Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 11:13 It is currently 02 May 2024, 11:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Diary - 3 Months of Intense Studying! [#permalink]
Good luck dude :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 590 Q47 V25
GMAT 2: 560 Q47 V20
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V25
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Good Luck for your preparation Mahtab. Keep checking this study plan and modifying your plan accordingly. Don't look anywhere else :).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for all of the support guys! I appreciate it :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Sorry I haven't been updating the thread! But I do update my blog daily. You can click here to go to my blog So I've decided to spend 60% of my study period on verbal and the remaining 40% on Quant. I think this is a good strategy and will help me learn more efficiently. I have also started reading one RC / day. As for CR, I have started the PowerScore CR Bible. I am hoping to finish in within the next two weeks.

My goal for today:
-Spend no more than 40% of my study period on the Advanced OG Data Sufficiency questions listed in the MGMAT Guide 1.
-Spend the remaining 60% on Powerscore CR Bible.
-Read at least one RC passage today.
-Grasp 10 words from the Vocabulary list.

I'll try to keep this thread updated daily!

I hope this serves as motivation to many of you :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Gluck Mahtab!
Sorry to ask an off-topic question - Can I open a new thread to keep track of my GMAT journey. Is this personal topic accepted? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes indeed it is accepted! Good luck with you too :) I think this motivates us to study further and more in depth!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Forgive my lazyness but I copied and pasted this from Day 8 of my Blog:

I wouldn’t say that yesterday was very productive in terms of how much work I put in towards Verbal. I started off with quant as soon as I got home from work. One positive thing about yesterday was that I only got one question wrong in the MGMAT Number Properties Guide Advanced Data Sufficiency OG listed problems!!! I was very excited from this outcome and decided to concentrate on verbal after a little nap.

I woke up then started redoing the Powerscore CR mini drills (identifying premises, counter premises, conclusions). After I finished the first six questions, I took one too many breaks and started watching t.v, chilling out with the family, etc.

Anyway, here is my goal for today:

Spend 100% time on Verbal
Cover 20 OG vocabulary words
Read at least two passages
Try to get as far as possible with Powerscore CR Bible.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Good luck!!!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Mahtab wrote:
Yes indeed it is accepted! Good luck with you too :) I think this motivates us to study further and more in depth!

Thanks Mahtab! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nowski2 wrote:
Good luck!!!!

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks!!

thuylinh wrote:
Mahtab wrote:

Thanks Mahtab! :-D

No problem :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My apologies for not updating the blog for the past couple of days (work overload). I did progress with verbal though. I thoroughly covered Powerscore CR Bible up to chapter 4. I have 8 chapters left that will cover strategies on tackling the ten types of question stem in CR. Today, I plan on spending some time on MGMAT Guide #2 FDP (Fraction, Decimal Percent).

So here are my goals for today:

-Finish at least two chapters of MGMAT Guide 2: FDP.
-Read RC passages (I have been slacking on this for the past couple of days)
-Try to grasp some words from the vocab list (Again slacking on this one).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Send PM
Good luck keep us posted! :D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks!!! I will try my best to keep you all posted daily!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Here is another update for you guys extracted from my GMAT Prep Blog. I have also posted my error log and verbal preps/notes there for references.

Day 11 & 12:
The weekend was somewhat productive. Friday was my rest day but on Saturday morning, I revisited the Error Log and attempted the questions again just to freshen my memory for FDP (warm –up). I managed to solve all problems except two which I took note of. Anyway, I tried to finish the MGMAT Guide 2 but I called it a night after going through more than half the OG listed data sufficiency questions from the Advanced section. I need to organize all the digital work I have done so far and post them up on the website so bear with me for a bit.

Verbal

In terms of verbal, I opened up Powerscore CR Bible when I was taking a break from Quant questions. I managed to go through most of content of Chapter 4. I need to practice the questions at the end of the chapter tonight.

Day 13:

I got a little busy last night so I couldn’t get to the Quant section. I did however, go through the first 4 chapters of Powerscore CR again. I did this to make sure I remember whatever I had learned previously and indeed for the most part, I did. I thoroughly covered the tactics in Chapter 4 and decided to try the 8 questions at the end of the chapter. I got 4 out of 8 correct in my first attempt. After forgetting the answers to the questions, I attempted the questions again and got 6 or 7 out of 8 correct. I was struggling with the detective question and the Modernism Art question.

As usual, I jotted my mistakes in the Error Log. Feel free to check it out and I think I added a couple of notes in the Verbal Prep document.

Thanks for dropping by!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Day 14 from my GMAT BLOG

Quant

I focussed more on Verbal last night than on Quant. I did manage to finish all of the Official Guide Review Data Sufficiency questions at the end of Chapter 8 for MGMAT Guide 2: Fraction, Decimal, and Percent. Hopefully, I will finally complete the guide by tonight. I am seeing improvements on DS questions for sure, hopefully with more practice, I will master it sooner than later.

Verbal

For verbal, I opened up Powerscore CR again and managed to tackle the Main Point and Weaken the Argument chapter (Chapter 5 & 6). I am almost half way through the book and I am seeing some serious improvements on my critical reasoning skills. This book has been helpful so far and I am getting the questions at the end of each chapter right with an accuracy of about 60-80% as opposed to 40-50% previously.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
For the past few days I have been putting quite a lot of time on Quant...I managed to get up to chapter 9 on MGMAT Guide 3: Equations, Inequalities and VICs. I also got to chapter 8 in Powerscore CR Bible. I want to finish mgmat guide 3 in the next two days.

I hope to finish the quant guides by Day 30. Today is Day 19 of my GMAT Journey. You can follow me on my blog

I have been pretty consistent in terms of studying. I did manage to slack off yesterday because of Donald Trump! I ended up watching few episodes of The Apprentice which lead to a headache but I still fought myself and finished chapter 7 from guide 3!
That's it for today
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys! Day 21 of my GMAT Journey:

Last night, I finished chapters 11, 12, and 13 of MGMAT Guide 3: Equations, Inequalities and VICs. My self confidence was brutalized by chapter 12! Inequalities is one of my weaker points but I did manage to grasp the concepts after putting aside my frustration! I will finish the guide tonight hopefully.

I am also going to start putting more emphasis on CR and RC. I bought the RC99 pdf and SC Grail as a starter that will complement the MGMAT SC Guide! I update my blog every day so I apologize if I cannot keep up with updating this thread as well.

Side note: I implemented advertisements on my site and 100% of the revenue will go toward my charity to build a school in Bangladesh. I am actually investing $7,000 CDN out of my own pocket and hopefully these revenues will add up to a few hundred dollars by the end of the summer. I want to get started on the construction aspect of the school by September so yeah! Just thought I'd put it in there :)

My journey has been so far consistent so thanks for keeping me motivated all!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37343 posts