It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 10:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 10:10
veni. vidi. victum sum.

i came. i saw. i got dinged.

all the best to those admitted. unless, of course, we square off at some case competition or C4C...then the gloves are off.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 11:41
Hi everyone. Congrats to those admitted. I haven't posted previously in this Kellogg forum but was waitlisted today. Was wondering if any of you had advice to offer those in my situation. Is it best to call the admissions office? Email? Email and follow up with a call? What's the most effective strategy for converting the "waitlist" to an "admit"?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 28
Schools: Stanford
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 12:30
A few more days of silent inbox!

Kellogg could be considering me for some full tuition scholarship :D and may be they want to finalise all admits before releasing mine along with a Scholarship.

But apart from these delusions of grandeur, i feel i must get ready for a waitlist (realistic) or a ding (pessimistic)
_________________

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2008
Posts: 348
Schools: Fuqua '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 12:44
appukutty wrote:
A few more days of silent inbox!

Kellogg could be considering me for some full tuition scholarship :D and may be they want to finalise all admits before releasing mine along with a Scholarship.

But apart from these delusions of grandeur, i feel i must get ready for a waitlist (realistic) or a ding (pessimistic)


At least you only have to wait 1 more day. Admittedly I'm selfishly hoping you get waitlisted so you can post more here thereby displaying more pictures of that girl
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1263
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 13:31
MbaHopeful2009 wrote:
Hi everyone. Congrats to those admitted. I haven't posted previously in this Kellogg forum but was waitlisted today. Was wondering if any of you had advice to offer those in my situation. Is it best to call the admissions office? Email? Email and follow up with a call? What's the most effective strategy for converting the "waitlist" to an "admit"?


That's really interesting question. I emailed them and then called them a week later. That was just because I didn't hear any type of reply. It was a good thing I called them, because my waitlist manager said I had nothing in my file.

Balki1867 apparently just emailed once and was admitted with the lady saying he did a great job of being patient.

There seems to be no consensus.
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2008
Posts: 14
Schools: Tuck Class of '11
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 14:28
Ding for me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 14:40
GoBruins, thanks for the reply. Hmm... that's rather interesting. I guess I'll give them a call next week and see what happens. Do you mind my asking if they questioned you on any specifics about your application or just told you to sit tight and wait? When I went to the Kellogg info session they said in certain cases Adcom actually has specific concerns that they want waitlisted candidates to address and, once they're addressed, admission may be forthcoming. I'm assuming, though, that in many cases it's just that the peer group is really strong and while you may not be at the top of the pile you're relatively close so they WL you.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Posts: 1263
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 15:06
MbaHopeful2009 wrote:
GoBruins, thanks for the reply. Hmm... that's rather interesting. I guess I'll give them a call next week and see what happens. Do you mind my asking if they questioned you on any specifics about your application or just told you to sit tight and wait? When I went to the Kellogg info session they said in certain cases Adcom actually has specific concerns that they want waitlisted candidates to address and, once they're addressed, admission may be forthcoming. I'm assuming, though, that in many cases it's just that the peer group is really strong and while you may not be at the top of the pile you're relatively close so they WL you.


Basicly it was more of a wait to see how the class fills up. I tried to probe about my application and stuff but the kinda just dismissed it all. I really wish I understood it more, but she was like blank generic responses. I think the MMM is more approachable I think.
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 28
Schools: Stanford
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 19:17
bostonsparky wrote:
appukutty wrote:
A few more days of silent inbox!

Kellogg could be considering me for some full tuition scholarship :D and may be they want to finalise all admits before releasing mine along with a Scholarship.

But apart from these delusions of grandeur, i feel i must get ready for a waitlist (realistic) or a ding (pessimistic)


At least you only have to wait 1 more day. Admittedly I'm selfishly hoping you get waitlisted so you can post more here thereby displaying more pictures of that girl


Arghhhh...that was a bad confession. :|

Wish me well; Wish me luck. It has been 5 months into B School admission, i have zero admits. Damn...I didnt apply for any safety school. No waitlist please. Only admits. Clear admits. I will continue to post most snaps of her from time to time, irrespective of my Kellogg result. :)
_________________

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 143
Schools: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 19:30
appukutty wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:
appukutty wrote:
A few more days of silent inbox!

Kellogg could be considering me for some full tuition scholarship :D and may be they want to finalise all admits before releasing mine along with a Scholarship.

But apart from these delusions of grandeur, i feel i must get ready for a waitlist (realistic) or a ding (pessimistic)


At least you only have to wait 1 more day. Admittedly I'm selfishly hoping you get waitlisted so you can post more here thereby displaying more pictures of that girl


Arghhhh...that was a bad confession. :|

Wish me well; Wish me luck. It has been 5 months into B School admission, i have zero admits. Damn...I didnt apply for any safety school. No waitlist please. Only admits. Clear admits. I will continue to post most snaps of her from time to time, irrespective of my Kellogg result. :)


You still have your best program left................. Stanford GSB!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 169
Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2009, 19:51
still nothing from kellogg ! looks like appukutty and I are the only ones waiting !
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 28
Schools: Stanford
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2009, 22:33
ashaker wrote:
still nothing from kellogg ! looks like appukutty and I are the only ones waiting !


One more day left to go. I really think it is going to be a waitlist! Well...ding is a possibility but I had a wonderfully great interview, and my profile is really unique. So, I want to keep the faith.

pu2003 wrote:
appukutty wrote:

Arghhhh...that was a bad confession. :|

Wish me well; Wish me luck. It has been 5 months into B School admission, i have zero admits. Damn...I didnt apply for any safety school. No waitlist please. Only admits. Clear admits. I will continue to post most snaps of her from time to time, irrespective of my Kellogg result. :)


You still have your best program left................. Stanford GSB!


Well...yes...Statistically its a 40% chance there at Stanford after the interview, compared to around 20% at Kellogg in spite of the interview. If Kellogg were to ding me tomorrow, then I think its going to on the live wire on thursday for Stanford. Exciting, but honestly I would have preferred to do without much of this excitement, with a straight admit call a month ago :D
_________________

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 28
Schools: Stanford
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 03:47
The Judgment Day!

Let me see what different decision Kellogg has to give than what the other three that dinged me gave!
_________________

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Dec 2008
Posts: 1221
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 03:53
Good luck! Hope you guys hear some good news today.
_________________

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Schools: columbia, kellogg, hbs, wharton, yale
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 06:24
I'm reporting a few days late, so can't say whether today's results have started... I'm a ding. :(

Congrats to all the admits and good luck to those waiting for results today! FYI, my notification email from Kellogg went to my junk folder (gmail)... in case any of you are using gmail.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 169
Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 08:33
Admit ! !!!

ashaker :arrow: midwest !

At the last possible moment - Kellogg salvages my application season. Finally !

Ripper- a special thanks to you for all your posts..extremely helpful !

Congrags to all the other admits !

Last edited by ashaker on 30 Mar 2009, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 195
Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 08:35
ashaker wrote:
Admit !
:P :P


Congratulations!
_________________

http://bent.tw

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4318
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 08:41
ashaker wrote:
Admit ! !!!

Congrats...so I take it you will be joining us in the fall???
_________________

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2008
Posts: 217
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 08:43
ashaker wrote:
Admit ! !!!

ashaker :arrow: midwest !

At the last possible moment - Kellogg salvages my application season. Finally !

Ripper- a special thanks to you for all your posts..extremely helpful !

Congrags to all the other admits !

Congrats! Hope to see you at DAK II and again on campus this fall.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 797
Location: Texas
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 09:26
Wonderful news ashaker!!! Congratulations!!!
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2009, 09:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  109   110   111   112   113   114   115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.