Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:57 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:HEC JAN'2011
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: HEC Paris - Sep 2010 intake [#permalink]
dear gunsnroses there where three in my account and four in my wifes it seems like that the ones you are eligible to apply to show in your account i have no idea if this is for all or it goes case by case and your case should be next in round for consideration.

i sent some emails to the bank contacts in HEC site and got basicaly negative replies. i had asked them if with a guarantee from a local bank i could get a loan from their bank in france. one replied that there are some organizations that are willing to cosing in france for internationals provided there is a guarantee in applicants locale and that HEC should know this organizations so i should refer to them. i sent an email today to HEC to ask for this, but i believe that this is a really hectic time for them so they havent replied yet.

if anyone has any other info on how to go through with this please share.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
In my case there were also 4 scholarships I could apply to. The options available are different depending on a series of factors, mainly upon country of origin.

I assumed that the banks which allegedly have preferential agreements with HEC students would be more likely to offer a loan for our MBA at HEC. But from what I am reading here it does not look that easy at all....

Any news, please share!

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got the mail too (check your spam folder!) but there is no change on etheryl for me, so definitely have to finance everything myself...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
Hi fellow HEC Paris admits,
Scholarships have been a hot potato for some days in this thread. I am seeing some non-zero figure for the HEC Honors (moral-obligation based loan), but for the rest of the scholarships, the number remains at a solid zero. But I have no idea, if they have already evaluated my applications for the other scholarships and decided not to award anything, or the evaluation is still ongoing.

Are we supposed to receive an email, notifying that at some point the evaluation for all scholarships has been finalized, or something similar?

Thanks & best of luck to you all.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
almostfamous wrote:
Hi fellow HEC Paris admits,
Scholarships have been a hot potato for some days in this thread. I am seeing some non-zero figure for the HEC Honors (moral-obligation based loan), but for the rest of the scholarships, the number remains at a solid zero. But I have no idea, if they have already evaluated my applications for the other scholarships and decided not to award anything, or the evaluation is still ongoing.

Are we supposed to receive an email, notifying that at some point the evaluation for all scholarships has been finalized, or something similar?

Thanks & best of luck to you all.

u are supposed to get a mail...mine was in spam folder......
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi everyone...

has anyone got the acceptance letter from HEC( Physical form)........i haven't got any yet...just wondering how much time does it takes to arrive.......
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, Just wanted to check for Jan 2011 intake
I just finished my interview round a couple of days back.
How soon do they let you know the status? as in if you have got thru or not?

The interview decision date is 8th July. But the wait is just too much!

thanks!
B
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HEC Paris
Send PM
so, i just finished my first interview. it went very well, BUT i didn't do my presentation. He didn't mention it. I thought he would get to it at the end, but he was in a hurry to leave after the hour and 15 min conversation we had. Is this really bad?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
my acceptance letter came today. i guess the post is a bit slow. you don't really really need it for the moment unless u have to use it for a loan or for a student visa. don't you worry it will get there.

does anyone have any feedback about financing the mba. did anyone try to get a loan in france with international guarantee? bnp bank offers this but they need a letter of guarantee from a local bank and given that they accept to cooperate with this bank, firstly you have to secure that the bank WILL issue such a guarantee. usually they ask for the money they will loan you as a deposit, so in this case there is no point.
anyone has any idea on that?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone heard from HEC for the R2?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
isn't tomorrow the big day?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:Duke (EA), Kellogg (R1), Ross (R2), McComb (R2)
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.72
WE 1: ~4 Yrs Marketing (Product Magt)
WE 2: 1 Yr Product Dev
Send PM
accepted :) Jan 2011
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i feel like the only person HEC has ever waitlisted. :cry:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ok, this is going to seem where, but what specific day do classes start for sept 2010? what day would you need to be in france? and how long does it take to get a visa and everything ready if you are coming from the US?
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Kudos
pemberly wrote:
ok, this is going to seem where, but what specific day do classes start for sept 2010? what day would you need to be in france? and how long does it take to get a visa and everything ready if you are coming from the US?

Hi, pemberly.

It takes a couple of weeks to get the visa, assuming that both sides are fast about it. I'm currently going through the process right now and, as I understand it, you first apply for the application, set up a date to officially apply, apply in person, and then wait for the visa. I believe that classes formally commence on September 9th. HEC advises future students to come at least a few days prior to this.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bmillan01 wrote:
pemberly wrote:

Hi, pemberly.

It takes a couple of weeks to get the visa, assuming that both sides are fast about it. I'm currently going through the process right now and, as I understand it, you first apply for the application, set up a date to officially apply, apply in person, and then wait for the visa. I believe that classes formally commence on September 9th. HEC advises future students to come at least a few days prior to this.

Hope that helps!

bmillan01, the reason i am asking is because....... i will be joining you at HEC in 2 months! Right after I received my waitlist email, I got in contact with the admissions office. They said they really do want me, but the Jan intake is so small. They gave me the option to get admitted right away to the September 2010 or 2011 intake.

So right now I am just awaiting my official packet. And then, off to get my visa!

I have to say, the HEC admissions team is just so nice. And they get back to you phenomenally fast!
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
That awesome, pemberly! I look forward to meeting you in September. You're definitely right that the HEC staff is nice, patient, and fast.

But you need to start the visa process now, as it takes some time. Find out which French consulate corresponds to your area and read about the visa process. Next, register and begin your application for the application (yes, you read that correctly) on CampusFrance.

Good luck! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts