Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:39 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Quote:
welcome.

ahmed, a good place to start is the category based forums. we have classified the problems based on difficulty level. Start with the beginner level problems and progress to the intermediate level and eventually to the advanced level. After you have studied the problems, try participating in GMAT Club discussions. practice with an error log, make notes of your mistakes and study those errors everyday. that should be a good start.
oh yes, try to buy the official guide and study every single problem in detail.

hope this helps
praetorian

Praetorian,

Thank you very much for these valuable advises.... I do appreciate your help.

ahmed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
hi goalstanford,

U really introduced a very good idea to the forum. Well, I m Saurabh Agrawal from India. I have completed my Bachelors in Commerce from India. I am targeting for the Score of "7**" in GMAT.

Quants is not a big prob for me but the verbal is really hard for me.

Best Of Luck :)

Saurabh
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Greetings,

I am currently a financial analyst for a consulting firm. My target school is Wharton, but I may also apply to Columbua. My target GMAT score is a balanced 700 (at least 80% Verbal and Quant) because that is what Wharton preaches. Based on my first attempt, 590, I have a lot of work to do! Good luck to everyone going through this dreadful process!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
wow WhartonPlease,
what a way to start.You posted your first post in the introduction thread.Pefect start.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your preperation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
First of all, congrats to the team that created this forum. I came to this site from Google and I got addicted to it since. Feels like :panel working with a group.

I am an archtiect by profession, with experience of 8yrs of running my own practice and working with some architects in India and UK.

I am interested in getting my MBA programme completed in a years time and hence my favourite colleges are INSEAD, Said and Judge School. My target GMAT is 680. I would love to get something close to 700 and above but my results on diagonistics are not very thrilling. :cry:

Wishing everybody all the best
:beer

Rachel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

My name is Mary and I am a Peruvian BA in Economics (I am unable to convert my avg score to a GPA equivalent since my school had a weird way of grading -standards were tough and even if grades were on a 20 scale, it was unlikely to have someone score over 16!), top of my graduating class. I have 5,5 yrs of experience as a telecommunications management consultant, mainly in rural telecom projects for the World Bank. I came across the site in Google (too late I think... :( only three days before my first G-day).

As I have posted before, I am a future retaker, even though the schools I am applying to might not ask me for a score much higher than the one I got (650). However, unless I secure a scholarship, there is no way for me to pursue a MBA in any way imaginable... so I have to aim for the 680-7xx range!! I'm on my way to the second GMAT...

PBabyfly
Intern
Intern
Send PM
:x hi !
my name is ashwini,i am from bangalore, india.i completed my bachelors degree in telecom engineering in 2002.However,i was always interested to work in banking and finance industry.i worked for 15 months in HSBC now i have taken a break to prepare for GMAT.my aim is 700+.it is scheduled on aug19th.
when i began preparing for GMAT my practice test scores were in the 500range i was extremely worried but this wonderful website gave me some hope.
i aim to get into Bschools around NYC bcoz i feel most of the finance industries are concentrated there.

pls get in touch with me if u have anything to share with me.
[img]ashwini_s17@yahoo.com[/img]
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
Hi everybody,

I am not new but I am definitely very quiet with less than 5 posts :lol:

I am french, 25 years old, living and working in a manufacturing plant as Sales Manager. I am located in Shenzhen-CHINA. I've lived for 15 years in Africa (Cameroon and Ivory Coast), then I moved to France for the studies and I got some internship in Spain and USA. Of course I like travelling and I hope I'll travel again Fall 2005 to USA :P

I spent the last 3 months studying the GMAT and I've never taken the test so far. I am gonna do it early september. I still need to practice more probabilities questions and more RC questions. My 2 big problems :evil:

I am not targeting 700+, of course it would be a pleasure to get it :roll: If I can reach 680, it will be enough. I don't have already defined which schools I'll target because GMAT is quite important in our application but obviously I would be interested in top 20. Specially Yale...then MIT, Carnegie, NYU, Columbia, Berkeley (each one for different reasons).

Feel free to contact me if you're targeting the same schools, if you also live in china and even without any reason...

good luck !

Antoine
CEO
CEO
Send PM
A warm welcome to all of you. I really wanted to reply to all of you individually , but it would just dilute the purpose of the thread. So, all you get from me is a hug. Welcome to the Club. :circle

Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Wassup Everyone,

I just registered with the site today, though I've been hittin' it up almost daily for the past few weeks...I def. love how everyone is tryin' to help everyone do the best they can, and I'm def. aimin' to do a great job like so many of ya'll already have...as for an introduction, here we go...

I graduated this past May from the University of Virginia, with a B.A. in Economics and an Interdisciplinary B.A. in South Asian Studies...I'm aimin' for a JD/MBA, since I was a pre-law student in school, but the more I work within the financial industry and read so many of the posts on this site, the more I want that MBA...I'm trying to get into the best school possible with what I feel is a sad undergrad. GPA, and basically need to rock the GMAT to prove to myself that I was able to conquer what I came to accomplish...i'm not sure if anyone has any strategies in regards to applyin' to schools, but is there a way to get into a part-time program, and then transfer into a full-time day program?

...okay, i'm typin' a bit too much, but yeah, i hope to have an enjoyable time here, and I just finished my first Kaplan test (the hardcopy one in the book) in a bit of a haphazard manner and scored a 620...so yeah, i've read some amazin' stories of people startin' off with extremely low scores and then studyin' like non-other to achieve that coveted 99 percentile...hopefully that's goin' to be me sometime soon...

Take Care,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi friends,

My name is Sowmya and am basically known as Simba elsewhere :) . I am new here and am still getting used to this place. I am from India & right now, am working towards getting into a good bschool.

A little about myself - Unlike a lot of Indians out here, I have not stepped out of India and hope this MBA makes me cross those borders :wink: I am into Telecom, basically a hardware engineer now handling a few responsibilities. I have worked for about 5 years and now, intend to finish my MBA from a top US school to give me a good professional leap. :) GMAT - around Oct-Nov... Need to start prepping!!!

All u guys have done a great job keeping this site. :) Praet.. Will def try to be a lil more active around here!!!

Take care all..
Surreal
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Hey Surreal / Vivek

Welcome to the Club. Hope we can help you on your way. Ask questions that you dont quite understand, learn, debate and contribute. this way, all of you will benefit most from the club.

We are here to help.

Good luck
Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Thanks Praet, I can def. feel the love, haha...

I honestly just need to organize my day better, so that I can actually study steadily during the week like BB mentioned in his post outlining his plan of attacking the GMAT...I'm currently trying to do about 2 hrs per day (or should I say @ night, after work, hitting up the gym, running), and then aiming to spend about 4 hrs per day on Saturday and Sunday...so yeah, hopefully in a week, I will be better in the flow, and will hopefully be able to narrow the scope of the questions I ask...

Thanks,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [0]
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am french, 29yo, 4+ y working experience, BS of Physics, MSEE and MD in finance.
Previous experience in strat&orga consulting, set up my own business and now in the venture capital field.
Target score over 700, target b-schools : Insead or finance oriented (Columbia, Wharton, Chicago)

Frederic
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
I came thru a search engine (can't remember which one!) Seemed an interesting website and got hooked to it.

My history: I have a BSc in Accounting from a British University, got married and moved to the States. I have taken GMAT and have scored extremely low (very very low!) I am not applying for admission to Ivy league universities, but I want a good score (700+ preferably) to get an assistantship/fellowship position at Florida State. I have used Kaplan and Princeton and 800 score and PP worked through all the questions but I am not sure yet. I want to take the exam in October but I am worried that I have not gone through enough questions. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 240 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General
Schools:Yale SOM, Tuck, Ross, IESE, HEC, Johnson, Booth
 Q50  V34 GMAT 2: 720  Q50  V38
Send PM
Hi everybody.
I am krishan working as a software engineer in silicon valley of India i.e. Bangalore for just below one year gaining expertise in Telecom domain. I have done B.Tech in computer science from Lucknow University(India).I joined this forum last month when i was searching for some one who could guide me though the mystery which we call as GMAT.
I know it's too early to appear for GMAT as the average work ex is 5-6 years for ppl going for it, but being just out of the college has a certain advantage in the sense that your mathematical/analytical skills are intact. Moreover scores are valid for 5 years.

I aim to get a course in consulting from one of the Ivy League colleges, not limiting my option just to Wharton's of the world for which i have to score around 750/800 to compensate for a very less work ex.

I have just started my foray into this world and hope that this forum would provide me and many like me with a sound platform on which we can build upon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
krishan wrote:
but being just out of the college has a certain advantage in the sense that your mathematical/analytical skills are intact. Moreover scores are valid for 5 years.

I certainly agree with you krishan. And almost envy those skills which you possess right after u graduate... :) All the best!!

Surreal
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66