Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:53 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Emory, Kellogg (Mat.)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Berkeley Haas
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 482 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Another day with no info for me... Sounds like those of you with the conflicting admission reports are likely in - an email confirmation is a bit more official and personalized than a status check.

This wait is really starting to drive me nuts - I really thought that my application would either resonate immediately as an admit, or that I would be a ding based on low GMAT quant score...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Texas
Send PM
suntaurian wrote:
1yrmba wrote:
Did you guys all get your email at the same time? If so, it would sound like that was an automated email (as opposed to Beth Flye sending them out individually).

Best of luck!

I got my email at 4:59 pm CST.

I also received my email at 4:59 central time.
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
It sounds like you guys are in- but I would be worried too. I hope it works out tomorrow! Keep us posted!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Texas
Send PM
jlola21 wrote:
It sounds like you guys are in- but I would be worried too. I hope it works out tomorrow! Keep us posted!

Honestly, I am very worried and a bit negative on this one. Has there even been a day yet in which there were 4 gmatclub admits? 4 admits in 1 day from this site and none got a call and all got a reject status and accept email? I guess I am just trying not to get my hopes up for potential bad news tomorrow but I am not exactly scurrying to book my flight for DAK just yet.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
icon wrote:
suntaurian wrote:
1yrmba wrote:
Did you guys all get your email at the same time? If so, it would sound like that was an automated email (as opposed to Beth Flye sending them out individually).

Best of luck!

I got my email at 4:59 pm CST.

I also received my email at 4:59 central time.

Wow, I hope you at least get a spot on the waitlist after this incident...

That is pretty unprofessional IMHO.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I blame IT...its probably some undergrad on work study or something haha.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
ninkorn wrote:
All I know is - someone at Kellogg admissions is gonna get fired for this screwup (if it is indeed a screw-up)...until you guys can call them tomorrow morning, let's just hope for the best.

Really? For a couple honest mistakes? I hear the words "prank" flying around here like people are intentionally doing this. Let's just wait til tomorrow before arriving at any conclusions.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
Wow, I can't believe this! I will be holding out hope for each of you that these are all admits in waiting. Keep your chins up, everybody!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
I think they should accept you, even if they meant ding. Kellogg has Honor Code and expects from students "right" behavior. So now Kellogg has an excellent opportunity to put their ethics into practice. If you were dinged but misinformed, it is "right" thing to admit you.

If they meant ding and will offer you WL... well, I think WL is a no-no option. Putting you on a WL is a "postponed ding" - they will comfort you a bit, but they also know from the beginning that they will ding you afterwards.

my $0.02
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 482 [0]
Send PM
garbus222 wrote:
I think they should accept you, even if they meant ding. Kellogg has Honor Code and expects from students "right" behavior. So now Kellogg has an excellent opportunity to put their ethics into practice. If you were dinged but misinformed, it is "right" thing to admit you.

If they meant ding and will offer you WL... well, I think WL is a no-no option. Putting you on a WL is a "postponed ding" - they will comfort you a bit, but they also know from the beginning that they will ding you afterwards.

my $0.02

I completely disagree with that line of thinking. Kellogg has every right to admit or ding whoever they want, based on their criteria for admission. Life isn't fair, and as painful as the conflicting reports are, just because something unfair happens, does not mean an applicant is suddenly qualified to get in.

It has nothing to do with ethics - I think there would be more of an ethical dilemma if a student who was objectively denied based on merit was allowed to take the place of someone else who would have been admitted otherwise.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Honestly, you aren't going to get admitted if you were supposed to be a ding. They aren't going to do that to the class and to other applicants since it would be entirely unfair. However, if you do get dinged...I think it would be fair to get real feedback from them since they caused you a great deal of anguish. So if they ding you, I would strongly recommend you suggest that they make it up to you by giving you detailed feedback. They probably wouldnt be in much of a position to argue that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS class of 2011
Send PM
Well... what about taking responsibility for your actions? Don't they expect this from us by the way of the ScoreTop scandal or breaking into HBS admissions system before deadline?

I agree with you that they have the right to take whoever they want. But because they made a call, they should accept the consequences of their internal issues (whether it's a technical mistake or whatever else).

Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
garbus222 wrote:

my $0.02

I completely disagree with that line of thinking. Kellogg has every right to admit or ding whoever they want, based on their criteria for admission. Life isn't fair, and as painful as the conflicting reports are, just because something unfair happens, does not mean an applicant is suddenly qualified to get in.

It has nothing to do with ethics - I think there would be more of an ethical dilemma if a student who was objectively denied based on merit was allowed to take the place of someone else who would have been admitted otherwise.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Brutal guys.. I hope it is an admit!

I will be hoping for you guys tomorrow!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Well definitely an error on one side or the other. Since Beth sends the emails and an IT dork updates the online status, I would hope that Beth gets it right. I think the odds are much greater that the email is right since its unlikely that would go wrong, I mean they need to pull up your email, type it in and all that. Plus thats a much bigger mistake in my opinion than having someone click the wrong check box on an online status. Honestly, I dont know what it means but...

Since they are most likely out of the office, I bet you are in and you should think that so you can at least get some sleep tonight.

RR makes a good point. Chances of the IT dude messing up are much higher than Beth the admissions lady manually sending the wrong email to multiple people. Either way, what a horrible thing to happen to you guys (and anybody else who may be caught up in this whole deal).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)
 Q44  V41
Send PM
well I have been dinged.
thankfully, I am off already for the holidays, so I have been unable to obsessively check my status and email.

Good thing I guess, since it was bad news anyways.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q51  V42
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
Send PM
garbus222 wrote:
Well... what about taking responsibility for your actions? Don't they expect this from us by the way of the ScoreTop scandal or breaking into HBS admissions system before deadline?

I agree with you that they have the right to take whoever they want. But because they made a call, they should accept the consequences of their internal issues (whether it's a technical mistake or whatever else).

I can't really see the parallel between this and the scoretop/HBS issue. In the scoretop/HBS case, people were actively trying to cheat the system. This seems like an honest mistake. Its not like they are admitting people and then rejecting them later because they found better R2 applicants.

In fact, Kellogg gives applicants the freedom to correct factual errors on the app even after the deadline. I would think we can allow the same leniency to Kellogg's adcom.

Honestly though, my heart goes out to the people in this situation. It's a very tough situation to be in, but my honest guess is that you are probably being accepted. Otherwise this would've happened to every person who got dinged today.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Non-profit, GM
Schools:Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
 Q44  V44
Send PM
This has got to be infuriating, guys. I'm really pulling for you. I can only imagine how I would feel if I were in your situation.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  58   59   60   61   62  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts