Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:36 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, IB, Finance
Schools:Kellogg, Booth
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management
Schools:UCLA (Applied), ROss (Applied), UNC (Waitlisted), Emory (Waitlisted). mcCombs (Waitlisted), kellogg (Interviewed), Haas (Ding)
GMAT 2: 650 GMAT 3: 730
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Kellogg, Ross: R1, Insead, ISB R2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know what format (font, spacing, document type etc) the essays have to be in? The only instruction I found in the application was for a 1 inch margin at the top of the page.

Thanks in advance,
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Kudos
thedarklard wrote:
This question is for the current students and alums.

Could you throw some light on 'Kellogg Mentors' club for mentoring undergrad business schools? Is it currently functioning? I do not see any activities for the last one year. I talked with a current student and even he believes that this group is defunct. Could riverripper or someone provide some background info please?

I don't think there's much, if anything, going on with that club. I remember last year the undergrad career office asked Kellogg students to sign up to be mentors to undergrad students, but I don't think there was any interest on the part of the undergrads. There's also an inner city mentoring club, which is active, that pairs up Kellogg students as mentors for kids in a school downtown.
Current Student
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
thedarklard wrote:
This question is for the current students and alums.

Could you throw some light on 'Kellogg Mentors' club for mentoring undergrad business schools? Is it currently functioning? I do not see any activities for the last one year. I talked with a current student and even he believes that this group is defunct. Could riverripper or someone provide some background info please?

I don't think there's much, if anything, going on with that club. I remember last year the undergrad career office asked Kellogg students to sign up to be mentors to undergrad students, but I don't think there was any interest on the part of the undergrads. There's also an inner city mentoring club, which is active, that pairs up Kellogg students as mentors for kids in a school downtown.

Thats what I expected too. I have already made contact with Inner City mentoring club, and have got the information I was looking for.

Thanks a bunch Jerz!!! Really appreciate it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Jerz, is there any disadvantage submitting Part 2 apps to Kellogg for R2 and not R1? I already submitted my Part 1 app for R1. I may need extra time to make sure my essays are good as they can be.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 244 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas
 Q41  V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
The top part of the recommendation letter form has a place for you to waive your rights and sign etc. Do I need to sign this and give the to my recommender for them to fill out the rest and actually upload this exact form? Or do they type in their answers after they receive the link from the school?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools:Booth class of 2013
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 6 yrs product development (tech)
Send PM
Kudos
LEtranger wrote:
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but does anyone know what format (font, spacing, document type etc) the essays have to be in? The only instruction I found in the application was for a 1 inch margin at the top of the page.

Thanks in advance,

Hmm ... I hadn't thought about this yet. I think I'll stick to the following format though
Document type: PDF
Margin: 1 inch all around
Font/size: Times New Roman, size 11
Spacing: Not sure yet
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Michmax3 wrote:
The top part of the recommendation letter form has a place for you to waive your rights and sign etc. Do I need to sign this and give the to my recommender for them to fill out the rest and actually upload this exact form? Or do they type in their answers after they receive the link from the school?

For Kellogg, the recommenders upload their recommendation as a Word document or PDF. For all of the schools, your recommenders will receive an email with a link to the recommendation page.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
gkumar wrote:
Jerz, is there any disadvantage submitting Part 2 apps to Kellogg for R2 and not R1? I already submitted my Part 1 app for R1. I may need extra time to make sure my essays are good as they can be.

I don't think so. I think it just means your application would be considered in round 2 (since it would be incomplete at the round 1 deadline). You should probably double check with admissions though whether you'd have to re-submit part 1 in round 2 or if it just rolls over from round 1 to round 2.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
I just want to confirm with you guys that Kellog's letter of recommendation forms are to be mailed in to the school correct? NO online submissions? That's what it looked like when I took a look at the app the other night...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Send PM
Kellogg requires online submission of recommendations.

https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Pro ... mmendation
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Entreprenuership,non-profit and marketing
Schools:Staford(R2),Kellogg(R2),Columbia(R2)
GMAT 2: 700  Q50  V35
Send PM
Hello evry1..

I have small query.. In Part I Kellogg asks for both Official Human Resources title and Current position.

What is the difference between both ? :?:

Need it Urgently... PLZ :?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Cleantech
Schools:Sloan R1, McCombs R1, Ross R1 (w/int), Haas R2, Kellogg R2
WE 1: Product Engineering/Manufacturing
Send PM
Ashish369 wrote:
Hello evry1..

I have small query.. In Part I Kellogg asks for both Official Human Resources title and Current position.

What is the difference between both ? :?:

Need it Urgently... PLZ :?

I would ask your HR department. Sometimes people get promoted or change duties without it officially being documented in the HR system. Sometimes your current position title can be more descriptive than your official HR title, also.
Current Student
Send PM
A quick question. Do we need to send official GMAT score for part 1 application, or just a self-reported score will do? If self-reported scores are enough for part 1, when is the apt time to request official scores to be sent to kellogg?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
I just submitted Part 1 and will wait to visit before I submit Part 2 (essays done). Off to the races!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
I just submitted Part 1 and will wait to visit before I submit Part 2 (essays done). Off to the races!

Nice! Congrats on finishing the essays way ahead of schedule.

Quick question - how much time are you spending on these essays? Not sure if I'm spending too much time, or not enough. I think I'm averaging about 16+ hours on each.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
RogerDodger wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

Quick question - how much time are you spending on these essays? Not sure if I'm spending too much time, or not enough. I think I'm averaging about 16+ hours on each.

16+ hours per essay or per school ?
16 hours spent on an essay seems like a lot.. i guess i have spent 2 hours per essay right now and probably will put in another 2 hours..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Cleantech
Schools:Sloan R1, McCombs R1, Ross R1 (w/int), Haas R2, Kellogg R2
WE 1: Product Engineering/Manufacturing
Send PM
RogerDodger wrote:
MBAgirl2010 wrote:

For actual writing, I think there's a good chance I'll spend close to 16 hours on each, (I'm waiting until R2). If you consider all the research and brainstorming, it's probably more.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  179   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts