It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 12:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

NYU Langone Fall 2008

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 08:23
bozo190101 wrote:
MeWantsMBA wrote:
Anybody has a BS from a foreign university?

I have a BE from a foreign univ and unfortunately I never went back to collect the degree.

Any ideas?

My undergrad institution is in India(not sure where yours is), and this website was quite helpful:
http://www.yourmaninindia.com/
I used it once for my transcripts. They were pretty prompt. My guess is you'd have to part with a bigger sum than normal if it were a rush job.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 08:51
It's been more a week since I sent them clarification about my work address being in NJ while my employer is in CA. No word yet from NYU. I'm trying not to lose hope but its getting harder by the day.
Given that they are still accepting applications and the % of admitted applications with an IT background(mine) stood at ~15% until about a week ago, I'm guessing they have reached the limit in this area and are looking for representation in others. Well, its the pessimist in me...

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 09:15
I don't think you should start freaking out just yet. There are still 200 seats left!

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient but I do love Fig Newtons!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 09:43
No response after sending back my feedback, I am almost freaking out as the market too. lose the confidence.........

CFACharterholder22 wrote:
I don't think you should start freaking out just yet. There are still 200 seats left!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 12:38
I need Mr. Paulson give me a bazooka.

holdontoit wrote:
No response after sending back my feedback, I am almost freaking out as the market too. lose the confidence.........

CFACharterholder22 wrote:

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 13:31
For those who have already registered for courses:

They ask you to chose a core group, which I did. But then they also list a few additional items for courses like:

:AM - :AM MBA PREPARATION & PRETERM 0.0

what is that? Do you have to rank that as well?

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 13:43
No, that's just the mandatory pre-term.

There are 262 in the database right now. Also, two of the people admitted today were IT people. All of you IT people shouldn't give up hope!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 13:52
CFA,

Thanks - so do you still have to rank those or just leave them blank?

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 14:12
I think you just leave it blank.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 14:22
I registered for classes and paid. I submitted all my forms. When I try to activate my Net Id it says error- no record in database. I emailed langone and they said "Due to the number of systems and databases that include student data at Stern, it can sometimes take a few weeks for new student data to be fully included in all databases. This is most likely the reason why you were able to learn your NetID but cannot yet activate it."

1) How long did it take for your net id to be active?
2) Can you see what core you got into elsewhere?

Thanks!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 07:36
lgold721 wrote:
1) How long did it take for your net id to be active?
2) Can you see what core you got into elsewhere?

I was able to view my netid about a week after I paid the deposit. I used this to view my core classes - https://ais.stern.nyu.edu/ I recieved my #1 choice, though I'm not sure if that is final or not (I still have yet to mail in my forms after registering).

In other news, it seems that I am in the Orange core group - anyone else?

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 08:32
Just got the update on the site...I am IN!

"Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you admission to the NYU Stern Langone Part-time program for the Washington Square Weeknights option..."

Age 28
5 years work experience
3.3 BS GPA from top 5 US Eng School
3.9 MS IT
Work as Engineer Consultant

Kudos [?]: 350 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 08:33
i have a few questions for admits regarding forms to be submitted to NYU:

1) after registering/paying online, do you have to submit any other registration/payment forms by mail or in person? if so, what are they? it doesn't say much on the New Student Tour, it just brings you to the online registration/payment form.

2) has anyone received the health record forms yet? on the New Student Tour, it says that these forms will be mailed, but i haven't received any.

3) if you are waiving the NYU health insurance, do you just mark the box on the online registration/payment form or do you have to also submit additional forms?

thanks in advance for any light that you can shed on this!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 08:35
bkk145 wrote:
Just got the update on the site...I am IN!

"Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you admission to the NYU Stern Langone Part-time program for the Washington Square Weeknights option..."

Age 28
5 years work experience
3.3 BS GPA from top 5 US Eng School
3.9 MS IT
Work as Engineer Consultant

congrats, bkk145!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 08:53
nyu08 wrote:

1) after registering/paying online, do you have to submit any other registration/payment forms by mail or in person? if so, what are they? it doesn't say much on the New Student Tour, it just brings you to the online registration/payment form.

2) has anyone received the health record forms yet? on the New Student Tour, it says that these forms will be mailed, but i haven't received any.

3) if you are waiving the NYU health insurance, do you just mark the box on the online registration/payment form or do you have to also submit additional forms?

1) There are 2 forms that need to be mailed after registering: a form inidicating whether or not you want to be included in the online student directory with a passport photo and the 50/50 tuition installment plan (if you need to fill it out)

2) Nope, no health forms for me either.

3) You need to mark the box to say that you are waiving it in addition to visiting this other NYU website to fill out a questionnaire that asks about your current health insurance in order for them to approve the waiver. They will contact you via email to tell you whether or not it has been approved (next day for me).

If you want to clarify any of the above, just go back to the new student tour, click on "how do i register" and then click on the registration link - although you can't modify anything, they should have links for the waiver and the photo form still available.

And cognrats bkk!!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 09:06
Tangaroo wrote:
nyu08 wrote:

1) There are 2 forms that need to be mailed after registering: a form inidicating whether or not you want to be included in the online student directory with a passport photo and the 50/50 tuition installment plan (if you need to fill it out)

2) Nope, no health forms for me either.

3) You need to mark the box to say that you are waiving it in addition to visiting this other NYU website to fill out a questionnaire that asks about your current health insurance in order for them to approve the waiver. They will contact you via email to tell you whether or not it has been approved (next day for me).

If you want to clarify any of the above, just go back to the new student tour, click on "how do i register" and then click on the registration link - although you can't modify anything, they should have links for the waiver and the photo form still available.

And cognrats bkk!!

Thanks for your help with all of this!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 09:24
Hi all,
I am IN!!! Just saw the status update:
"Congratulations! We are pleased to offer you admission to the NYU Stern Langone Part-time program for the Washington Square Weeknights option"
Thank you Tenore and Langone08, for your inputs.
Glad and relieved! Good Luck to all.

Last edited by rskaushik on 16 Jul 2008, 13:22, edited 2 times in total.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 09:32
Congrats to rkaushik and bkk...awesome news.

Thanks for the link rkaushik. I might have to use it to request the degree.

Believe in yourself.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 10:33
congrats to all.

I am still waiting. Are all admits choosing weeknight option? Has anybody choosing weekend option got admission?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2008, 11:06
Hi, all - just discovered this board AFTER I interviewed, and have been browsing it over the past couple of weeks. Anyway, I also received notice of acceptance today, to the Washington Square Weeknights option.

36 y/o white male
Pharma industry
8 years WE (6 in medicine, 2 in pharma industry)
3.9 UG GPA at state school
3.75 Grad GPA from Ivy
New York City resident

I had an interview with the admissions committee about two weeks ago, which apparently went OK. Looking forward to meeting my classmates in September! Good luck to those who continue to wait...I know how difficult it is...

Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008   [#permalink] 16 Jul 2008, 11:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  60    Next  [ 1200 posts ] 

NYU Langone Fall 2008

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap