Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 22:09 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 22:09
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance , Banking, Economics
Schools:Waaayyy....in the future - Booth!!
 Q34  V26
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Terry, Georgia Tech
 Q50  V40
GPA: 7.87
WE 1: Working for Wipro Technologies since April 2010
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2135 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
Re: How hard is this exam? [#permalink]
The school Im thinking about requires minimum 80 points.Is that very hard to achive?And when we registered for GMAT we got a GMAT Prep software to practice.When we register for TOEFL, do we get any such practice tool for free as well?If not then what is the best material out there to help me prepare for this test?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2135 [1]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Kudos
msneemo wrote:
The school Im thinking about requires minimum 80 points.Is that very hard to achive?And when we registered for GMAT we got a GMAT Prep software to practice.When we register for TOEFL, do we get any such practice tool for free as well?If not then what is the best material out there to help me prepare for this test?

80 is pretty doable. No 80 is not hard to achieve the average score for the TOEFL is more than 80 points. Find out my post about statistics per nations.

look at ETS's web page and find there TOEFL simulator. It must be there.

Best materials are listed in rid82's post and in feedbacks of other test -takers.
also visit amazon.com.

I like Cambridge prepration it comes with CD 5 or 7 tests https://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Prepara ... 681&sr=8-1

also TOEFL OG https://www.amazon.com/Official-Guide-TO ... 713&sr=8-1
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
Thank you for the suggestions. Actually the biggest mistake I made while preparing for GMAT is to jump right into the exam without having proper planning or even proper materials.So, even if 2 weeks may be enough to prepare for TOEFL , I have decided to take my time, research and gather all the stuff I will need and make a plan and study for a (little) longer time.I have registered to take the exam at the beginning of April.So , this month Id relax and gather stuff and make a plan and I will study the whole month of March.I will definitely check out the books that you recommended ,in the store and judge if it will work for me before buying anything.Because in GMAT I bought a lot of stuff that was not that useful at all!!!
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
I'm finished with the exam!!! Waiting for the results now. Seems to me that it was a very longgggg exam. Personally I thought that the listening section was the easiest. And the speaking section was the hardest.

A surprising thing was that both the listening and reading section was too long. I cant remember the number of passages and lectures that I had to go through , but in both sections it was definitely above 7 times. Is that normal or does that mean something bad?

I'm pretty worried about the speaking section. All 6 times I couldn't finish what I had to say. Does that happen to everyone or did it just happen to me?

Well, not much I can do about it right now. Gonna take a nice vacation before I start my studies and work. Hoping to apply for admission as soon as I get my scores. I have my fingers crossed. I really really REALLY.... don't want to go through this exam again. Please pray for me!!!! :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi! I'm curious about how many point you got in you test :) :shock:
I'm so afraid of taking the test. Everybody says I should do Ok because my English is fine but I didn't go to school in the USA. I can write, speak and understand pretty good. I have being in the country for 7 years and I learned the language on the road. Do you think It will be to hard for someone like me?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Board of Directors
4514 posts