Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 19:38 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 19:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:INSEAD- D '11 Class
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General
Schools:INSEAD - waitlisted
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: INSEAD - Dec '11 waitlist [#permalink]
Hi JZHANG2008, could you please post a total number of admits from MBA connect?

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone

I am w/lister from R2. Have any of you sent the admission team your update and any response from them? I've sent my updated CV and got a response email thanking me for my patience and they will contact me immediately once there's an available seat.

I'm just drifting with many thoughts now. If the result comes out so close to the school start date, will there be enough time for the visa application and other preparation eg looking for accommodation? Any thoughts? When should be the time I tell myself to quit from the waitlist and reapply??
Send PM
Hi, rjeans. There are 417 registered user on mba connect. I think someone mentioned earlier that the deadline for deposit for R2 candidates is the end of September so there may some movement this week. Hang in there.

Coolsling- The question of when you should pull out of being on the WL to reapply again is very personal. I think the best way to prepare right now is to first figure out your financing. And in terms of getting your visa, it really depends on your nationality. I am going to get my visa in November. I think you still have plenty of time, so hang in there. I've been there and it was not easy. Perhaps the best remedy of being wait-listed is to think of other options. If you read the earlier discussions on this thread, many of us were beginning to explore the options of not being admitted. So prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Hang in there everyone.

JZ
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JZHANG2008 wrote:
Hi, rjeans. There are 417 registered user on mba connect. I think someone mentioned earlier that the deadline for deposit for R2 candidates is the end of September so there may some movement this week. Hang in there.

Coolsling- The question of when you should pull out of being on the WL to reapply again is very personal. I think the best way to prepare right now is to first figure out your financing. And in terms of getting your visa, it really depends on your nationality. I am going to get my visa in November. I think you still have plenty of time, so hang in there. I've been there and it was not easy. Perhaps the best remedy of being wait-listed is to think of other options. If you read the earlier discussions on this thread, many of us were beginning to explore the options of not being admitted. So prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Hang in there everyone.

JZ

Thank you, JZHANG2008!
Yes, the R2 deposit deadline is this Friday, so I am hoping the waitlist will start moving in the next week or two.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
posting on this thread after a long time, I am one of those still hanging in there since R1 :-)
Guess this is the last mile, in or out!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Schools:<strong>INSEAD (Starting Jan 2011)</strong>
 Q48  V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
hsourabh wrote:
posting on this thread after a long time, I am one of those still hanging in there since R1 :-)

Good luck! Make sure you've given your updates to your coordinator if you have any. Tips on updates - when you give an update, tie the update in to why you'll be a better candidate with the update. I've put my updates in, we'll see if they've had any effect. FYI, I'll probably be cutting the cord within the next two weeks and focusing on applications for Sept 2011 for other schools, and still haven't decided whether I'll be trying for INSEAD again.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HankScorpio wrote:
hsourabh wrote:

Good luck! Make sure you've given your updates to your coordinator if you have any. Tips on updates - when you give an update, tie the update in to why you'll be a better candidate with the update. I've put my updates in, we'll see if they've had any effect. FYI, I'll probably be cutting the cord within the next two weeks and focusing on applications for Sept 2011 for other schools, and still haven't decided whether I'll be trying for INSEAD again.

Cheers!

Thanks HankScorpio for the note! You're always an inspiration :)
Good Luck!
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
hsourabh wrote:
Thanks HankScorpio for the note! You're always an inspiration :)
Good Luck!

Thanks!

By the way, for those who sent in updates to your file, make sure you have a confirmation from your coordinator that updates got posted to your file. I sent my updates in last week to GS, but I didn't receive a confirmation so I sent a follow-up note yesterday. I got a reply from a different coordinator (AMB) indicating my email wasn't acted on and I also saw a "FW" in the subject line, which leads me to believe GS is no longer my coordinator. The upside is that AMB sent a reply late yesterday Paris time saying she'd follow up today, and I received a reply today 11am Paris time saying the updates were posted. Good to know that she has such attention to detail and respects the fact that my earlier update got missed somehow and acted quickly.

And now off to distracting myself in other ways. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JZhang or the other admits: Can you share the current number of students on MBA connect. Has there been any changes after the lapse of the R2 payment deadline? Can you also provide the number of Indian admits also.

Thanks in advance
Send PM
The current number of accepted students on mba connect is 416.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

Still anxiously waiting for some WL moves...
It seems that the R1 WL calls happened long after the R1 deposit deadline (about 25th july vs. 25th june) so I really don't know if we should expect anything very soon... Any input?
JZHANG, thanks a lot for all the valuable info you provide, could you please tell us about the number of Indians,Americans and French (as they seem to be the most at risk!!) in the admits list?

Cheers
Current Student
 Q48  V38
Send PM
BrianBoru wrote:
It seems that the R1 WL calls happened long after the R1 deposit deadline (about 25th july vs. 25th june) so I really don't know if we should expect anything very soon... Any input?

First, a disclaimer. This is all pure speculation, I am not an admissions consultant nor possess any knowledge beyond that of other applicants. And now to the speculation:

I'll use two terms in my comment below - "slam dunk" candidates are candidates that have the closer to perfect profile for INSEAD, whatever that means. "good enough" are those that INSEAD would admit but couldn't because there were too many "slam dunks" of a certain type (e.g. Indian IT senior director at Tata Consulting Services, vs Indian IT supervisor who works at a software development outsourcer). The "good enoughs" will be your typical waitlister and waitlister-to-be.

Scenario 1

Round 3 final decision deadline is Oct 15th. Presumably, most of the R3 final decisions have been made or will get made this week. It's likely that the "slam dunk" R3 slots have been figured out for the most part and there are two possible paths - either the adcom fills the "good enough" slots that are still left with R3 applicants or waitlisters. I'm not sure where I would place my money, but if it's the latter, then that move should happen this week, with a request to confirm almost immediately so they can offer those same slots to R3 applicants if the waitlisters decline.

After that, it's the final trickle of people pulling out between Nov 15th (approx R3 deposit deadline), ~Dec 10th (60% payment due) and Jan 7(last week before class starts).

Scenario 2

The other possible scenario is to pool the "good enough" candidates from R3 together with R1 and R2 on to the waitlist. Then after Oct 15th, perform a final assessment of all "good enough" profiles together, including any profile updates (rescore the profiles and relative rank within each category of diversity), and send out the last batch of offers before the final trickle.

Any which way, this is all speculation, and in my opinion we should not expect much movement at all. If you include the R3 decisions that have already been made but have not been notified yet, we're probably close to 90-95% decided on the class. If there were many people in R3 that were "good enoughs" that the adcom was going to offer a spot to, they might as well have moved people off the waitlist instead of going through the time, expense, and effort to arrange interviews. That's assuming they adhere to the principle that they don't put people on the waitlist unnecessarily.

If you continue to stay on the waitlist, you should consider whether your chances are better on the waitlist or applying in R2 J12. Consider the competition that INSEAD has for top talent vs US schools and LBS for the September round - your "good enough" profile might be a "slam dunk" for J12, especially now that you have that extra promotion and a fifth language. Also, consider whether you think people similar to you would abandon their spot at INSEAD for whatever reason this year (e.g. got a great assignment at work or getting a promotion, child on the way, etc). As JZhang says, it's a personal decision. If you don't plan on applying to J12@INSEAD, then by all means stay on the WL since it doesn't hurt to wait until the last minute in case someone with a similar profile drops due to not being able to pay the €31,000 of tuition at the beginning of December.

Good luck to you all. Cheers!
Send PM
How's everyone doing? I hope you are all handling the stress well.

The current total number of admits is 414. There are 35 Americans, 46 Indians and 37 French.

So it's a good sign that the number of admits is going down. Hank - I am waiting to hear good news from you. Good luck everyone.

JZ
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So we've now 11% representation from India, which looks to be on a higher side considering INSEAD prefers a 'mix' of nationalities.
I second HankScorpio's thoughts that it may not be worth waiting till the end.
Well I also had an interview today with IE business school, Madrid..went pretty well. If you guys have any recommendations abt it, would be great if you can share..
Cheers & ATB!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools:LBS (dinged), INSEAD (Jan.2011)
Send PM
Just some new stats... The number of admitts in MBAconnect went down to 406...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can someone please provide the current number of Canadian and German admits? Thank you.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:INSEAD
 Q48  V42
Send PM
sanslimites wrote:
Can someone please provide the current number of Canadian and German admits? Thank you.

Posted from my mobile device

Total down to 404.

35 Canadians
20 Germans
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13