Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V40
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Columbia Business School - Class of 2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: GM or Marketing in Digital Media/Internet Products
Schools:Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Re: Jeffrey Chiang...UT Austin [#permalink]
My friend fwded this to me this morning. He works at a VC in Austin and said they had interviewed Jeffrey for an analyst position last month and decided not to move forward with him. This link gives a pretty good synopsis.

https://dealbreaker.com/2009/10/jeffrey- ... eceivi.php
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Duke
 Q44  V42
Send PM
It's a shame because he has really good grades on his resume. Without the sneakiness and the apparent attitude (the Four Seasons? Really?) he probably could have gotten a decent job offer somewhere. I don't feel sorry for him though as this was definitely his own doing.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
ElleBee wrote:
It's a shame because he has really good grades on his resume. Without the sneakiness and the apparent attitude (the Four Seasons? Really?) he probably could have gotten a decent job offer somewhere. I don't feel sorry for him though as this was definitely his own doing.

Grades don't matter when you are a disgraceful person. I know the BofA representative mentioned in this, and feel sorry for her being a victim of such fraud, but it is a wash for her I guess. I can't see how it is a shame, unless you are observing that some of his talent is wasted on him.

The idea that a guy who can't get in at BofA due to being an arse would get anywhere with Tiger Global, Soros, Tudor and others on the dealbreaker list is crazy.

Seems I might know a dealbreaker poster if they can outright say he was at a Wagner class (Stern does have winter classes for PT). The University of Edinburgh thing is a complete misstatement (there is simply a School of Law, artistic license) and there are some dreadful grammatical errors in there for a resume. How the hell do you do, as he presents it, four concurrent degrees at college?!

The Four seasons is really the least of his problems - in part through it being stupidly located for where the interviews would be, and because BofA/ML will put him up in pretty pleasant midtown identikit hotel land.

nink - comfort yourself that he is an analyst. Though some of the stuff I hear of being done by MBA students.... Oh, and try and send me a PM (I will try to remember to tomorrow) - I think I might have something that you may help with. I feel you would be interested, but the NYC - Yale distance may be a bit of a stretch for what it is.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Duke
 Q44  V42
Send PM
I agree; he is a disgraceful person and I'm not saying that his grades should mitigate that. I was saying it's a shame because he seems (as long as his resume is truthful, which, I also agree, has some weird things written on it) like he has some academic potential and it is completely wasted on a person like him with no moral compass.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Either this guy sends follow-up emails the day before his interview or he's just a retarded forger.

LevFin7S wrote:
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2009 3:36 PM
To: Jeffrey Chiang
Subject: RE: Bank of America Merrill Lynch Interviews

Hi Jeff,

Everyone was very impressed with your interviews today. We are excited to formally extend to you an offer to join Bank of Ameria Merrill Lynch as an analyst next summer. You should be getting documentation in the mail to sign very shortly. If you have any further questions please feel free to email me. Again, congratulations and we look forward to having you join us next year.

Best,

Diana
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:28 PM
To: Park, Diana
Subject: Bank of America Merrill Lynch Interviews

Ms. Park-

I just wanted to follow up with you regarding my interviews and the recruiting process for Bank of America Merrill Lynch and where they are in the process. Please shoot me back an email when you can. Thanks for all your help.

Best Regards,

Jeffrey Chiang

Business Honors Program & Finance
Economics Honors & Advertising Honors
McCombs School of Business
The University of Texas at Austin
Email: xxxxx
Cell: xxxxx
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:HBS, Kellogg, Duke, Darden, Wharton
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Disgusting.

Even Alexei Vayner would be ashamed right now...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
This is on every finance news/forum I go to. This guy is so toast. What a scumbag -- the only shame is for every one of these guys that gets caught red handed a few more slip by.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
I've seen some good resume padding, but this kid is good. I'd hired him based on the resume.

I feel bad for UT-Austin and the BHP program. This kid is giving them a really bad name.
GMAT Club Bot