Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 18:59 It is currently 22 May 2024, 18:59
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
This Early action round - is it a rolling process? that is, if I apply now, will I be "called for interview" much before the deadline?? Or will the decision come out only after the deadline?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
FrozenTongue wrote:
This Early action round - is it a rolling process? that is, if I apply now, will I be "called for interview" much before the deadline?? Or will the decision come out only after the deadline?

No, the process is not rolling. You can apply 1-minute before the deadline and be reviewed before someone applying today.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
I recently started attending some Dartmouth alumni events in the bay area (DAASV) and the alumnis have all been great (wife has her undergrad from Dartmouth). Everyone is really down to earth, friendly, very generous, and proud of the the school and student body.

Some of the events the alumni group coordinates are absolutely amazing too! Last weekend my wife and I went to the DAASV event where they booked the USS Hornet for an overnight trip and pong (they claim to have invented it :-D ).

Tuck will definitely be on my list of top schools to apply to.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

I will be attending Tuck this fall (together with Tuck2013, RHB, eestineiu, richmonder, and many others). Happy to hear everybody's interest in Tuck, and GOOD luck in your application! If you have any questions about Tuck, I will be glad to help.

Quick note about myself. I am an international student from South-East Asia, 31 year old at matriculation, and I was admitted to Tuck in the EA round. If you have a similar background, dying to get into Tuck, and have any burrning questions on the application, please feel free to shoot it my way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I was trying to schedule a campus visit and interview in the coming 2 months. But the online system kept saying that no results were found. I tried different search categories but it didn't work. Did anyone have the same problem?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I don't think the scheduling system is live yet. I know the application still isn't online at least.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
khuo wrote:
I was trying to schedule a campus visit and interview in the coming 2 months. But the online system kept saying that no results were found. I tried different search categories but it didn't work. Did anyone have the same problem?

Based on my experience last year, the interview/visit schedule should be up anytime soon. When I was applying last year, I registered on Aug 12 though the system, for interview/visit on Sep 16. I would suggest that you continue monitoring the website for available time slots, while continue to read up and talk to alums for a good understanding of Tuck.

All the Best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
I am in for R1.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GPA: 3.93
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
For all of those researching the school the Tuck admissions blog is a good read: https://tuckschool.blogspot.com/
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
In for early action. After visiting the school for the summer event on 29th July, I'm very much looking forward to apply.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
Send PM
In for early action
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
The online application is now live.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
Send PM
RHB wrote:
I'll also be attending Tuck this September.

I'll also be happy to answer any questions that you have so please feel free to ask them here of pm me for a quicker response.

Right now I'm only qualified to answer questions regarding the application process but once I'm actually attending the school I'll be happy to answer whatever I can.

Just so you know, I applied in the April round, was waitlisted, and then finally accepted in June.

Good luck to everyone who is applying!

RHB

Thank you for all the great advice and information! I am just curious if you have any insight into the self-initiated interviews. Do you have a sense from your fellow classmates as to how many of them went with this option as opposed to the invitations? Is this a good option once you are waitlisted?

Just wanted to get your thoughts!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
Hey Guys,
How are you doing on Tuck essays? I am interested in knowing thoughts of current Tuck students on word count. I just finished my Tuck goal essay and the word count is 790 words.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
app2012 wrote:
Hey Guys,
How are you doing on Tuck essays? I am interested in knowing thoughts of current Tuck students on word count. I just finished my Tuck goal essay and the word count is 790 words.

Hey app2012, I am currently at 750 myself and I feel that it is too high. While Tuck provides no max, I think there are some extremes to that number. Given the recommended length is 500 I am shooting to get myself down to 600 words or less. Obviously I would not cut sentences and words that add value, but reading these forums there have been some good ideas out there.

The few that I remember are:

1. Read the essay backwards and see how it flows. There are probably organizational issues that can be found and sentences that become superfluous to the overall message.
2. Read the essay and look for weak sentences in paragraphs. These sentences either add no value and need to be removed, or are weak and need to be revised.
3. Have 2-3 other people read the essays. Ideally people who have applied to B-School. get their inputs and take their advice. Usually a fresh set of eyes will help cut out unnecessary words.

Regardless of what I have said, I would not take out anything you think adds value to the essay. You essay should portray you message and I would not do anything to sacrifice that.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
rgupta83 wrote:
app2012 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Hey app2012, I am currently at 750 myself and I feel that it is too high. While Tuck provides no max, I think there are some extremes to that number. Given the recommended length is 500 I am shooting to get myself down to 600 words or less. Obviously I would not cut sentences and words that add value, but reading these forums there have been some good ideas out there.

The few that I remember are:

1. Read the essay backwards and see how it flows. There are probably organizational issues that can be found and sentences that become superfluous to the overall message.
2. Read the essay and look for weak sentences in paragraphs. These sentences either add no value and need to be removed, or are weak and need to be revised.
3. Have 2-3 other people read the essays. Ideally people who have applied to B-School. get their inputs and take their advice. Usually a fresh set of eyes will help cut out unnecessary words.

Regardless of what I have said, I would not take out anything you think adds value to the essay. You essay should portray you message and I would not do anything to sacrifice that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Man! This is helpful.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
app2012 wrote:
Hey Guys,

I think Tuck does not have any hard and fast rule on the word count, though there is a guideline of 500 words per essay. IMHO it very much depends on the amount of meaning/relevant stuff you can share. I believe it is more important to write concisely and communicate your perspectives effectively, rather than sticking to the 500 word guideline as a strict limit. Getting friends to review your essays definitely helps. Personally, I had 697 words for my Tuck goal essay when I applied last year. My average word count is definitely more than 500 words per essay, though one of my essay has as few as 367 words.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts