Last visit was: 08 Jun 2024, 17:01 It is currently 08 Jun 2024, 17:01
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2939 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q50  V40
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2939 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Columbia, Haas, IESE, Yale, Fuqua, Darden, NYU, Georgetown
 Q44  V42
Send PM
Re: Are you allowed to bring your own marker? [#permalink]
botirvoy,
I'm assuming that your practicing using the pens. That being said when I practiced with the pen I found that they would go "dry" all of a sudden when using the lamainated sheets. My solution to this was to write on my shirt/jeans (yes you read that correctly). That makes the pen come back to life rather quickly and def much quicker than getting a new pen from the procter. Try it out when your studying. Yes the marker marks come out in the wash, and I'd recommend writing on only old clothes.
hope this helps
SP
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
botirvoy wrote:
ninkorn wrote:
You are not allowed to take anything into the room. Everything stays in the locker.

Thanks for a reply ninkorn.
I would be interested in personal stories about how people went when they realised that the marker is no good.

Well, yeah the whole marker thing that the GMAC have really sucks. Even though they tested my markers before the exam, at the center, both markers dryied up and I have to raise my hand and wait (what seemed forever) for an old lady proctor to notice me and bring me a replacement.

For $250 I guess they should give us at least two brand new markers to use on the test but they somehow calculated it will save up more money if they rotate the markers till they dry out
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 473 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I agree the markers are terrible. I kept raising my hands every 10 mins for a new set. My proctor got annoyed and said you should keep the cover on. I told her I paid $250 for this test and I can ask for as many markers as I can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
 Q43  V45
Send PM
I had a bad marker for the AWA, so after the break, I asked for a couple extra. The guy let me have some, so I wouldn't have to wait for him to bring them. I think that's up to the individual test proctor, but if he's not a total wanker, then I don't see why he won't help you out. Either way, it won't hurt to ask.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:NYU STERN
Send PM
Right when I started the AWA i opened the pen and noticed the tip was all busted- I recommend at least opening them immediately to check them rather than wasting time during the test! It wasn't that big a deal though - they came back with 2 working ones!
GMAT Club Bot