Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 19:43 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 19:43
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance (Investment Management)
Schools:Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Wharton
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Concentration: Finance (Investment Management)
Schools:Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Wharton
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Concentration: Economics, Finance, Farm and Ranch Management
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink]
fooFighter wrote:
Guys,

I have been wait listed by booth in R1. I'm thinking about writing a letter to show them my love and update them on my progress.

How receptive are Chicago to Waitlist letters. I haven't changed jobs or been promoted. In terms of extra curricular though I've done alot lately. Helped arrange several business events in the region, i performed at an open mic night. Would these things help?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

Definitely write a letter! I would say that Chicago not only is receptive to waitlist updates, but encourages them. You don't want to be obnoxious and write every day, of course, but if you have something to add, go for it.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital
Schools:Chicago, MIT, NYU, UCLA
 Q48  V40
Send PM
I had my interview today. It did not start so well, as I was 10 minutes late (what are the chances that 2 cafe's, from the same chain will be located on the same, remote street?!) and it gotten worse...

Like others wrote before me, the questions really focused on Why MBA? Why Now? and Why Booth? I think that you have to come up with really good answers to these questions, ones that will not have any "holes" in them.

In my case, not like in any other interview I had in the past, my interviewer gave me the feeling that he is not 100% in tact with my short and long term goals and with my reasoning for pursuing an MBA at this stage of my career... To think that all of the work I put in my application will crumble due to bad chemistry... So, I kinda feel like **** right now, cannot focus on my work today and think about calling it a weekend!

Originally posted by GandalftheGrey on 05 Feb 2009, 09:22.
Last edited by GandalftheGrey on 07 Feb 2009, 05:36, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
GandalftheGrey wrote:
I had my interview today. It did not start so well, as I was 10 minutes late (what are the chances that 2 cafe's, from the same chain will be located on the same, remote street?!) and it gotten worse...

Like others wrote before mw, the questions really focused on Why MBA? Why Now? and Why Booth? I think that you have to come up with really good answers to these questions, ones that will not have any "holes" in it.

In my case, not like in any other interview I had in the past, my interviewer gave me the feeling that he is not 100% in tact with my short and long term goals and with my reasoning for pursuing an MBA at this stage of my career... To think that all of the work I put in my application will crumble due to bad chemistry... So, I kinda feel like **** right now, cannot focus on my work today and think about calling it a weekend!

Hey sorry hear Gandalf. But it's probably not as bad as you think it is, everyone's always harder on themselves than others.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Wharton (R2, Int Invit),Chicago (R2, Int Invit),Columbia (R2, Int Invit),NYU (R2),MIT (Ding),LBS (Ding)
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Just got the Invite...a lit bit relaxed to see the first int invite....at least i know my apps are worth an interview... :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital
Schools:Chicago, MIT, NYU, UCLA
 Q48  V40
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
GandalftheGrey wrote:

Like others wrote before mw, the questions really focused on Why MBA? Why Now? and Why Booth? I think that you have to come up with really good answers to these questions, ones that will not have any "holes" in it.

Hey sorry hear Gandalf. But it's probably not as bad as you think it is, everyone's always harder on themselves than others.

Yeah, I guess you're right. After all, it is only one pillar of the admission process... You never know what they are thinking there, a black box indeed...
Thanks man
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arshia22 wrote:
Just got the Invite...a lit bit relaxed to see the first int invite....at least i know my apps are worth an interview... :-D

Congrats Arshia22!

I am scheduled for on campus interview 2/21 and attending Booth Live on the 20th.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Cornell Johnson School
 Q51  V44
Send PM
for those of us still waiting for an interview invite, from the Booth admissions chat today:

Hi Rose, I had my interview last week have a couple of questions: A) is round2 more competitive than round1? B) approximately, what is the fraction of applicants who are invited for an interview, and what is the fraction of interviewed applicants who are finally admitted?

Rose: Congratulating on completing your interview. We are still evaluating applications and are about 50% through, so it is too early to predict what our final invitation rate will be. And until I start reading your files after the application, I'm not sure what the admit rates will be. These decisions are truly individual.
Current Student
Send PM
i'm debating if that 50% figure is a good thing or not. i'm starting to get worried.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Cornell Johnson School
 Q51  V44
Send PM
coolrun wrote:
i'm debating if that 50% figure is a good thing or not. i'm starting to get worried.

when did you go complete?
Current Student
Send PM
wonderhaven wrote:
coolrun wrote:

the 23rd.

looking at the scoreboard, half of us have the invite..so maybe the rest will get one too?!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
wonderhaven wrote:
coolrun wrote:

That's for overall populations, I view GC as above regular. Look at last year, they interviewed 50% but last year 34/42 (81%) people got interview invites.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 151 [0]
Send PM
arshia22 wrote:

congrats arshia22. u going to fly to chicago?
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton (R2, Int Invit),Chicago (R2, Int Invit),Columbia (R2, Int Invit),NYU (R2),MIT (Ding),LBS (Ding)
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Thanks,...yes i'll go to campus
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
Just got an interview invite ... submitted 1/07 (I think) and went complete 1/27.
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Congrats yaazol...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Guys, do I have to (physically) mail waitlist information or can i email it to them?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3085 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
All,

If any of you are coming to campus to interview and would like to grab a coffee, just PM me. I can't promise I'm free all days, but I'm always happy to try and make time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  77   78   79   80   81  ...  95