Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 23:25 It is currently 22 May 2024, 23:25
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Re: MSF/MFin Fall 2010 Applicants Get In Here [#permalink]
Kudos
If anyone is considering Vanderbilt and has a question about their job placements, one of their students recently emailed me a spreadsheet of the program's recent offers/placements. If you're interested in seeing it, just PM me.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Hi I've been admitted to the following universities for their MSF program.

1) Purdue
2) UIUC
3) Tulane
4) Depaul

I'm keen on joining Purdue. Any opinion/suggestion on the program?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

I have an interview coming up from WashU and Krannert, villanova soon.
I am really nervous about the WashU interview.

Can someone please share their insights/questions about the Olin phone interview.
I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hey,

I wouldn't worry too much about the WashU interview. It was fairly straightforward. They only asked me 5 questions. I remember 3 questions specifically. #1 Why MS Finance. #2 Why WashU. #3 What math/programming skills do you have.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
can anybody at all help me with purdue's +ves and -ves and if possible UIUC's as well. please!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
hey guys

I was in a similar boat last year so I thought should chime in. I decided ultimately on Uiuc over villanova and rochester.

130 students, humongous, mostly international. You will have even more this upcoming year

Empoloyment rate from 2009 class : 6% overall. NOT KIDDING this year only 2 out of 130 have gotten placed ( and one of them did MAcc also . )

Boston has a better reputation in Finance than UIUC. Though program is old, there is NO alumni network. Chicago is 3 hours away .

positives: breath of courses is indeed pretty good. If you are here to learn then this is a great program for someone who doesn't have a background in finance. I did ugrad in finance and felt the first half of the year was a complete waste. Some professors are very good ( esp in quant ) . Some not so much.

**** career services, dont expect much ( or anything)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey Papagoose,

Are those employment stats for the GRADUATING class of 2009 or the INCOMING class? I thought the job placement was slowly improving (I heard at one point it was barely 50% placement for their class) but apparently I was wrong. 6% seems ridiculously bad. Can it really be that poor? Only 2 out of 130?!??? That's pretty horrendous.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi
I have got admit from UIUC and Purdue for their MSF Programs..which one should I accept?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
priya, i chose uiuc over purdue.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
nbd52 wrote:
Hey Papagoose,

Are those employment stats for the GRADUATING class of 2009 or the INCOMING class? I thought the job placement was slowly improving (I heard at one point it was barely 50% placement for their class) but apparently I was wrong. 6% seems ridiculously bad. Can it really be that poor? Only 2 out of 130?!??? That's pretty horrendous.

6% is the stats for students who graduated last year. More people got jobs as the summer wore on obviously but they had to do it through their own networks. Job placement has not improved since I last posted as well :) though I did get a couple of interviews through campus. It should be noted that it is 2 / 75 people who have gotten employed this year as the rest of the class are planing to go back to their home country anyway.

Priya, business school wise Purdue is a LOT better than UIUC in terms of reputation. However it is a very new program and the employment stats seem sketchy . It seems very similar to the program in Uiuc. I don't think you can go wrong with Purdue, however please ask students who are in Purdue to comment on it. You can get this info from the admissions office.
Intern
Intern
Schools:LBS (MiF FT 2011 - admit)
 Q49  V40
Send PM
Hey All,

I have been admitted into the London Business School's Master in Finance course (FT) beginning this August.
Profile:
GMAT - 720,
Work ex - 5 years (investment research)
Would be happy to field any questions you might have.
Looking forward to connect with people joining such courses at other schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey all,

pretty intresting admits,have any of u'l heard back from MIT yet..?
I got into the Simon MFIN, they're pretty well rounded..and read about their revamped career mgmt center..
any thoughts on Simon..?

thanks guys
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

New to the forum. I got accepted to Boston College and was wondering how reputational/valuable their MSF program is. Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey mbayear1,

first of all congrats on ur admit..!! their finance program is pretty reputed..they're in the vandy, nova league..
pretty comprehensive curriculam..u'd better check up on their placement stats though..i actually thot of applying there too but put in my appl to boston university instead..
did u get any aid..?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Aj666,

Thanks for the reply. I did get a scholarship, which is about 50% of tuition. I was also accepted to an MBA program at a top 10 school and am debating whether it is worth to do an MBA at this stage or to wait and until MSF completion and then work for a little while.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
well i was in a similar situation..but decided on a msf.. decided to specialize.. but then again if u got into a top 10 mba program.. u should really weight it out.. which one did u get into..?? if ur plannin to switch careers.. i suggest u switch early..so that u'd have more time to grow in the industry..i know people who have done their mba's and then decided on a masters..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got into Ross with a little scholarship... I do want to switch career and go into general management/consulting and Ross is a pretty good school for that, but since I am only 22 I was thinking it might be better to wait and do MSF... Which ones did you have to choose between?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts