Last visit was: 01 Jun 2024, 13:36 It is currently 01 Jun 2024, 13:36
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1   2   3   4  ...  70   
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [2]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:London Business School (int)
 Q50  V41
WE 1: Research
WE 2: Corporate Strat
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:London Business School (int)
 Q50  V41
WE 1: Research
WE 2: Corporate Strat
Send PM
Re: INSEAD JANUARY 2011 INTAKE [#permalink]
Thanks, sm332. Would you mind sharing your profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:UCLA, INSEAD
Send PM
Anyone knows what companies recruit at INSEAD?
Current Student
Send PM
4test1 wrote:
Thanks, sm332. Would you mind sharing your profile?

you should check out the 2010 applicants thread -- I think it is still pinned on the front page.
Current Student
Send PM
tan888 wrote:

mate - these are stupid questions which you can answer for yourself through simple browsing of INSEAD's website or some googling.

People are not going to be inclined to help if you want to be spoonfed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Management Consulting
Schools: Ross 2012
 Q50  V44
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
tan888 wrote:

mate - these are stupid questions which you can answer for yourself through simple browsing of INSEAD's website or some googling.

hahaha... watch out, they might be your future classmates.
Current Student
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
sm332 wrote:
tan888 wrote:

hahaha... watch out, they might be your future classmates.

even so ... stupidity is stupidity.

I am not here to spoonfeed anyone
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
tan888 wrote:

[/quote]

Just wanted to ask a simple question... didn't know it would anger you so much mate.
Current Student
Send PM
tan888 wrote:
sm332 wrote:
tan888 wrote:

Just wanted to ask a simple question... didn't know it would anger you so much mate.[/quote]

https://www.insead.edu/corporate_recruit ... istics.pdf

it took me exactly 2 seconds to get that link ...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for answering my question.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1045 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
 Q49  V41
Send PM
I will be applying for Round 1 for Jan 2011 intake. Have been procrastinating for the last month since my other apps.

I've been researching INSEAD for a few months now, I've got two friends who graduated last year and one who graduated 5 years ago and the one common thing I can say of all 3 of them is they all have truly international backgrounds (all have studied/worked/lived overseas or have mixed heritage) as well as aspirations.

From what they have told me, yes it is true you party (and work) hard. But this is also a product of the environment. When you consider that INSEAD condenses a 2 year MBA as well as the networking and social events into 10-12 months it shouldn't really be a surprise.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 584 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I am applying for the Jan 2011 intake too. Have to start working on the essays soon. 7 essays give me less than a week per essay.

I wanted to attend the In-House event btu couldn't. Anyone on this forum who went to the Event ? Would be great to get a first hand account of the visit.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
I know atleast 2 INSEAD grads (2008), who were jobless for quite sometime and then finally took up something for the heck of it to pay their huge edu loans.

On a side note, is it only me who thinks that a school like INSEAD with so much global brand presence cannot tie up with a global financial institution for loans to students?

4test1 wrote:
Am thinking of applying as well.

Have you guys heard anything about recent grad recruitment? Have heard that quite a few INSEAD grads have been without jobs in 2008/09 even 4-5 months after graduation. I'm trying to see if INSEAD has been hit harder relatively, particularly in Asia.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Concentration: General Management
WE 1: Investment Banking - 6yrs
Send PM
Are there seperate set of essays or it's the same as the Aug'10 intake?
Also, would you know how long the intership is - 6 or 8 weeks or lesser/more?

Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
snipertrader wrote:
I know atleast 2 INSEAD grads (2008), who were jobless for quite sometime and then finally took up something for the heck of it to pay their huge edu loans.

On a side note, is it only me who thinks that a school like INSEAD with so much global brand presence cannot tie up with a global financial institution for loans to students?

4test1 wrote:

Have you guys heard anything about recent grad recruitment? Have heard that quite a few INSEAD grads have been without jobs in 2008/09 even 4-5 months after graduation. I'm trying to see if INSEAD has been hit harder relatively, particularly in Asia.

2 out of 950 isnt that bad ... anyways the 2008 stats are there for folks to see. INSEAD doesnt place as many of its students 92% compared to 94-95% for schools of similar calibre. Why that is I am not entirely sure. But all in all 92% isnt shabby at all.

I agree that arranging financing would be an excellent step - having said that a number of US schools withdrew their financing arrangements in 2008-2009 due to the credit crunch. Citibank seemed to have been the underwriter for many of those lines of credit and it pulled back in a big way.

I will be speaking to some of the administrative folks in the near future and will make the suggestion.
Current Student
Send PM
pm4553 wrote:
Are there seperate set of essays or it's the same as the Aug'10 intake?
Also, would you know how long the intership is - 6 or 8 weeks or lesser/more?

Thanks!

I believe INSEAD reserves the right to change the essays but doesnt typically do so very often.

The internships are certainly no more than 8 weeks - I suspect between 6-8 and is where most people land.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Finance, Treasury, Banking
Schools:BC
GMAT 2: 620
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Send PM
Well i know only know 2 so... anyways, that does not take anything from INSEAD. Its a great school.

On funding - US schools withdrew the loans for intls in the light of the credit/crisis because they had one. This year , most of the top schools, barring Columbia have a loan agreement in place. Since INSEAD prides itself on its diversity, i hope they also understand the problems internationals face.

Having said that, it does not stop top quality applicants to apply to top school, just coz funding is an issue.

sm332 wrote:
snipertrader wrote:

4test1 wrote:

2 out of 950 isnt that bad ... anyways the 2008 stats are there for folks to see. INSEAD doesnt place as many of its students 92% compared to 94-95% for schools of similar calibre. Why that is I am not entirely sure. But all in all 92% isnt shabby at all.

I agree that arranging financing would be an excellent step - having said that a number of US schools withdrew their financing arrangements in 2008-2009 due to the credit crunch. Citibank seemed to have been the underwriter for many of those lines of credit and it pulled back in a big way.

I will be speaking to some of the administrative folks in the near future and will make the suggestion.
Current Student
Send PM
Sniper -

They are aware of the issues and I would be surprised if they havent explored ways to get around it. The school is smaller and is a standalone management school so perhaps fund raising is not as deep as most other MBA programs.

But I will try and get more details in the coming months. I will share anything interesting I learn with GMATClub
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4  ...  70