Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:37 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Status:<strong>Go crazy and use every bit of potential.</strong>
Affiliations: Many NGOs!
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: I did not get my life back! [#permalink]
msneemo wrote:
Yes! Its true, many good school accept 500 range score.I think you should definitely research on it and maintain a regular communication with the advisor of the colleges that you are interested in. Infact,some school don't require any GMAT score at all but I wouldn't recommend those schools to you.I'm mentioning about those cause I have seen many people come to US by getting into those school , and later on they try to transfer their credits or try and get into the school of their choice.There are millions of options if you want to go abroad and build a new life.But if your motive is to get into one of the top colleges in the world, then you should hang in there , be patient, and keep trying till you win!!

Thank you msneemo.

I will be patient and keep trying. Thank you for motivating me.
Retired Moderator
Send PM

Update: AWA score - 5

SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
willigetmylifeback wrote:
Thank you bmillan01. For verbal I have studied MGMAT SC, PowerScore CR bible and MGMAT RC guide. RC was always a headache for me. I hardly gets 4-5 questions correct on RC out of 13-14 questions. Accuracy on SC and CR was about 70% I believe. May be all this wasn't enough for the good score. I didn't practiced much on RC.

Okay, then. Now we have a rough idea. First thing to do (after the rest) is to really focus on RC. Try to read about 1000 pages of GMAT fiction. For specifics, though, heavily rely on LSAT passages. These are more challenging and will help you to improve. Use the same time limits as you would for a GMAT question.

For SC preparation, purchase the SC Holy Grail and use that first. After that, move on to the Manhattan SC guide. You already covered this book, but it's important to keep on reading it. As soon as you finish it, read it again. And answer as many SC questions as possible. Become a very active member on the SC forums. Make sure to fully read every explanation, even for the ones you answered correctly.

For CR, read the Powerscore CR Bible one more time and do the same thing as for SC (read explanations, fully answer questions on forums, etc.).

Your AWA is fine, so the main challenge here is to maintain your current level. For quant, stay fresh with the GMATClub tests and maybe Jeff Sackmann's Extreme Challenge set.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
bmillan01 wrote:
Thank you bmillan01. For verbal I have studied MGMAT SC, PowerScore CR bible and MGMAT RC guide. RC was always a headache for me. I hardly gets 4-5 questions correct on RC out of 13-14 questions. Accuracy on SC and CR was about 70% I believe. May be all this wasn't enough for the good score. I didn't practiced much on RC.

Okay, then. Now we have a rough idea. First thing to do (after the rest) is to really focus on RC. Try to read about 1000 pages of GMAT fiction. For specifics, though, heavily rely on LSAT passages. These are more challenging and will help you to improve. Use the same time limits as you would for a GMAT question.

For SC preparation, purchase the SC Holy Grail and use that first. After that, move on to the Manhattan SC guide. You already covered this book, but it's important to keep on reading it. As soon as you finish it, read it again. And answer as many SC questions as possible. Become a very active member on the SC forums. Make sure to fully read every explanation, even for the ones you answered correctly.

For CR, read the Powerscore CR Bible one more time and do the same thing as for SC (read explanations, fully answer questions on forums, etc.).

Your AWA is fine, so the main challenge here is to maintain your current level. For quant, stay fresh with the GMATClub tests and maybe Jeff Sackmann's Extreme Challenge set.

Thank you bmillan01. I have picked some books and have started reading them. I'll follow your advice religiously and will keep everyone update time to time.

Can you please let me know from where I can purchase blank flashcards? I have also planned to keep flashcard this time.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Your username is too long to type, so I'm gonna call you "Willy"
:P

Well, Willy... I reside in India and I had a lot of trouble finding blank cards suitable for making flashcards. In the end, I purchased an A1 size sheet of chart paper and got it cut into smaller cards. However, people in the United States could purchase "Index Cards", from any stationary store, to serve the same purpose...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 115
 Q39  V20
Send PM
Can you please let me know from where I can purchase blank flashcards? I have also planned to keep flashcard this time.

Willigetmylifeback, I had this EXACTLY same question a few weeks back. I had even posted my question here, finally it iwas entwistle who helped me realize that they are actually called index cards.
Are you in the US? If in US, you will get it at any departmental or grocery store : walmart,walgreens, sears, amazon etc.
Trust me, I am currently using this method of flashcards and I find it really useful.
good luck to you.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thank you but I'm also from India! So, I think I won't get these blank flashcards easily. Hence, I will cut A4 side pages and use them as flashcards.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Thank you but I'm also from India! So, I think I won't get these blank flashcards easily. Hence, I will cut A4 side pages and use them as flashcards.

Willy Bhai, don't use normal A4 size paper... I tried that first and realized that normal A4 size papers don't make good flash cards...

I used chart paper instead... Yellow and White colour... Yellow for Quant and White for verbal ;)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37321 posts