Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 14:08 It is currently 23 May 2024, 14:08
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 3.4 Ivy
WE 1: 3 years for major bank
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink]
From the BW forum, there are a few stats (we'd have more if someone didn't tell the don't-post-very-oftens [most under 10 posts] that they have to go back, access a spreadsheet and update from there... hint: don't do that, please. Your over zealous spam protection keeps us from getting information).

Anyway, these were the stats:

1. 26 female Ivy undergrad (H/Y/P), 3.9 GPA, 760 GMAT, 2 years consulting M/B/B, 2 years P.E. at top firm. Decent extracurriculars and international charity work.

2. 770, 3.8. ivy, GS/MS, megafund PE, lots of leadership in college.

3. .2 years at top consultancy (McK/BCG), 770, 3.8 GPA from a top public school, minority

EXTREMELY limited sample size, but maybe we can read some into the first batch of interviews... These guys are, even more than your average harvard student, rock stars. Pedigree undergrad and employment, huge GMAT scores, big GPAs, and sounds like decent other factors.

Of course, three is far too few to make a real conclusion, and these may well be the majority of people who get into Harvard (though all GMAT scores are above their average, so one would suspect not exactly). But just for funsies.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
those are rock stars. where are the normal people? oh, wait, maybe there are none.

also, i'm in for round 1. no interview invite yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Wharton, Columbia, Sloan
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who received an interview invite today!! My countdown was specifically for you guys!! All the best! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Jeanette wrote:
From the BW forum, there are a few stats (we'd have more if someone didn't tell the don't-post-very-oftens [most under 10 posts] that they have to go back, access a spreadsheet and update from there... hint: don't do that, please. Your over zealous spam protection keeps us from getting information).

1. 26 female Ivy undergrad (H/Y/P), 3.9 GPA, 760 GMAT, 2 years consulting M/B/B, 2 years P.E. at top firm. Decent extracurriculars and international charity work.

3. .2 years at top consultancy (McK/BCG), 770, 3.8 GPA from a top public school, minority

EXTREMELY limited sample size, but maybe we can read some into the first batch of interviews... These guys are, even more than your average harvard student, rock stars. Pedigree undergrad and employment, huge GMAT scores, big GPAs, and sounds like decent other factors.

Of course, three is far too few to make a real conclusion, and these may well be the majority of people who get into Harvard (though all GMAT scores are above their average, so one would suspect not exactly). But just for funsies.

It's not for spam protection, I just didn't think it was healthy to fixate on the GMAT/GPA breakdown of those that got interviews today as I didn't think anybody could really glean anything from it. Maybe you have identified some trends so I'll retract what I said.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: PE
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
my hubby just got R1 interview as well... 770 GMAT, 3.8 GPA, top public school, bulge bracket IB 3 yrs + bulge bracket PE 2 yr. I'm sad that I haven't gotten my interview yet... the only difference between my credential and his was the GMAT score, I got 720 instead. Think GMAT / GPA score def matters on when they send out the interviews.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
nikizaza wrote:
my hubby just got R1 interview as well... 770 GMAT, 3.8 GPA, top public school, bulge bracket IB 3 yrs + bulge bracket PE 2 yr. I'm sad that I haven't gotten my interview yet... the only difference between my credential and his was the GMAT score, I got 720 instead. Think GMAT / GPA score def matters on when they send out the interviews.

Differences: essays, work experience, recommenders, possibly extracurriculars, and even nationality and gender.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3474 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Haha, the spreadsheet was not for spam protection. The main intent was to have a one stop statistics spreadsheet. Guess that didn't work. Don't be haterz, zomg! :P

And congrats guys!!!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Jeanette wrote:

So I'm one of those lurkers who has less than 5 posts here. I was actually more active on BeatTheGMAT forums before I found this site which I love. Businessweek forums are fun to check out but the community isn't as friendly so I don't post there. Spam isn't the reason I didn't post. Heck I posted on the profile thread here at gmatclub. It's tough to maintain 5 updates (one for each school) on two forums. Applying to b-school is hard enough! :-D

So, I don't consider myself a rock star by any means and I got an interview invite. I think I'm solid but still a normal guy.

I'm 29, asian-american, gpa 3.67 from a state school, gmat 750, 7+ years working in CPG supply chain management, and I have strong extra curriculars and community service. So I'm older, not Ivy league, no prestigious consulting or i-banking experience, and my work is in industry. I'm not exceptional but I have a story to tell just like all of you. Best of luck everyone.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
well the problem is that I haven't identified any trends. three people isn't remotely close to enough to do that. But if in addition to the three on BW we had gotten six or so to give some general stats and they all bore this theory out (super rock stars today, just regular rock stars later in the window), then we might be able to glean something from it.

Although you do make a good point. None of this really matters. Ultimately all I care about is whether I get an interview or not and whether that leads to admission or not. Knowing about other people's stats isn't helpful in that.

PS. I didn't think the spreadsheet itself was for spam protection at all! I think it's great. I just didn't want people discouraged from posting their stats in thread.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: PE
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
fair enough

Originally posted by nikizaza on 15 Oct 2010, 12:05.
Last edited by nikizaza on 15 Oct 2010, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
HOW MANY INVITES DID HBS SEND OUT TODAY????

I am updating my guesstimate as clients report back w. invites, I have a list of clients whom I expect to get invites, and use that as ruff guide.
I'd say HBS sent out
35-~50pct of all invites today,
not all of the kids I know who got interviews are pure rock stars in terms of stats being quoted above, but they all had rock star elements, and many were pure rock stars, and none was a surprise.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
BeeSkool wrote:
amr090 wrote:
can you guys post what your gmat/gpa was if u got an invite

There is a spreadsheet for that on the first page. Blasting the thread with stats is not helpful.

No one who got the invite posted in the spread sheet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hbsguru wrote:
HOW MANY INVITES DID HBS SEND OUT TODAY????

I am updating my guesstimate as clients report back w. invites, I have a list of clients whom I expect to get invites, and use that as ruff guide.
I'd say HBS sent out
35-~50pct of all invites today,
not all of the kids I know who got interviews are pure rock stars in terms of stats being quoted above, but they all had rock star elements, and many were pure rock stars, and none was a surprise.

How many of your people a year would you say actually surprise you in a good way? Not that you said they had no chance but that their chances weren't good or whatever.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
HOW COME NO CHICAGO HUB INTERVIEWS ROUND ONE, AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN. ?????

mUSTt because they looked over all the apps fr. Mid-West and said, No one any good here, and the 3 kids they liked could come to Boston, the economy could use the stimulus. OR MORE LIKELY, NO ONE AT HBS WANTS TO SPEND 5 DAYS IN CHICAGO LIKE ROUND ONE LAST YEAR --SEE BELOW

Quote:

LAST YEAR ROUND ONE INVITE AND HUB CITIES. LAST YEAR!!!
Warm greetings from Harvard Business School!

After careful consideration of your application materials, we are delighted to inform you that you have been selected for an interview with a member of our MBA Admissions Board. We look forward to the opportunity to get to know you better through our interview process.
We use an online scheduling system to manage our interview process. Since we know that many of our interviewees expect to travel to either our campus in Boston or one of our global hub cities for their interview, we are sending this message in advance so that you are aware of where our Admissions Board members will be traveling and when. We hope this advance notice is helpful to you as you plan for your interview.

We will have interview slots available in the following locations:
Boston (on the HBS campus): Every weekday from November 2-25
Chicago: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
London: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 13, 24, 25
Los Angeles: October 29 and 30
Menlo Park: November 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Mumbai: November 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
New York City: November 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Paris: November 17 and 18
San Francisco: November 5, 6, 7, 8
Shanghai: November 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

You will receive another email from HBS MBA Admissions at noon on Monday, October 19 with a link to our online scheduling system. You will be able to select a specific interview slot at that time. Please note that all of our interview slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. In the past, our interview slots have filled very quickly, so we encourage you to be prompt in selecting your slot.

Telephone interviews may be offered for some international applicants. These slots will also become available at noon on October 19.

Again, we hope this advance notice is helpful to you. Thank you for your interest in Harvard Business School, and we look forward to meeting you soon.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
Kudos
lol maybe HBS feels outgunned by competition from Booth and Kellogg. i kid :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 370 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who got an invite. A little disappointed on my side.

The only thing I like is that the city where I'm located is a new interview location this year (international)

From those who have received interviews, any of you is an international candidate not working in the US?

rid
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS (Admit - Class of 2013)
 Q50  V36 GMAT 2: 750  Q50  V42
WE 1: Strategy Consulting (2 years)
WE 2: Internet Startup (4 years)
Send PM
Does HBS roll out invites on weekends too?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  147   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6939 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts