Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:05 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Wharton
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General
Schools:Kellogg
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink]
waitlisted as well.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship, Health Care
 Q50  V44
Send PM
sterny wrote:
Does anyone know when does Wharton start sending out admit packets?

The admissions letter said 7-10 days.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone know if wharton lets the people on the waitlist know before the March deadline?like if a lot of people take themselves off the waitlist, do they accept people from the rd1 waitlist? does anyone have any examples?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
ndiaconu wrote:
Does anyone know if wharton lets the people on the waitlist know before the March deadline?like if a lot of people take themselves off the waitlist, do they accept people from the rd1 waitlist? does anyone have any examples?

Nobody knows. Thats why being on waitlist sucks......
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Send PM
just a quick question regarding the application form. in the work experience section, it asks for

"Your Responsibilities:"

should i get and paste my work experience from my resume?
i worked as a analyst at a consulting compnay, so role description is standard - the project is what makes the difference.

alternatively, should i dig out my contract, and see what my role description is?

thanx in advance.

S
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
sset009 wrote:
just a quick question regarding the application form. in the work experience section, it asks for

"Your Responsibilities:"

should i get and paste my work experience from my resume?
i worked as a analyst at a consulting compnay, so role description is standard - the project is what makes the difference.

alternatively, should i dig out my contract, and see what my role description is?

thanx in advance.

S

Either is fine. I copy/pasted from job postings. It's not really that important unless you have a very obscure job.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
hallo, now i just notice in Wharton website indicates that the school prefer GMAT split both >80%... I did try twice the GMAT, and my V is low 34-36 (<80%tile), my Q is 50, AWA 5.5... i'm applying for R2 and very worrying abt this. Anyone got exp with that? thanks in advance

Congrats to R1 acceptance!!!! :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
AlbertNTN wrote:
hallo, now i just notice in Wharton website indicates that the school prefer GMAT split both >80%... I did try twice the GMAT, and my V is low 34-36 (<80%tile), my Q is 50, AWA 5.5... i'm applying for R2 and very worrying abt this. Anyone got exp with that? thanks in advance

Congrats to R1 acceptance!!!! :P

"Prefers" is the operating word here. Of course the school prefers that, but if you're a strong applicant you'll get in. I have a friend who got in with a very weak math score for example (below 80%). Again, there's no rule of thumb here.

However, I don't want to sound patronizing or mean (apologies if I do), but if the level of English in your post reflects your true level, I hope that you are going have your essays read by a proficient English speaker; you might get away with a weak score in verbal, but if above that your essays are poorly written with grammatical mistakes, that will be a red flag.

Good luck! If you have other questions don't hesitate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Audio, thank u very much for the advice. I will concentrate more on the essays since i have no time to get another GMAT score
Intern
Intern
Send PM
are girls allowed on the rugby team as well?

audio - what do you recommend for girls to join at wharton?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Add me to the Waitlist list... I had high hopes... Now I am keeping my fingers crossed
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
So those of you on the Waitlist, what's your plan?

The best practices email from the Wharton adcom said:
1) they don't offer feedback to candidates on the waitlist.
2) They won't accept additional information for your app. (From reading the knowledge vault on WL best practices, it also seems that most schools won't accept additional essays but will take emails.)

Here's what I'm thinking:
- giving the adcom a call after the holidays and just asking them for feedback (I figure worst case, they'll just say 'sorry we don't give feedback.')
- contacting the HCM folks to see if they have any more specific advice they can offer (again, I figure worst case, they'll just say 'sorry we don't give feedback')
- then based on their feedback, doing whatever they suggest

If they don't give any feedback, ideas of things to do (which I will then put in an email):
- take online courses to improve those calc, econ grades
- amp up the ECs (somehow?)

So all that being said, what're you planning? :)

cheers,
ac.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q41  V46
Send PM
Good point, ac8706. I was thinking if it is going to be worthwhile attending upcoming student chats to show more Wharton 'love'.

Does anyone have an inkling on how many people are on WL? Seems like quite a number to me!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
I plan on waiting, till they ask for something.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [1]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
ac8706 wrote:
So those of you on the Waitlist, what's your plan?

The best practices email from the Wharton adcom said:
1) they don't offer feedback to candidates on the waitlist.
2) They won't accept additional information for your app. (From reading the knowledge vault on WL best practices, it also seems that most schools won't accept additional essays but will take emails.)

Here's what I'm thinking:
- giving the adcom a call after the holidays and just asking them for feedback (I figure worst case, they'll just say 'sorry we don't give feedback.')
- contacting the HCM folks to see if they have any more specific advice they can offer (again, I figure worst case, they'll just say 'sorry we don't give feedback')
- then based on their feedback, doing whatever they suggest

If they don't give any feedback, ideas of things to do (which I will then put in an email):
- take online courses to improve those calc, econ grades
- amp up the ECs (somehow?)

So all that being said, what're you planning? :)

cheers,
ac.

Accepted.com's Wharton waitlist chat from earlier this year may shed some light:
https://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... arton.aspx

John (Apr 2, 2008 1:03:59 PM)
Thomas: Instead of just passively waiting by the candidates, will Wharton appreciate proactiveness of candidates? E.G., I really would like to further elaborate on ones capabilities and strong interest to the MBA program, but I worry that it will negatively impact the application on the contrary.

ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:04:23 PM)
John, excellent question. In your WL letter, we give specific instructions to please NOT send in additional information.

ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:04:51 PM)
John, This includes "unsolicited" letters from alumni, etc.

ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:05:14 PM)
Linda and I had a long discussion on this last year (check the archives for all the reasons...).The main purpose is to give everyone a fair and equitable chance at admission.

focussedonwharton (Apr 2, 2008 1:08:24 PM)
Thomas: Thank you for taking our questions on this chat . Given Wharton's waitlist policies would it be advisable to talk to adcom/meet them etc, but not submit new materials?

ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:08:35 PM)
Focus: not really.

focussedonwharton (Apr 2, 2008 1:17:19 PM)
Thomas: Hi. I am a R2 waitlister. Is it okay to for a waitlister to call the office or meet with adcom?

ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:17:47 PM)
Focus, again, I would carefully read your decision letter. We discourage applicants from calling, writing, or visiting...

FrankChang (Apr 2, 2008 1:36:32 PM)
Thanks a lot for your time. What advice would you give to people in WL?

ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:36:50 PM)
Frank, as difficult as it sounds, just sit tight and try to relax.

ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:37:02 PM)
Frank, I know this can be frustrating, but it's really the best course of action...

Waits4Wharton (Apr 2, 2008 1:48:52 PM)
Thanks for taking the time to do this chat Thomas. So would you say that waitlisted students who eventually became admitted the past five years literally did nothing from notification to decision?

ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:49:37 PM)
Waits, I would say that we weigh all factors when we make decisions, including whether the applicants follow the specific guidelines in the decision letters.But in general, re-applicants tend to be admitted at a higher rate than first-time applicants. Nothing magic to that, they just have a deeper understanding of themselves and the process...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Quote:
ThomasCaleelWHARTON (Apr 2, 2008 1:49:37 PM)
Waits, I would say that we weigh all factors when we make decisions, including whether the applicants follow the specific guidelines in the decision letters.But in general, re-applicants tend to be admitted at a higher rate than first-time applicants. Nothing magic to that, they just have a deeper understanding of themselves and the process...

Thanks for finding that zoinnk. So before calling, maybe I should think twice huh. :?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Wharton, Booth, Stern
 Q49  V42
Send PM
zenzen wrote:
are girls allowed on the rugby team as well?

audio - what do you recommend for girls to join at wharton?

Hey Zenzen,

Yes girls are allowed on the rugger team, although the girls play touch rugby - which is a much milder form of the sport (to tackle you only have to touch the other person as opposed to the real game that the guys play). There are no mixed teams (for obvious reasons due to the physicality of the sport). Wharton always has a big female rugby team, and I would definitively suggest trying it out.

Otherwise there are no female-specific clubs from what I know; well, the fashion club is full of girls for example, but it's not specifically targeted at them. So I'd just recommend joining clubs that correspond to your interests, whether these clubs are professional or athletic.

I'll try and post a description of the clubs that I'm part of to give you an overview, if that's something of interest.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  67   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts