It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 10:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 10:10
veni. vidi. victum sum.

i came. i saw. i got dinged.

all the best to those admitted. unless, of course, we square off at some case competition or C4C...then the gloves are off.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 11:41
Hi everyone. Congrats to those admitted. I haven't posted previously in this Kellogg forum but was waitlisted today. Was wondering if any of you had advice to offer those in my situation. Is it best to call the admissions office? Email? Email and follow up with a call? What's the most effective strategy for converting the "waitlist" to an "admit"?
Current Student
Schools: Stanford

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 12:30
A few more days of silent inbox!

Kellogg could be considering me for some full tuition scholarship :D and may be they want to finalise all admits before releasing mine along with a Scholarship.

But apart from these delusions of grandeur, i feel i must get ready for a waitlist (realistic) or a ding (pessimistic)

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student
Schools: Fuqua '11

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 12:44
appukutty wrote:

Kellogg could be considering me for some full tuition scholarship :D and may be they want to finalise all admits before releasing mine along with a Scholarship.

But apart from these delusions of grandeur, i feel i must get ready for a waitlist (realistic) or a ding (pessimistic)

At least you only have to wait 1 more day. Admittedly I'm selfishly hoping you get waitlisted so you can post more here thereby displaying more pictures of that girl
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 13:31
MbaHopeful2009 wrote:
Hi everyone. Congrats to those admitted. I haven't posted previously in this Kellogg forum but was waitlisted today. Was wondering if any of you had advice to offer those in my situation. Is it best to call the admissions office? Email? Email and follow up with a call? What's the most effective strategy for converting the "waitlist" to an "admit"?

That's really interesting question. I emailed them and then called them a week later. That was just because I didn't hear any type of reply. It was a good thing I called them, because my waitlist manager said I had nothing in my file.

Balki1867 apparently just emailed once and was admitted with the lady saying he did a great job of being patient.

There seems to be no consensus.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student
Schools: Tuck Class of '11

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 14:28
Ding for me.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 14:40
GoBruins, thanks for the reply. Hmm... that's rather interesting. I guess I'll give them a call next week and see what happens. Do you mind my asking if they questioned you on any specifics about your application or just told you to sit tight and wait? When I went to the Kellogg info session they said in certain cases Adcom actually has specific concerns that they want waitlisted candidates to address and, once they're addressed, admission may be forthcoming. I'm assuming, though, that in many cases it's just that the peer group is really strong and while you may not be at the top of the pile you're relatively close so they WL you.
Current Student
Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 15:06
MbaHopeful2009 wrote:
GoBruins, thanks for the reply. Hmm... that's rather interesting. I guess I'll give them a call next week and see what happens. Do you mind my asking if they questioned you on any specifics about your application or just told you to sit tight and wait? When I went to the Kellogg info session they said in certain cases Adcom actually has specific concerns that they want waitlisted candidates to address and, once they're addressed, admission may be forthcoming. I'm assuming, though, that in many cases it's just that the peer group is really strong and while you may not be at the top of the pile you're relatively close so they WL you.

Basicly it was more of a wait to see how the class fills up. I tried to probe about my application and stuff but the kinda just dismissed it all. I really wish I understood it more, but she was like blank generic responses. I think the MMM is more approachable I think.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 19:17
bostonsparky wrote:
appukutty wrote:

At least you only have to wait 1 more day. Admittedly I'm selfishly hoping you get waitlisted so you can post more here thereby displaying more pictures of that girl

Arghhhh...that was a bad confession. :|

Wish me well; Wish me luck. It has been 5 months into B School admission, i have zero admits. Damn...I didnt apply for any safety school. No waitlist please. Only admits. Clear admits. I will continue to post most snaps of her from time to time, irrespective of my Kellogg result. :)

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student
Schools: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2009, 19:30
appukutty wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:
appukutty wrote:

Wish me well; Wish me luck. It has been 5 months into B School admission, i have zero admits. Damn...I didnt apply for any safety school. No waitlist please. Only admits. Clear admits. I will continue to post most snaps of her from time to time, irrespective of my Kellogg result. :)

You still have your best program left................. Stanford GSB!
Current Student
Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2009, 19:51
still nothing from kellogg ! looks like appukutty and I are the only ones waiting !
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2009, 22:33
ashaker wrote:
still nothing from kellogg ! looks like appukutty and I are the only ones waiting !

One more day left to go. I really think it is going to be a waitlist! Well...ding is a possibility but I had a wonderfully great interview, and my profile is really unique. So, I want to keep the faith.

pu2003 wrote:
appukutty wrote:

You still have your best program left................. Stanford GSB!

Well...yes...Statistically its a 40% chance there at Stanford after the interview, compared to around 20% at Kellogg in spite of the interview. If Kellogg were to ding me tomorrow, then I think its going to on the live wire on thursday for Stanford. Exciting, but honestly I would have preferred to do without much of this excitement, with a straight admit call a month ago :D

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 03:47
The Judgment Day!

Let me see what different decision Kellogg has to give than what the other three that dinged me gave!

VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 03:53
Good luck! Hope you guys hear some good news today.

Intern
Intern
Schools: columbia, kellogg, hbs, wharton, yale

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 06:24
I'm reporting a few days late, so can't say whether today's results have started... I'm a ding. :(

Congrats to all the admits and good luck to those waiting for results today! FYI, my notification email from Kellogg went to my junk folder (gmail)... in case any of you are using gmail.
Current Student
Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 08:33
Admit ! !!!

ashaker :arrow: midwest !

At the last possible moment - Kellogg salvages my application season. Finally !

Ripper- a special thanks to you for all your posts..extremely helpful !

Congrags to all the other admits !

Last edited by ashaker on 30 Mar 2009, 08:38, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 08:35
ashaker wrote:
Admit !
:P :P

Congratulations!

http://bent.tw

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 08:41
ashaker wrote:
Admit ! !!!

Congrats...so I take it you will be joining us in the fall???

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 08:43
ashaker wrote:
Admit ! !!!

ashaker :arrow: midwest !

At the last possible moment - Kellogg salvages my application season. Finally !

Ripper- a special thanks to you for all your posts..extremely helpful !

Congrags to all the other admits !

Congrats! Hope to see you at DAK II and again on campus this fall.
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 09:26
Wonderful news ashaker!!! Congratulations!!!
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2009, 09:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  109   110   111   112   113   114   115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap