Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 21:40 It is currently 04 May 2024, 21:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management
 Q49  V37
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Congrats saras!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q45  V38
Send PM
congrat saras!!! great news.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
MMM ding this morning
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Markkm wrote:
MMM ding this morning

Sorry to hear Markkm.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My stats are 700/F/8 years work exp in technical, program and product management.
After speaking to the assigned admissions officer, I sent in additional materials addressing the concerns they had.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1077 [0]
Send PM
saras wrote:
My stats are 700/F/8 years work exp in technical, program and product management.
After speaking to the assigned admissions officer, I sent in additional materials addressing the concerns they had.

Congrats saras!

Is it typical for W/Led candidates to get direct feedback from Kellogg admissions office regarding specific areas of improvement? I had my interview at the end of Feb so I think I have a bit more to go before I find out my fate but if I'm waitlisted, then that's good info to know.
Current Student
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
Schools:Fuqua '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
Not too much activity this week. With Northwestern on spring break next week (students that is, don't know what the deal is for adcoms) the same adage may apply. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1077 [0]
Send PM
Is it possible to submit additional info after submission at Kellogg? e.g. job promotion?

If so, is there a specific email address that I should send to?

Thx.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Kellogg Admissions Chat transcript is available Yahoo - https://news.yahoo.com/s/bw/20090320/bs_ ... C5sSCyBhIF

Some interesting quotes:

"emanon: What are application numbers like compared with (2008)?

BethFlyeKellogg: Applications are up slightly this year, and the pool continues to be exceptional."

"natasha19: Do you have any preliminary numbers on how the class of 2009 did securing jobs and how the class of 2010 is doing with internships?

BethFlyeKellogg: Formal and informal indicators tell us that full-time job placement for our second-year students is on a par with where it has been at this point during the past few years. We don't have formal numbers on those who have received internships at this point. Historically speaking, half our students generally secure internships after spring break. "

"ahembeea: Like most other top schools, even Kellogg experienced a rise in Round 1 applications. Has the trend continued in Round 2 and now Round 3, or has it been different?

BethFlyeKellogg: Similar to last year, we had a more pronounced increase during the first round compared with the second. "

"Wael: What is the impact of the TOEFL? Is there any minimum requirement?

BethFlyeKellogg: The TOEFL is one element that we examine when assessing an applicant's English language communication skills. There is no minimum requirement, and we also take into account the interview and essays when evaluating this area."
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Nice find Gil. +1
Current Student
Concentration: Infrastructure, Strategy, Management, Social Entreprenuership
Schools:Stanford
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Are there still chances of receiving an admit to Kellogg? Considering that this is the last week of admission window, and that already many admits have been released, how many more admits are likely to be released in this week? Is it true that generally more waitlists and dings come out than admits in the last week?

I submitted the application one day before deadline, and interviewed on 10 Feb. Alumnus submitted the report around 17 Feb. App went complete around 19th Feb. Nothing heard as of now!!
Current Student
Concentration: Management Consulting, Social Enterprise, Environmental Sustainability, International Business
 Q48  V47
Send PM
appukutty wrote:
Are there still chances of receiving an admit to Kellogg? Considering that this is the last week of admission window, and that already many admits have been released, how many more admits are likely to be released in this week? Is it true that generally more waitlists and dings come out than admits in the last week?

I submitted the application one day before deadline, and interviewed on 10 Feb. Alumnus submitted the report around 17 Feb. App went complete around 19th Feb. Nothing heard as of now!!

In rd 1, gclub got 20 admits and 39 dings total

In the last 2 days, GClub got 5 admits and 4 dings. So I would definitely say based on R1 you have just a good a chance as before late in the round as you would early on.
Current Student
Concentration: Infrastructure, Strategy, Management, Social Entreprenuership
Schools:Stanford
 Q50  V44
Send PM
bostonsparky wrote:
appukutty wrote:

In rd 1, gclub got 20 admits and 39 dings total

In the last 2 days, GClub got 5 admits and 4 dings. So I would definitely say based on R1 you have just a good a chance as before late in the round as you would early on.

I wonder whether this forum is representative of the applicant pool. However, 5 admits in the last 2 days before R1, in this forum alone, tells that there are chances still for those of us waiting to hear in R2. Thats encouraging!

Originally posted by appukutty on 23 Mar 2009, 10:00.
Last edited by appukutty on 23 Mar 2009, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
The last few days of R1 were filled with WL...they dont WL until the very end. R2 typically far fewer people get WL'ed though...so the chances of that fate are lower. People will get in on the last day, more will probably get dinged, and some will get WL'ed. They just make far more decisions in the last day or two.
Current Student
 Q48  V47
Send PM
appukutty wrote:

I wonder whether this forum is representative of the applicant pool. However, 5 admits in the last 2 days before R1, in this forum alone, tells that there are chances still for those of us waiting to hear in R2. Thats encouraging!

I've always put most GClub people in definitely the upper echelon of applicants. My view is that they are at the point now where everyone left (between the R1 WLs and the still TBD R2's) is someone Kellogg has deemed qualified to attend the school. That said, that in no way means you're getting accepted. I feel they're at the point now where they were on 1/3 and 1/4 or so of the last app cycle, doing the last checkover of the 'still TBD' pool of applicants and making the final calls on a lot of people. The difference of course is that hopefully for everyone's sake 3/30 will result in a lot less WL's than the R1 release date (though I'm sure there'll still be a few).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Busy day on businessweek with decisions...so hopefully some of you still waiting get some nice phone calls today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Tech, GM
Schools:Berkeley (R1\WL), Kellogg (R2)
Send PM
Ding for MMM.
Best of luck to all!
GMAT Club Bot