Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 21:13 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 21:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73549 [0]
Given Kudos: 19088
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73549 [1]
Given Kudos: 19088
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Re: Get Paid $100 to take a GMAT practice test conditions apply [#permalink]
I'm having a nervous breakdown right now (my test is tomorrow at 12:30pm).

I'm currently taking my "8-minute-break" between quant and verbal.

Anyway, I'd like to shed some light on the Knewton practice test.

I signed up through the first link that BB posted; then in a couple of days, Josh emailed me with a link. The link doesn't seem to be any special link, but simply a link that leads you to Knewton's GMAT website. From there, I signed up for an account and took my practice test. I believe that's all you need to do (though I don't know if the same will qualify if Josh did not send an email out to each individual user). I took the exam and that was it...until tomorrow - D-DAY, baby.

One question to piggy-back on this thread, does anyone seem to know the correlation between Knewton's free GMAT test and the real one? Do we have a large enough of a sample pool to know the correlation?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bb wrote:
nickk wrote:
Thanks bb. I also wanted to incorporate their practice exam into my study program (GMAT is on Monday).

Good Luck!!!
Take a good rest over the weekend and prepare to fight for every single question on the exam; give it your best but don't get carried away. There is a time to move on. I spent 4 mins on one of my quant questions and never cracked it, so if you don't figure it out in 3 mins, probably not worth it. It could be an experimental question and then you wasted a whole bunch of time.

Thanks! I feel like I'm ready for the quant & verbal section, right now I'm going over the AWA (memorising a few templates).
I was planning to re-do GMAT prep 1 & 2 over the weekend (a full test each day). Do yo think this is a good idea? Should I completely forget about GMAT on the day before the exam?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
bakfed wrote:

I signed up through the first link that BB posted; then in a couple of days, Josh emailed me with a link. The link doesn't seem to be any special link, but simply a link that leads you to Knewton's GMAT website. From there, I signed up for an account and took my practice test. I believe that's all you need to do (though I don't know if the same will qualify if Josh did not send an email out to each individual user). I took the exam and that was it...until tomorrow - D-DAY, baby.

One question to piggy-back on this thread, does anyone seem to know the correlation between Knewton's free GMAT test and the real one? Do we have a large enough of a sample pool to know the correlation?

Hey don't worry so much man. Before an important event (such as the GMAT), I try to keep a 'I don't give a ****' attitude. This definitely helps me relax a bit. In any case you shouldn't care so much about the GMAT. What's the worst that could happen? Your grade isn't as good as expected? Well then you can simply retake it.
When thinking about it in these terms (as opposed to OMG I ONLY HAVE 1 CHANCE !!!!111111one), I feel substantially more relaxed.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
bakfed wrote:

For me, the total score was spot on. The Verbal was lower by 6 percentage points from the real exam and the quant was higher by 5 percentage points. The total percentiles didn't match up even though the score was the same.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Thanks, nickk; I've always thought I could keep the usual calm as d-day approaches. I'll go watch Sound of Music or something :lol:

lagomez, thanks for your input. I'd love to have the same score as I had for Knewton's free practice test. I guess we shall see :?
VP
VP
Send PM
bakfed wrote:
Thanks, nickk; I've always thought I could keep the usual calm as d-day approaches. I'll go watch Sound of Music or something :lol:

lagomez, thanks for your input. I'd love to have the same score as I had for Knewton's free practice test. I guess we shall see :?

Good luck. Keep us updated as to the discrepancy, if any.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
bakfed wrote:

whatever you feel comfortable go for it. I for one dont like to do any CATs since i can get depressed but i know there are some people who want to do that to boost their morale. If you go watch a movie watch kickass - it is great stuff!
Also for the Knewton test vs real test question...my highest score on knewton was 45/46 and my highest quant/verbal ever on knewton was 47/36 and i got 49/39. Another weird thing is my quant/verbal "percentage" is 85/49 - that is the number of questions i got right throughout the class..I guess it varies somewhat but i know for sure knewton helped me on verbal the most - i kinda "whatevered" through Quant. Also from my experience it seems there are more ratio/prob ques on knewton tests than on the real gmat but knewton recycles its questions a bit so dont take it as "dont study prob"....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
 Q45  V27 GMAT 2: 640  Q47  V31
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
I too got the same message no links whatsoever
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FWIW, knewton was in range for me. I found it to be a bit easier than the real mccoy.

Knewton - 690 (91%) 48Q 38V Real thing 660 (82%) 39Q 42V

Just need to send josh my authorization code when i get it, and hopefully i'll get the check.
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Sentence Correction
Schools:BA Amherst College, MFA Brooklyn College
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry for any lag.

Here's the process.

1) Sign up on GMAT Club.
2) I'll send you an email within 7 days of when you told me you're going to take the real GMAT.
3) Signup for the Knewton GMAT course's free trial (with the same email address you gave me when you signed up for GMAT club) and take a CAT.
4) Send me via pdf or via snail mail your official score report.
5) Every Thurs night we will verify all the score reports we got in that week, and make sure that effort was expended on our CATs.
6) We'll paypal money to your email address on Friday. If have a paypal account you can transfer to your bank account easily. If you don't have an account you can just create a free one and claim your money.

Any other questions?

Here's the snail mail address:

Knewton
c/o Josh Anish
19 Union Square West
12th floor
New York, NY 10003

Cheers,
Josh
Current Student
Send PM
does this apply to someone(me) who has taken knewton already? i am certainly interested and had my score 2 saturdays ago..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Josh,

I signed up but never received an email from you. Can I still do this? I did the real GMAT on the 19th (Monday).
Knewton GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 99 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: AWA, Personal Statements, Sentence Correction
Schools:BA Amherst College, MFA Brooklyn College
Send PM
Lastly, former and current Knewton students are not eligible for the promotion.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 820 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
thanks for the clarification
Current Student
Send PM
JoshKnewton wrote:
Lastly, former and current Knewton students are not eligible for the promotion.

:(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Received $100 via paypal [#permalink]
I took my real GMAT on the 12th. I sent my score after taking the Knewton GMAT a day later. I took a week to mail the score.
Some one from Josh's team sent me $100 via paypal. Thanks Josh for the quick turnaround. They processed my $100 in 2 days i think.

Thanks
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Received $100 via paypal [#permalink]
mbafall2011 wrote:
I took my real GMAT on the 12th. I sent my score after taking the Knewton GMAT a day later. I took a week to mail the score.
Some one from Josh's team sent me $100 via paypal. Thanks Josh for the quick turnaround. They processed my $100 in 2 days i think.

Thanks

What was the correlation between your Knewton score and the official score?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Received $100 via paypal [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37615 posts