Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 15:21 It is currently 08 May 2024, 15:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE:Other (Insurance)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q1 V1
GRE 1: Q167 V166
GPA: 3.44
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Official 2011 Admissions Anxiety Relief Thread [#permalink]
I'd just like to say the following

LKJFELKJHLDNCLJWEYHLZJ (*R(@#$*($&W^(&*P$$YH^YBXKJILU #NQGGKZGHKJHEHR#*(P%Y$$)@$)*@) !KJDHSJ KL:ROY@*($%(*@Y(*U@()!U*)(U#R)(Y*U$(*&(*&U~()*&@((*@#&$%*( :twisted: :evil: :| :| :| :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :|

Thanks, good thread. This will help me feel better for the next 10 minutes.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: International Business, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
I'm right there with you. I'm at the point now where I just want to call up various admissions departments to chat about, you know, stuff.

Maybe I'll ask how the 3-day weekend went.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Wharton Class of 2013
GMAT 2: 720
Send PM
I just want to add the following to this discussion:

How is that someone who is normally happy, passionate, outgoing and bubbly can suddenly turn into a boring, stuttering, drab and monotone person while in those tiny, windowless interview rooms that they put you in for on-campus interviews???? I typically smile a lot when I talk about my work and passions because I enjoy them, but when the interviewer did not smile back I started in a downward spiral of self-doubt....maybe she's not smiling because I'm boring her, maybe she's not smiling because I keep smiling and it makes me look like an idiot, maybe she doesn't like me, maybe.......oh goodness how do I salvage this conversation???? Then what you had practiced with others that amazed them is now suddenly sounding so boring and...oh crap is that a stutter? Did I just blank on an important word that would make me sound intelligent and am forced to use a dumbed-down version that makes me sound like I'm in kindergarden? Did I really just wave my hand like that and my voice get that shrill.......

Sigh! Why are b-school interviews so weird? I've interviewed for jobs before and they were no where close to this level of intensity......
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General
Schools:MIT LGO (Admitted), Harvard (Admitted))
 Q50  V41
Send PM
I stuttered at least 3 times, was blank minded at least twice during my first interview.... lol....I was totally NOT myself!

Originally posted by babyif19 on 25 Feb 2011, 15:48.
Last edited by babyif19 on 25 Feb 2011, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General
Schools:MIT LGO (Admitted), Harvard (Admitted))
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Cannot agree more. During my first interview, I was so nervous and uncertain because of the interviewer's lack of response. My personality totally did not shine through. I don't even think it had anything to do with my confidence level. It is more about the chemistry between you and the person who is going to rate you.

At least I did much better on the interview with the second school.

But the wait is KILLING ME, even with the busy work schedule!!! C'MON March, roll in already!

gtgator03 wrote:
I just want to add the following to this discussion:

How is that someone who is normally happy, passionate, outgoing and bubbly can suddenly turn into a boring, stuttering, drab and monotone person while in those tiny, windowless interview rooms that they put you in for on-campus interviews???? I typically smile a lot when I talk about my work and passions because I enjoy them, but when the interviewer did not smile back I started in a downward spiral of self-doubt....maybe she's not smiling because I'm boring her, maybe she's not smiling because I keep smiling and it makes me look like an idiot, maybe she doesn't like me, maybe.......oh goodness how do I salvage this conversation???? Then what you had practiced with others that amazed them is now suddenly sounding so boring and...oh crap is that a stutter? Did I just blank on an important word that would make me sound intelligent and am forced to use a dumbed-down version that makes me sound like I'm in kindergarden? Did I really just wave my hand like that and my voice get that shrill.......

Sigh! Why are b-school interviews so weird? I've interviewed for jobs before and they were no where close to this level of intensity......
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Pardon my french, but

PPPPHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Yeah, the wait between interview and decision is the hardest thing that no one tells you about.

I am an emotional wreck and I've been looking for things to distract myself from thinking about business school applications. I wonder if it really is all worth it. They put people through a lot of heartache, accept or not.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hang in there guys and girls. You'll find your clarity and confidence again in the next few weeks, regardless of the results. It's easy to temporarily lose yourself when you're completely obsessed with the application process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Ross didn't start the calls yesterday ! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !@@@@
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: International Business, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
***getting close to desperation***

Yes, I know this will be over in a few short weeks. But it feels like an eternity! I think about this this process during at least half of my waking hours (conservative estimate).

Right now for instance, I'm practicing being "okay" if I hear back from the school of my dreams with a ding.
GMAT Club Bot