Last visit was: 02 Jun 2024, 06:13 It is currently 02 Jun 2024, 06:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Harvard '11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Georgetown '11
Send PM
Re: Students were vomiting on themselves ..... [#permalink]
yeah, seriously. the parties I was at in undergrad weren't even this bad.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
haha

Truth is stranger than fiction, I suppose.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Sounds like quite the shin-dig... wonder how accurate these accounts are.

I am not one to disparage partying, but if what the email says is true, I can see how that would tarnish a brand name in a hurry...

Perhaps River can lend his input..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just heard back from a second year I've been talking to. River can chime in with his experience, but the e-mail is coppied below.

Quote:
Well, I wasn’t there myself (it was for first-years), but this is what I heard: supposedly it was a small contingent of three or four people; they did pretty much what was described, but yeah, it got blown out of proportion because of the way the e-mail was written… the KSA was trying to scare people, but obviously didn’t account for the fact that the e-mail might get forwarded around.

I’m also not sure what you’ve actually seen – there are apparently three or four e-mails floating around, with various business schools on them, so it wouldn’t surprise me if there were a few exaggerated ones. But I guess the bottom line is, a few bad apples equals a ton of bad marketing…

I don't see how such a small number of people could have caused so much chaos. I feel like the 3-4 number isn't credible, but the fact that it was a small group being so out of control is what I was hoping to hear.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2750 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I feel bad for Sue.

May her fossil rest in peace.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
terp26 wrote:
hahahahaha Sue the Tyrannosaurus Rex

I guess business school is like undergrad after all

What are you talking about? We are very serious people at Wharton High.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Sleepy wrote:
Just heard back from a second year I've been talking to. River can chime in with his experience, but the e-mail is coppied below.

Quote:
Well, I wasn’t there myself (it was for first-years), but this is what I heard: supposedly it was a small contingent of three or four people; they did pretty much what was described, but yeah, it got blown out of proportion because of the way the e-mail was written… the KSA was trying to scare people, but obviously didn’t account for the fact that the e-mail might get forwarded around.

I’m also not sure what you’ve actually seen – there are apparently three or four e-mails floating around, with various business schools on them, so it wouldn’t surprise me if there were a few exaggerated ones. But I guess the bottom line is, a few bad apples equals a ton of bad marketing…

I don't see how such a small number of people could have caused so much chaos. I feel like the 3-4 number isn't credible, but the fact that it was a small group being so out of control is what I was hoping to hear.

3 - 4 students causing chaos? I'd be surprised too... That said, no offense but you have to be pretty naive or thick if you organize a 700 people party for students with an open bar and expect that everything is going to be ok.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: General Management
Schools:NYU Stern '11
tsk tsk...U of C folks would never do this.

*ducks*

U of C grad myself, schadenfreude is a beautiful thing.

:-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
At least now I have a good answer to "Why Kellogg?".
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Alright, the truth is there were only a half dozen or so people involved from what I know. It was no where near as bad as the email made it sound. Some people were puking but in the bathroom not all over the museum...no one was throwing things at Sue as far as anyone I or anyone else I know saw. The 2nd years running the ball were at the door confiscating the liquor as people were coming in, I only saw a few people who smuggled anything in and it was just a flask or small bottle of hard stuff...why would people bring in beer when it was being served for free. Some people did arrive drunk but it was no different than pretty much any party I have ever been to that starts later in the evening, people were out in groups prepartying so some where drunk by the time they arrived at 9pm.

It wasn't as crazy as the email or new reports makes it sound, just tons of people having a good time and dancing. Some 2nd years were annoyed with stories they heard about the behavior of a few and sent out the email. Note the people who put that together weren't there so its like a game of telephone, its 10 times worse than it really was. The worst thing are the idiots who felt the need to forward the email to friends at other schools...it make us look 100 time worse than we were in reality

Its still colllege and people go out and have fun. I dont drink and still have a great time going out. There are some people that party harder than others though thats for sure but with 700 people you definitely can find tons of people who have the same idea of a good time as you do.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks River,
it didn't sound quite right the way it was being told. I was wondering if you knew about the bar closing early? was the party shut down? that happend at our last chance party in undergrad and it was kinda depressing for everyone.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Tepper '11
Send PM
Biz School partying is of concern for me. My plan was to refrain from mentioning it unless I had an offer from the school, then evaluate how big it might be after that point.

But, everyone knows, B-school is for partying.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
lolsaurus rex
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Guys, I think everyone needs to realize that this is not going to be exclusive to Kellogg. There are students at all schools (except BYU) that drink too much and don't behave themselves. Example: https://www.bankersball.com/2006/12/13/stanford-gsbers-behaving-badly/

The biggest issue was not so much the students behavior, which was no where near whats being reported. It is that 2nd years who weren't there felt the need to issue a statement with "facts of events" that they did not verify before sending it out. Yes it was stupid for people to send out an email that never was meant to leave our class but the 2nd years should have realized that the probability of someone being dumb enough to do that out of 600 students is very high and should have never written what they wrote. I think they were trying to scare us and egg us on to take control of the few classmates we have that were slightly out of control.

My undergrad had a formal that was a million times worse than what went on at the Kellogg's ball. I have been to weddings where 50 year olds were worse than we were. Had the second years wrote an accurate picture of the real events it would not been picked up by the news since it was realitively tame...it would have been basically act your age and hold your classmates more accountable.

This is a valuable lesson to everyone though. Don't write emails that contain things that may make you look bad and dont forward them if you get them. Remember once its out there you can never contain it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
While I agree that this happens at every school (though I have yet to see people throw stuff at a Trex), I'm surprised someone decided to edit my post and censor me (plus it read like I edited my own post, but I digress, I've just removed the post altogether)....

I'll also point out that the email is already in the public domain - whether or not it was intended to be is sort of immaterial at this point - parts of it are quoted in the Chicago Tribune, Sun Times, and many other news sources. Other sites, like have the whole thing verbatim....Its sort of like trying to squash the fact that two GSB students were somehow involved in the scoretop thing, not much of a point in trying.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1650 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
rhyme wrote:
While I agree that this happens at every school (though I have yet to see people throw stuff at a Trex), I'm surprised someone decided to edit my post and censor me (plus it read like I edited my own post, but I digress, I've just removed the post altogether)....

I'll also point out that the email is already in the public domain - whether or not it was intended to be is sort of immaterial at this point - parts of it are quoted in the Chicago Tribune, Sun Times, and many other news sources. Other sites, like have the whole thing verbatim....Its sort of like trying to squash the fact that two GSB students were somehow involved in the scoretop thing, not much of a point in trying.

rhyme, this is very serious. my apologies. I will find out more.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2