Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 08:27 It is currently 02 May 2024, 08:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Ask about ISB [#permalink]
Dear Aspirants,

Please go through our latest blog entry on how to make the best use of the prospective ISB community.

https://www.thinkisb.com/blog/2010/06/08 ... community/

ThinkISB

EMAIL: contact@thinkisb.com
PHONE: +91 9010917222 / 9010918222

Read our blog: https://www.thinkisb.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkisb
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thinkisb[/quote]
Send PM
Dear All,

We are happy to be the first to present to you the much awaited placement statistics for the ISB batch of 2010.

https://www.thinkisb.com/blog/2010/06/15 ... s-of-2010/

ThinkISB

EMAIL: contact@thinkisb.com
PHONE: +91 9010917222 / 9010918222

Read our blog: https://www.thinkisb.com/blog
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkisb
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thinkisb
Send PM
Dear Friends,

Please go through our latest blog post about 10 tips for a good B School application.

https://www.thinkisb.com/blog/2010/06/29 ... plication/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management
Schools:UCLA (Applied), ROss (Applied), UNC (Waitlisted), Emory (Waitlisted). mcCombs (Waitlisted), kellogg (Interviewed), Haas (Ding)
GMAT 2: 650 GMAT 3: 730
Send PM
Hi THink ISB,

Thank you for starting this initiative.

I am Indian applicant and am considering applying to ISB. Please find mentioned below some of the doubts I would like to clear before applying to ISB:

1. How good it is for career switcher? ISB does not have an internship in its MBA program. Most of the students look forward to have an internship to facilitate career change. This is true for a majority of US schools and other Indian B schools. How does ISB help one to change career line? Say one working in IT for 5 years, can he enter CPG marketing?

2. How has been the placements in ISB? Due to downward spiral of the economy, all schools including ISB bore the brunt. But what is the real situation like for class 2010? Please be frank. I have read media articles on ISb placement but they generally are on a different wavelength to what passouts speak socially.

3. How strong is ISB in general management? Which companies recruit for GM role?

4. Can ISB provide me opportunities in other SE asian countries as well as Europe in management consulting/GM?

Waiting for your reply,
time4mba
Send PM
time4mba wrote:
Hi THink ISB,

Thank you for starting this initiative.

I am Indian applicant and am considering applying to ISB. Please find mentioned below some of the doubts I would like to clear before applying to ISB:

1. How good it is for career switcher? ISB does not have an internship in its MBA program. Most of the students look forward to have an internship to facilitate career change. This is true for a majority of US schools and other Indian B schools. How does ISB help one to change career line? Say one working in IT for 5 years, can he enter CPG marketing?

2. How has been the placements in ISB? Due to downward spiral of the economy, all schools including ISB bore the brunt. But what is the real situation like for class 2010? Please be frank. I have read media articles on ISb placement but they generally are on a different wavelength to what passouts speak socially.

3. How strong is ISB in general management? Which companies recruit for GM role?

4. Can ISB provide me opportunities in other SE asian countries as well as Europe in management consulting/GM?

Waiting for your reply,
time4mba

Dear time4mba,

Please find the answers to your questions;

Ans: You are very correct here. A 2 year MBA makes much more sense if you have to go a for career switch and have done nothing in your preferred domain. However, ISB has the Experiential learning Programme (ELP), which are real-life projects in companies. But there have been a very few PPOs from them. To get the max out of this 1 year MBA you have to start doing things right now. Get to know more about your target industry and role, take some steps and then later use the ISB network and brand to reach your goal.

Ans: It is true that ISB bore the brunt. The situation was a lot better that what it was for the class of 2009. But within 3 months of graduation all were placed. Again, the problem was not with the capability of ISB in bringing companies. The problem was with profile fits of candidates. There were many who rejected well paying jobs to wait for a right role. Having said all that, the numbers and salary figures were worse compared to what they were during the hay days.

Ans: ISB is very strong in GM. The list is endless. Please go through this: https://www.isb.edu/pgp/RecruitingCompanies.Shtml

Ans: There have been candidates who were placed in the APAC countries and the middle east in the BIG consulting companies, not so much in Europe though. But first, decide what you want to do. Marketing, GM or Consulting. Right now you sound all over the place.
Send PM
Dear All,

Please go through our latest blog post on the Hottest of topics : Why MBA?

https://www.thinkisb.com/blog/2010/07/19/why-mba/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
 Q49  V41
WE 1: 1 Year Research & Development
WE 2: 7.5 Years IT Consultant
Send PM
Hi ThinkISB,

How difficult is for someone from IT Consultancy (8-9 years) to move to Product Development (as product manager) post ISB? Considering that the person would have gained tech and leadership skills, does ISB provide required marketing and sales skills to move on to this role? Does ISB considers this as a big career change and probably a risky one?

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management
Schools:UCLA (Applied), ROss (Applied), UNC (Waitlisted), Emory (Waitlisted). mcCombs (Waitlisted), kellogg (Interviewed), Haas (Ding)
GMAT 2: 650 GMAT 3: 730
Send PM
Hi THink ISB,

Could you please let us know the exact names of firms and how many they hire for leadership development/rotational leadership program at ISB?

Balluraj: I can give my input for your query. but let us hear from ThinkISB.

-Abhishek
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
 Q49  V41
WE 1: 1 Year Research & Development
WE 2: 7.5 Years IT Consultant
Send PM
time4mba wrote:
Hi THink ISB,

Could you please let us know the exact names of firms and how many they hire for leadership development/rotational leadership program at ISB?

Balluraj: I can give my input for your query. but let us hear from ThinkISB.

-Abhishek

If you could, please do so. I posted my query on 27-Oct and there has been no activity on this forum since then. I have sent you a pm too.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Status:Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
Dear thinkISB,

I was wondering if you could give me one statistics regarding number of students passed from/enrolled in ISB from Bangladesh. And, is it true that ISB don't accept any candidate from other South Asian countries?

Sorry if my question is harsh to you.
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Schawjibb wrote:
Dear thinkISB,

I was wondering if you could give me one statistics regarding number of students passed from/enrolled in ISB from Bangladesh. And, is it true that ISB don't accept any candidate from other South Asian countries?

Sorry if my question is harsh to you.

Hi Schawjibb,

Apologies for replying late. As you can see, we have rebranded ourselves as ThinkAdmit and provide admission consulting services for all schools and not just ISB now.

Coming to your question, there is no statistic that we have about any admits from Bangladesh. What you have heard about ISB not accepting students from South Asian countries is not true. I personally know admits from Nepal and Sri Lanka. ISB is a global school and there can be no regional bias in a global B-school.

I would encourage you to apply if your profile is competitive. Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

How difficult is it for one to get into ISB in R2 compared to R1?

I belong to the Indian / IT Male Category and ISB is one of my preferred schools. But I am planning to apply only in R2.

Thanks
TheRedDevil
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:
Hi,

How difficult is it for one to get into ISB in R2 compared to R1?

I belong to the Indian / IT Male Category and ISB is one of my preferred schools. But I am planning to apply only in R2.

Thanks
TheRedDevil

Hi TheRedDevil,

If you feel that you can wait till R2 and prepare a better application, and rushing in R1 would be just settling with a weaker one, I'd suggest you apply in R2. There are no official statistic to prove that it gets more competitive in R2. However, it is a general hearsay that R2 sees more candidates applying than R1.

Assuming the above as true, to beat the crowd, you can apply in R1, but with a substandard application, you'll anyway risk your admission. So apply when you are ready.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
thinkadmit wrote:

Hi TheRedDevil,

If you feel that you can wait till R2 and prepare a better application, and rushing in R1 would be just settling with a weaker one, I'd suggest you apply in R2. There are no official statistic to prove that it gets more competitive in R2. However, it is a general hearsay that R2 sees more candidates applying than R1.

Assuming the above as true, to beat the crowd, you can apply in R1, but with a substandard application, you'll anyway risk your admission. So apply when you are ready.

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

What do you think will be the impact of increase on intake for ISB (200 seats more) considering that the applicant pool will not change much. The acceptance rate may go higher and may make it a bit easier for getting an admit in R2 compared to previous years?

Regards
TheRedDevil
Manager
Manager
Status:Taking heavily leveraged but calculated risks at all times
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT Date: 01-31-2012
Send PM
Hi,
Would you have an idea about how ISB places into bulge bracket front office IB as asscoiates and is it recommended to apply to ISb if someone as a career changer wanting to break into IB NY/London applies to ISB?
Send PM
thereddevil wrote:

What do you think will be the impact of increase on intake for ISB (200 seats more) considering that the applicant pool will not change much. The acceptance rate may go higher and may make it a bit easier for getting an admit in R2 compared to previous years?

Regards
TheRedDevil

Well, am not sure whether it will impact R1 vs R2. Everything is speculative. Assuming the number of applicants stay the same, the %acceptance will increase for sure, spread nearly equally over both rounds.

But since ISB never releases the acceptance rates, do not get bogged down by these numbers. The admission is bound to stay equally competitive, so focus equally well on your app.
GMAT Club Bot