Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 07:45 It is currently 06 May 2024, 07:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Yale SOM 2011
 Q44  V42
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:HBS '11
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Re: LEAK?: USNews 2010 MBA Rankings | Yale SOM breaks top 10? [#permalink]
Kudos
Interesting, but for some reason the video is dated April 30:

New Grad School Trends in 2010
(U.S. News-April 30)

U.S. News Editor Brian Kelly looks at our first-ever part-time law school rankings, the changing face of business school, and the front lines of fighting disease.

you can still get to the video by going to the youtube version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr2mHtOE0ho and clicking on the link under info: https://usnews.feedroom.com/index.jsp?fr ... &rf=fr_std
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
do you guys have eagle eyes or something. it's like 4 pixels high.. pretty amazing. but I concur. looks like yale is 10th
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
 Q39  V40
Send PM
GO GEORGETOWN!

I am applying there next year and very stoked at number 19! I love the school, now it is getting high in the rankings. LOL, tell me guys - does the new building at Georgetown help with the rankings increase?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
sonibubu wrote:

Yup!

That's the video solaris originally dug up last night.

fast forward to :55.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Wow you guys have better eyes or a better screen than I do. All I see are blurry lines that sort of correspond to school names.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:HBS '11
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
Wow you guys have better eyes or a better screen than I do. All I see are blurry lines that sort of correspond to school names.

The original link under "info": https://usnews.feedroom.com/index.jsp?fr ... &rf=fr_std is clearer (but not by much). You can just make out the names and numbers.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management
Schools:Harvard '11
Send PM
Looks like the finance-focused schools all dropped slightly...maybe not a coincidence?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Send PM
msday wrote:
Looks like the finance-focused schools all dropped slightly...maybe not a coincidence?

I agree. However, I still can't find rationale for dropping Wharton out of the top 3.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
 Q50  V38
Send PM
pguard wrote:
msday wrote:

I agree. However, I still can't find rationale for dropping Wharton out of the top 3.

they are still in the top 3....just tied. So just so happens Northwestern comes before Wharton or Upenn in alphabetical order
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
If they were considerate, they'd release the rankings in July or August when people have already made decisions that won't be colored by "this school jumped from 17 to 13 so I'm going to enroll," then it drops back to 16 the next year in a more or less arbitrary stab at micro-rating. It's good marketing but frankly I piss on them for messing with the psyche of some applicants during decision season. The process is always caveat emptor and yes, you'd hope people won't be affected by it, but human nature is what it is.

BTW, I second the comment about the quality of people here versus the "other" forum. There remains considered thought among the babble on the interwebs.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
Here's a screen grab blown up and sharpened.

I'm of course happy about Kellogg, but also about Wisconsin. That was my safety school and I could not be more impressed with how they handle themselves. Admissions issues were handled by the head of the various departments, and the information and feedback were incredible. I would very highly endorse the school to anyone considering it...
Attachments

USNews-2009-Leak-Enlarge-Sharpen.jpg
USNews-2009-Leak-Enlarge-Sharpen.jpg [ 223.92 KiB | Viewed 10399 times ]

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Schools:Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Send PM
Kudos
You can tell the order of the ranking but you can't really tell the actual ranking. For example, after Stanford, I can't tell what the actual rankings are, just the order.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't the actual ranking. They just put up something somewhat randong up there for this piece. Perhaps they even did it on purpose to generate buzz ahead of time.

So, if this is true, I've decided to attend Kellogg instead. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
pu2003 wrote:
You can tell the order of the ranking but you can't really tell the actual ranking. For example, after Stanford, I can't tell what the actual rankings are, just the order.

Also, it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't the actual ranking. They just put up something somewhat randong up there for this piece. Perhaps they even did it on purpose to generate buzz ahead of time.

I agree - see my post one page back:)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Yale SOM '11
Send PM
Gil wrote:
pu2003 wrote:

You can tell the rankings by looking at the differences in the overall scores.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Kudos
Gil wrote:
pu2003 wrote:

Occam's Razor, guys. What's more plausible? That this some kind of elaborately staged PR plot to release a video that people may or may not see on some obscure website, with fake rankings that are barely legible in hopes that people will publish them online and generate huge buzz before US News publishes the actual rankings next week, which are completely different? Or that these are the real rankings and the US News folks tried to make it unreadable in the video, but didn't do a good enough job? You can believe whatever conspiracy theory you want, but I'm going with the latter.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
jb32 wrote:
Gil wrote:
pu2003 wrote:

Occam's Razor, guys. What's more plausible? That this some kind of elaborately staged PR plot to release a video that people may or may not see on some obscure website, with fake rankings that are barely legible in hopes that people will publish them online and generate huge buzz before US News publishes the actual rankings next week, which are completely different? Or that these are the real rankings and the US News folks tried to make it unreadable in the video, but didn't do a good enough job? You can believe whatever conspiracy theory you want, but I'm going with the latter.

I think the video was planted by Sharon Oster, Dean of Yale SOM, to manipulate the minds of young MBA applicants as she has been instructed to by her Saturnian alien overlords who intend to utilize a new generation of business and economic leaders to turn Earth into one giant carbon breeding ground so that our gassy galactic neighbors have a place to store their excess flatulence without the side effects of melted polar ice blocks and destroyed coastal cities in their own utopian atmosphere. Or maybe US News just screwed up.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4