Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 08:30 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 08:30
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: NYU Stern-Langone Fall 2010 [#permalink]
Hey has anyone reached out to NYU to ask about why the "New Student Directory" is still showing as blank after 1 week of being available?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
beebu wrote:
carbon wrote:
Ok, so... STILL no response from Ad Comm... they sent me an email 2 weeks ago stating that they were pushing their notification deadline back to the end of last week, but they missed that deadline one as well.

This is incredibly frustrating/nerve racking! To top it all off, I'm worried that if I send an email pressing them they'll just shoot back a rejection and be done with it. This is totally rude and unfair. After reading about all of the pre-term stuff you guys have to do, it just stresses me out even more that I'll have to cram the Kroll, quant assessment, financial aid, and registration into a couple of weeks if I'm accepted. Fortunately, if it does come down to that, I can use your posts to be more efficient about it - thanks!

Anyone else here in this situation? Just to clarify, I haven't received any decision whatsoever. :?

Carbon - one way to contact them would reminding them of any further accomplishments/updates at work over the last two - three months that you did not mention in the application. Sterngirl had luck doing that ot atleast that is how her admission coincided with.

Thanks. Actually, I did that already (based on her advice)... 2 weeks ago. They responded with "Thank you, we will inform the Admissions Committee of your update" and not a word since. I'm assuming that's a good sign (relatively speaking), since I haven't been officially wait listed. Ha, who knows, I could be in the running for the very last spot in the class.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about this, but it's starting to interfere in my work performance... since I need to set Q4 targets for myself and my employees - but I'll need to realign them if I have classes this Fall. It's a trickle-down effect, Stern missed their deadline, so I'm missing my deadline, and my employees are missing their deadlines. Too bad we can't hold the Ad Comm to the same very high standards they have for us. And I don't want to officially complain, because it may adversely effect my status (even if they say it won't) - heck, I'm worried about even asking for advice on the matter on this board. BUT, if this is happening to others as well, I want them to know they're not alone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sorry Carbon, I misread your original post. I thought you just had not completed Kroll yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
TtotheP wrote:
Hey has anyone reached out to NYU to ask about why the "New Student Directory" is still showing as blank after 1 week of being available?

Yes - I did. They said it would be live this week.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
carbon wrote:
beebu wrote:
carbon wrote:
Ok, so... STILL no response from Ad Comm... they sent me an email 2 weeks ago stating that they were pushing their notification deadline back to the end of last week, but they missed that deadline one as well.

This is incredibly frustrating/nerve racking! To top it all off, I'm worried that if I send an email pressing them they'll just shoot back a rejection and be done with it. This is totally rude and unfair. After reading about all of the pre-term stuff you guys have to do, it just stresses me out even more that I'll have to cram the Kroll, quant assessment, financial aid, and registration into a couple of weeks if I'm accepted. Fortunately, if it does come down to that, I can use your posts to be more efficient about it - thanks!

Anyone else here in this situation? Just to clarify, I haven't received any decision whatsoever. :?

Carbon - one way to contact them would reminding them of any further accomplishments/updates at work over the last two - three months that you did not mention in the application. Sterngirl had luck doing that ot atleast that is how her admission coincided with.

Thanks. Actually, I did that already (based on her advice)... 2 weeks ago. They responded with "Thank you, we will inform the Admissions Committee of your update" and not a word since. I'm assuming that's a good sign (relatively speaking), since I haven't been officially wait listed. Ha, who knows, I could be in the running for the very last spot in the class.

I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about this, but it's starting to interfere in my work performance... since I need to set Q4 targets for myself and my employees - but I'll need to realign them if I have classes this Fall. It's a trickle-down effect, Stern missed their deadline, so I'm missing my deadline, and my employees are missing their deadlines. Too bad we can't hold the Ad Comm to the same very high standards they have for us. And I don't want to officially complain, because it may adversely effect my status (even if they say it won't) - heck, I'm worried about even asking for advice on the matter on this board. BUT, if this is happening to others as well, I want them to know they're not alone.

WOW, ok... so I guess the Ad Comm reads this thread. Either that or this is a very strange coincidence. About 20 min after my post I received an email confirming that I've been officially Wait Listed. I'm not saying there's a direct connection, but it's awfully interesting that I complain on a public forum and they bump me to the wait list. Heck, I'm sure it wouldn't have been too hard for them to figure out who I am. Now I guess I'm on indefinite hold and I have no right to complain. This sucks!

(sorry if I sound like a conspiracy theorist :? )
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:NYU Stern
Send PM
Hi who knows what would happen if I missed 8/10 deadline?

My company said they mailed the check to NYU last week but I called today and NYU has not received the money yet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I think I've done everything but get the ID card. Do you need to do that by August 10th? How do you get it? I sent my picture in with my class registration so I'm guessing that they can make the ID card now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
indiglo789 wrote:
I think I've done everything but get the ID card. Do you need to do that by August 10th? How do you get it? I sent my picture in with my class registration so I'm guessing that they can make the ID card now?

Nope - unrelated - they require you go to the NYU ID office... which is only open at inconvenient hours for us who have jobs :) ... there they take a picture for your ID card (separate from the one you submitted during registration).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TtotheP wrote:
indiglo789 wrote:

Nope - unrelated - they require you go to the NYU ID office... which is only open at inconvenient hours for us who have jobs :) ... there they take a picture for your ID card (separate from the one you submitted during registration).

Phew! :) Fortunately I work right near NYU. There is so much involved with registration that I'm so scared of missing one thing!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think getting my NYU ID will be the biggest waste of a vacation day. I live between Trenton and Princeton, and need to go to NYU just for this ID.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
drsparnum wrote:
I think getting my NYU ID will be the biggest waste of a vacation day. I live between Trenton and Princeton, and need to go to NYU just for this ID.

drsparnum,
when I had called and checked sometime back, NYU told me that for weekenders the ID will be distributed during the orientation. Could you check too and let's know as well?

Btw NYU has been pretty good following up the Kroll issues I have had and explaining the situation etc. So far so good.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Guys
We can get the ID card during preterm..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good tip! Wish I had known / asked that. :)

amittilak wrote:
Guys
We can get the ID card during preterm..

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good to hear am2010, both about Kroll and about the IDs!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Stern Part-time
Send PM
Finally got the email that I passed the background check - phew! Best of luck to all on the waitlist and anyone still in the midst of the admission process. See you all at pre term!

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: New York Cares Team Leader Volunteer
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Finance, HR
Schools:Stern, Zicklin, Fordham
GPA: 3.2
WE 1: 2 years @ Insurance
Send PM
I feel like you have to go through the admissions process twice. First get the admissions letter, then get the letter saying that you've passed the background check. I'm almost getting nervous waiting for that second letter though I got confirmation from someone at Kroll that everything was complete.

NYU get it together!

Is anyone here going to the Happy Hour? I wanna make sure I can put a face to the forum name/comments.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
arruhbee wrote:
I feel like you have to go through the admissions process twice. First get the admissions letter, then get the letter saying that you've passed the background check. I'm almost getting nervous waiting for that second letter though I got confirmation from someone at Kroll that everything was complete.

NYU get it together!

Is anyone here going to the Happy Hour? I wanna make sure I can put a face to the forum name/comments.

arruhbee: I will be at the Happy hour. When did you start your Kroll process? Just trying to figure out avg. time for Kroll to process applications.

Thanks,
Hardik
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29  ...  31