Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:45 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ross '14
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Re: Pease help -Gmat prep2 740 and Actual 580 [#permalink]
The disparity between the second practice test and the actual GMAT is indeed unusually large. One factor could have occured on test day. You mentioned that things went "horribly wrong," so I'm a bit curious. How did you feel mentally during the actual test? Were you very nervous, fatigued, or distracted? Were you physically sick or did you not sleep well the night before? Did you take the breaks and did you eat or drink anything? There are all sorts of possibilities here, so please recount your experience with as much detail as possible.

Another issue could deal with the practice test or toward the end of your studies. Did you study excessively shortly before the test? Did you take the practice CAT under realistic test conditions? Were you consistent with your studies or did you take breaks every now and then? Adn what was your score for the first GMATPrep (first attempt)?

Now, you don't have to answer every question here. It would be nice if you did, but that's not the point of this exercise. I just wanted to throw out some ideas in order to help you to work out the issues - to stimulate your mind, I suppose. With that said, the more information you provide us, the better we can help you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hi bmillan01

Thanks for your reply,

My answers to your queries are as follows:

1. I slept hardly 3 hours before the test as it was at 9 am and I sleep usually late.

2. I was extremely anxious during the test, and there was a test taker constantly coughing, I get distracted very easily

3. I took breaks but did not eat or drink anything

4 5 days before the test I studied less than I had before those days.

5 Practice CAT were in my living room, ideal conditions

6 I always had three to four day breaks between my studies but that stopped 2-3 weeks before GMAT

7 I took prep 1 gmat first time before starting my preparation and had a score of 580

8 I got put off mentally when I saw a question in quant which I had seen before but not understood, only question to which I did not find an answer during prep as it was a week before and I thought it is just 1 question

Sorry for the delay in reply,but I am quite confused plus my concentration span is minimal and I don't know how I would not get irritated or distracted during test this time around, I have to put a lot of effort to focus

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
lack of sleep and stress are usualy major factors in scoring low.
GMAT Club Bot