Last visit was: 28 May 2024, 14:15 It is currently 28 May 2024, 14:15
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
I think it will be responsible for me to report my status any way. I got declined.
Well, I am not sad, I can understand there concern about traveling for long distance. So NYU and I decide to break up, or I should say end future relationship since we even did not star yet.
I will do full time later.

Thanks for all the great post in the forum and best wishes for all of you in your future career.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Very sorry to hear that, holdontoit. Good luck on your future FT apps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FYI, the database is down this afternoon.....415. That's two more seats than yesterday! Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asharc wrote:
i agree....we should focus our venom towards kroll and why they are taking so darn long

Anyone else hear from Kroll yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wasn't the db count 417 over the weekend? So thats 2 seats less. How many seats does NYU offer in total? Does the number of seats increase every year or it remains about the same?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I think the number of seats is 447 in last year.

Here is an update for my application. I got an email from Director of EMBA and asked me if I am interested. Does this mean I have lost hope for the PT? I recall one guy has the similar situation, what is his newest status?

corky wrote:
Wasn't the db count 417 over the weekend? So thats 2 seats less. How many seats does NYU offer in total? Does the number of seats increase every year or it remains about the same?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
has anyone besides CFA and Nyu08 heard back about Kroll yet????? Its been about 2 months for me.....its getting a bit ridiculous.

I'm done with the quant assesment....the only thing I have left is the health forms which I never recieved in the mail. I called up the health office and they said they were out of forms and wouldn't have them till later in the week. I reminded her that the deadline was this week and she said that they would understand since it was there delay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any update on the db?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I am embarrassed to admit that the quant test is harder than I expected! I got tons of questions on derivatives, and I took advanced calc in freshman so it's been way too long! (been out of school for 3 yrs) :?

Oh well..just keep going back to it daily and looking up some refreshers. If anyone has any good math resources they are using w/ clear tutorials, please let me know!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
corky wrote:
Any update on the db?

Back to 417
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:
I am embarrassed to admit that the quant test is harder than I expected! I got tons of questions on derivatives, and I took advanced calc in freshman so it's been way too long! (been out of school for 3 yrs) :?

Oh well..just keep going back to it daily and looking up some refreshers. If anyone has any good math resources they are using w/ clear tutorials, please let me know!

hahaha

I'm 100% sure that there are many who are "embarrassed." Better to be embarrassed and taking the quant test, than be outside looking in, wishing to take it. :P
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:

Did you try that MBA Survival Kit CD they provided with the admission packet? I found it useful to serve as a refresher on all the topics they ask in that test. There are review hints and practice questions for each topic in that CD. You might want to at least look at the hints (and take the Practice questions if time permits).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
asharc wrote:
has anyone besides CFA and Nyu08 heard back about Kroll yet????? Its been about 2 months for me.....its getting a bit ridiculous.

One of the current students told me he and some of his classmates never received an official confirmation about completion of Kroll. So, don't worry about that. As long as there is no pending query from Kroll on our side, I don't think we have to worry about it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
mbaatbigapple wrote:
Tangaroo wrote:

Did you try that MBA Survival Kit CD they provided with the admission packet? I found it useful to serve as a refresher on all the topics they ask in that test. There are review hints and practice questions for each topic in that CD. You might want to at least look at the hints (and take the Practice questions if time permits).

Yeah, I'm silly..I looked at it once when I first received it and forgot all about it. Instead, I was wasting time Googling tutorials! I was able to find most of what I needed, but I'll check out the CD for the calc stuff. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,
What happens after we submit the registration preferences etc.? When do they let us know about the core group? Is there any status page for registration?
Thanks..
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Send PM
mbaatbigapple wrote:
One of the current students told me he and some of his classmates never received an official confirmation about completion of Kroll. So, don't worry about that. As long as there is no pending query from Kroll on our side, I don't think we have to worry about it.

That is completely ridiculous. How about you guys not "officially" pay for the Kroll check.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:
mbaatbigapple wrote:
Tangaroo wrote:

Yeah, I'm silly..I looked at it once when I first received it and forgot all about it. Instead, I was wasting time Googling tutorials! I was able to find most of what I needed, but I'll check out the CD for the calc stuff. Thanks!

As Mbaatbigapple said, the CD is really an excellent refresher. I took a week to casually go through it, and found the quant assessment to be very manageable afterwards.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  47   48   49   50   51  ...  60