Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:10 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [6]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS (Admit), Insead (Admit), Wharton (Admit+$), Kellogg (Waitlist), HBS (Ding)
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS (ding), Wharton (invite/ding), MIT (R1), Tuck (Nov), Darden (R2), Columbia (R2)
GPA: 3.65 public university
WE 1: GRE (Q:740 V:370)
WE 2: Career: 3 years in Online Marketing
WE 3: Came to US at the age of 18 from Ukraine
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Wharton, Columbia, Sloan
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Schools:LBS (Admit), Insead (Admit), Wharton (Admit+$), Kellogg (Waitlist), HBS (Ding)
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
it was a 30 min interview and included 2 questions that i asked the adcom
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Consulting, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
mbaaspirant11 wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am sure you did well...and I do wish you good luck

Did they start off with your resume type question?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
goldgoldandgold wrote:
mbaaspirant11 wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am sure you did well...and I do wish you good luck

Nopes. Just the 3 main questions straightaway
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaaspirant11 wrote:
goldgoldandgold wrote:
mbaaspirant11 wrote:

Nopes. Just the 3 main questions straightaway

So that means either the interviewer has looked on your resume and probably didn't have any questions

or

He/She was not interested in knowing your achievements or what motivates you but rather focus on your past behavior. Interesting!
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
@goldgoldandgold, I don't agree with the achievements part as you get a chance to speak about some of your achievements while answering the behavioral questions
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaaspirant11 wrote:
@goldgoldandgold, I don't agree with the achievements part as you get a chance to speak about some of your achievements while answering the behavioral questions

You make a good point.

I am concerned on number of minutes one should speak for each of these questions. Given your experience today - how many minutes on an average did you speak on each of those questions. I understand that adcom asked you follow up specific questions. I don't want to speak speak and speak, but it seems like with the behavioral questions, we do have to speak and speak in detail. Would you tend to agree with this thought?

Thanks for sharing again. It helps us all here
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
haha I didn't keep time. Don't get so worried, just speak speak and speak and let the adcom take care of the rest.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [3]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
mbaaspirant11 wrote:
Done with my interview and as promised I am going to break the trend and share my experience
The process was exactly same as Sandy said it would be.
Type of Interview? hub interview with adcom.
Type of questions? Only 3 behavioral questions - teamwork, disagreement, leadership and then detailed questions based on my answers.
Stressful or serious? Not at all, my interviewer was very polite and friendly
Kept writing all the time? Yes and told me in the beginning itself and he would do so
Could I have done better? Yes. I was prepared with some broad stories but had to answer the detailed questions on the spot and could have done better on that front.

I hope this was helpful and all the best to those yet to interview.

I had my interview on campus yesterday and also met FN and DuckPond (those guys rock). I completely second mbaaspirant11 with her description - my experience was precisely the same. The only thing I would add - we had a brief intro at the beginning of the interview, and naturally a questions session in the end. The interviewer didn't seem to write any information we shared at those points. He mentioned that all he needed to report on were my answers to his 3 questions. The fact that we are invited to interview means that the adcom already likes our background, and reasons we want to be at Wharton. It seems that the interview is intended only to fill in blanks that cannot come across through the rest of the application. Relax and be yourself. If you over-prepare you will seem rehearsed and miss the point of this interview.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
@MBAgirl2010......i am a she, not a he :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
mbaaspirant11 wrote:

Sorry mbaaspirant11. I just corrected my post :)
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V47
Send PM
mbaaspirant11 wrote:

ooooohh I am sorry too and terribly embarrassed for calling you a "dude"!! Lesson learned :oops:
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V41
Send PM
hehe its ok.
@minime2.....dude is used as a unisex term by many people these days as dudette sounds weird and uncool :D so don't be soo embarrassed :)

Originally posted by mbaaspirant11 on 16 Nov 2010, 10:49.
Last edited by mbaaspirant11 on 16 Nov 2010, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V47
Send PM
mbaaspirant11 wrote:
hehe its ok.
@minime2.....dude is used as a unisex term by many people these days so don't be soo embarrassed :)

Well.....then thanks dude? :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thank you very much - MBAgirl2010 and mbaaspirant11!

Haha... it's interesting to see how people on this board are assumed to be guys unless they have a girley username/picture.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy,Finance,Marketing
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
mbaaspirant11 wrote:
Done with my interview and as promised I am going to break the trend and share my experience
Type of questions? Only 3 behavioral questions - teamwork, disagreement, leadership and then detailed questions based on my answers.
Kept writing all the time? Yes and told me in the beginning itself and he would do so
Could I have done better? Yes. I was prepared with some broad stories but had to answer the detailed questions on the spot and could have done better on that front.

I had my interview on campus yesterday and also met FN and DuckPond (those guys rock). I completely second mbaaspirant11 with her description - my experience was precisely the same. The only thing I would add - we had a brief intro at the beginning of the interview, and naturally a questions session in the end. The interviewer didn't seem to write any information we shared at those points. He mentioned that all he needed to report on were my answers to his 3 questions. The fact that we are invited to interview means that the adcom already likes our background, and reasons we want to be at Wharton. It seems that the interview is intended only to fill in blanks that cannot come across through the rest of the application. Relax and be yourself. If you over-prepare you will seem rehearsed and miss the point of this interview.

Thanks so much for this feedback! I will be having my interview Friday on campus and will be more than willing to share my experience for all those folks going next week!
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V47
Send PM
MBAgirl2010 wrote:
mbaaspirant11 wrote:

Hey Did any of you ask for the business card from the adcom? Did you send a thank you note later?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thank guys for sharing! Any chance you could give a little more details on the questions?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47  ...  167   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts