Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
GPA: 4
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Saketbangur wrote:
Hey,

Thanks for taking out time to go through my profile.

1. Demographic: 26/M/Indian
2. Education Qualification
- Undergraduate: Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering from RVCE, Bangalore
-GPA- 8.6/10 on the scale of 10.

3. GMAT
- 750 (Q51, V40)

4. Work Experience
- Overall (by the time of matriculation): 48 months
- Organization: Barclays I.B.
- Industry: Financial Services
- Role: Equities BM Analyst
• Worked with multiple groups across the organization on the production of reports and analysis of drivers for trading revenues, sales credit, market share, etc. to help the management take strategic decisions and identify key-performing desks and traders
• Initiated discussions with senior Business Leaders around monitoring and driving key business MI and Strategy Presentations, region-wise KPIs, Electronic P&L reports, BCSL Executive Committee (Exco) presentations, Equity Suitability Forum, etc. This led to initiation of Monthly Business Review packs (MBR) process for the Cash desk.
• Worked closely with AMER, and EMEA stakeholders to enhance efficiency and automate various BAU monthly processes, CSDR-charges reporting, Weekly/Monthly Commentaries, EQ Floor updates, etc.
• Analyzed the business performance or lead/lag indicators, tracking recent operations issues related to prematch fails, etc.
• Raised and maintained ORAC risk-events for AMER and EMEA stakeholders to take corrective actions such as documenting the necessary steps taken to avoid similar errors in future
• Recognized and rewarded 10k excellence points by M.D. for automating CSDR charges process and efficiently designing key monthly Business MI

5. Extra-curricular activites and volunteer work:
• Head of Marketing Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Cell: Led 50+ senior associates to organize national-level Entrepreneurship Summit with 5K footfall of 5000

Volunteer, Vanvasi NGO:
• Raised 1,00,000 through camps to help around 200 people with supplies, vaccines during the second-wave pandemic for critical cases

6. Post MBA goals
-Strategy and Consulting, MBB

7. Target Colleges
-Ross
-Yale
-Stern
-Tuck
-Darden

8. Questions

- What are my chances of conversion for these target colleges if I apply in R2
- What are the colleges that I can add to this list.
- How can I improve my profile.

Regards,
Saket

Hi Saket,
From what I can see from your description, you have excellent potential, but your application needs to showcase your strengths well. It is also great that you have planned a good basket of schools. While you may also have a great chance at some of the M-7 schools, your resume right now needs an immense strengthening. From my experience, Recommendations less than outstanding also might hurt your chances, both at M-7, and at scholarships across all schools.

Feel free to connect for a free, 45 min session to ask any questions, and or discuss.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Visit our Website for more free resources and absolutely anything and everything latest about MBA on MBA and Beyond

Hello Saketbangur,

Thanks for your post.

Your profile looks pretty good on the surface. Coming to your academics, first of all, congratulations on achieving a spiffing GMAT score. You also have a competitive GPA. However, since you belong to an overrepresented pool of candidates, I would suggest adding a bit more about your overall statistics and information about any additional courses, certifications, and academic accolades, along with your GMAT score, to provide an overall boost to your academic front.

On the work front, you do have a good amount of relevant work experience, and it can be seen that you have handled multiple projects and interacted with varying clients, which exhibits your ability to adapt and excel. The key will be presenting these activities strategically and ensuring they don’t go unnoticed by the adcoms! You need to think through your work experience and highlight the key points that help you demonstrate your USPs, some stellar leadership examples, and how you have influenced the organization’s growth and development by working beyond your roles & responsibilities. Furthermore, I can see some interpersonal experience as well; this will add a unique flavor to your profile and bring out your lively personality, as ROSS is very interested in knowing what their candidates are and what they bring to the table.

Your ECs will surely add value to your application. Being associated with NGOs and working for the people during covid waves will give your profile a unique blend. I’m sure if you brainstorm, you’ll get some awesome stories, especially on the leadership opportunities (both as a team player and as a leader), and portray the impact generated! ECs play a very important role in your application, revealing your diverse personality; make sure to make the most of it. Also, for your reference, I suggest you go through our article on How to draft Exemplary ECAs for MBA Application, to understand the importance of crafting ECAs essays that inspires!

Overall you have a strong profile! Moreover, your B-school choice makes sense as Ross, Yale and Stern have higher admits from consulting backgrounds. You could also add Kellogg, Booth, and even CBS to your list! However, I feel your profile is still brief at some points like; it would help if you could be more specific in your post-MBA goals (your answer is quite common) so that we can help align them with the school’s values! Hence, If you’d like, we are happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the top B-schools. So feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Saketbangur wrote:
Hey,

- Undergraduate: Bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering from RVCE, Bangalore
-GPA- 8.6/10 on a scale of 10.

3. GMAT
- 750 (Q51, V40)

4. Work Experience
- Organization: BarclaysIBB.
- Role: EquitiesBMM Analyst
• Worked with multiple groups across the organization on the production of reports and analysis of drivers for trading revenues, sales credit, market share, etc. to help the management take strategic decisions and identify key-performing desks and traders
• Initiated discussions with senior Business Leaders around monitoring and driving key business MI and Strategy Presentations, region-wise KPIs, Electronic P&L reports, BCSL Executive Committee (Exco) presentations, Equity Suitability Forum, etc. This led to initiation of Monthly Business Review packs (MBR) process for the Cash desk.
• Worked closely with AMER, and EMEA stakeholders to enhance efficiency and automate various BAU monthly processes, CSDR-charges reporting, Weekly/Monthly Commentaries,EQQ Floor updates, etc.
• Analyzed the business performance or lead/lag indicators, tracking recent operations issues related to prematch fails, etc.
• Raised and maintained ORAC risk-events for AMER and EMEA stakeholders to take corrective actions such as documenting the necessary steps taken to avoid similar errors in future
• Recognized and rewarded 10k excellence points byMD. for automating CSDR charges process and efficiently designing key monthly Business MI

• Head of Marketing Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Cell: Led 50+ senior associates to organize national-level Entrepreneurship Summit with 5K footfall of 5000

Volunteer, Vanvasi NGO:
• Raised 1,00,000 through camps to help around 200 people with supplies, vaccines during the second-wave pandemic for critical cases

6. Post MBA goals

7. Target Colleges
-Ross
-Yale
-Stern
-Tuck
-Darden

8. Questions

Regards,
Saket
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
THLind wrote:
Hi, I am planning to apply for the INSEAD MiM in Round 1 and would love some input!

Background
- 21 year old ethnic asian adopted to a Scandinavian Country
- Male
- Post MiM goal is to continue in consulting

Education
- Just started my final year of undergraduate studies at the 2nd best business school and best university overall in my country
- GPA: 3,8/4 ~Top 3% in class
- Was selected for Honours Studies at our faculty (20 extra ECTS)

Work experience
- Consultant Intern at a Boutique Management Consulting firm in Copenhagen, started by former partners from Bain
- Sales Intern at a F50 FMCG company (recieved return offer)
- 9 months as a Management Consultant at a firm gathering top talent across faculties. Advised companies worth up to 10MEUR
- Business Development Intern at a 20MEUR Fashion Company in Sweden
- Project consultant after high school, writing pilot studies for investment projects worth 2MEUR

Extracurricular
- Background as one of the best players in my age, in my country, in handball
- Been involved in our student union since I started through 5 roles, and will continue during my last year
1. Fixed sponsors for our career fair (~3 500 visitors)
2. Led a group of 8 people to host another career event
3. Elected by our members to vote in holistic strategic decisions (e.g. Board Recruitment)
4. Founded a consulting society at our university
5. Selected by the new Board to advise them this coming Business Year
- Top 8% in CBS Global Case competition, 2nd place in a regional Case Competition, 1st place in a regional Case Competition, 2nd place in a Case Comepition across the Nordics
- Member of Nova Talent
- Took part in 2-week consultancy project with BCG where we were recieved mentors and presented for our designated companies lead team

International Exposure
- Case competition at Iceland
- Living abroad (Copenhagen) for 6 months
- Living with European roomies

Essay Narrative/LOR
- Outline: I will build the story around how being adopted led has shaped me as a person, and my succeding decisions
- LOR: (1) My mentor from my first Internship who is a former partner from MBB who knows me very well (2) President of our student union who has seen me in the union all three years (3) Potentially adding a open LOR from F50 manager or current manager

Test scores
IELTS: To be taken but expect an 8
GMAT: To be taken within a month. Last practice test was 3W ago (650), and have been working with a tutor since that.

Considering all of the above, I think what I would most want to hear your opinions on is - with what GMAT score would you advise me to retake it and apply in R2? I am am positive that I will be able to build a coherent, compelling story through my essays and my LOR, while you have the rest of the info up here. Of course, I am very happy to hear any other input on my chanches and improvement areas as well!

Thanks in advance!:)

So your profile looks really good to me but I understand your concern regarding the GMAT score. As you know, a 700+ score would be the best for you but even if you end up scoring somewhere around 680-690, you still have a chance.
GMAT score is undoubtedly an important factor but not the only deciding parameter. What I mean is, GMAT score is used by universities to test your academic abilities but the Adcoms look for an overall holistic profile rather than one with just a high GMAT Score. So if you manage to portray your profile in a manner that it outshines other candidates, you can have a fair shot at getting in.
All you need to keep in mind is, create an application that highlights the good aspects of your profile like your GPA, your IELTS score (considering you can score around 8.0 band) and add your profile efficiency by showcasing various extracurricullars and internship exposure. So work on your LORs and SOPs with a lot of focus and care and make it eye-catching for the Adcoms to see you as the best fit for their school.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to setup a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 14 Sep 2022, 01:03.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 08 Feb 2023, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Visit our Website for more free resources and absolutely anything and everything latest about MBA on MBA and Beyond

Hey AnindyaGmat,

We are really sorry for our late response to you; nonetheless, we do feel evaluating an outstanding profile like yours will be of help to future applicants.

First of all, we appreciate you sharing a detailed profile! You have a stellar profile, and scoring 770 in mocks is beyond amazing! Every B-school looks for a candidate like yours... Be it academically, ECAs, or Leadership, you have all that is required and more to offer!

Hence, I would really want to understand your stand on an executive MBA, as it seems perfect in your situation. You have a ton of relevant work experience, making you a strong candidate for EMBA. Moreover, with experience in such diverse domains, you won’t be short on leadership examples. Hence, I would suggest that you go through our blog once,
Top Executive MBA Programs.This would most certainly help clear any doubts and, at the same time, help understand all about top EMBA programs!

You could definitely apply to Insead GEMBA and would make a strong Candidate! All you need to do is work on Insead Essays, as they would help highlight important characteristics of complete development. Also, for your reference, I suggest you go through our article on How to draft Exemplary ECAs for MBA Application, to understand the importance of incorporating social work into your ECA essays. Make your Essays more dynamic to strengthen your application!

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the b-schools. So feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials

AnindyaGmat wrote:
Hi,

Kindly request a profile evaluation for INSEAD.

Male
Indian
Bachelor of Engineering (top 5% in class)
15 years of work experience (8 years in India, 7 years in USA)

Snippets of work experience:
- Currently, General Manager in a Private Equity and Asset Management firm, managing teams in 3 countries.
- Head of an Engineering team at General Electric (GE), worked on defence projects, managed teams at 4 bases in 3 countries.
- Adept in Digital transformation, Technology consulting and Strategic planning.

Extra-curriculars:
- Played football for country (India) at U14 and U16 level
- Plenty of awards and accolades related to football
- "Lord of the code" award winner in 2005 and 2008, from Redhat.

Interests and other activities:
- Assist with NGO "Feed the children" for its activities in 2 states in India
- Organize free healthcare camps in rural India since 2002 (we have organized over 1000 camps till date)
- Manage 2 schools in India for underprivileged children, since 2000.

GMAT - I will take soon.
GMAT official mock test scores - 740 to 770

Post MBA goal: Dedicate myself to in-depth research, complete PhD.

Kindly suggest if my profile will be considered at INSEAD.

Thanks,
AG
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Saketbangur wrote:
Hey,

-GPA- 8.6/10 on the scale of 10.

3. GMAT
- 750 (Q51, V40)

4. Work Experience
- Organization: Barclays I.B.
- Role: Equities BM Analyst
• Worked closely with AMER, and EMEA stakeholders to enhance efficiency and automate various BAU monthly processes, CSDR-charges reporting, Weekly/Monthly Commentaries, EQ Floor updates, etc.
• Recognized and rewarded 10k excellence points by M.D. for automating CSDR charges process and efficiently designing key monthly Business MI

Volunteer, Vanvasi NGO:

6. Post MBA goals

7. Target Colleges
-Ross
-Yale
-Stern
-Tuck
-Darden

8. Questions

Regards,
Saket

On the surface, your profile seems to be rather appealing. Regarding your academics, let me start by congratulating you on receiving a terrific GMAT score. Additionally, you have a high GPA. However, given that you are part of an overrepresented group of applicants, I advise adding a little more detail about your general statistics as well as details about any other courses, certifications, and academic honours in addition to your GMAT score to help your academic profile as a whole.
You do have a good deal of relevant job experience, and it is clear that you have managed different projects and engaged with a variety of clients, demonstrating your adaptability and ability to succeed. The trick will be selectively presenting these events so that the adcoms don't miss them. You need to carefully consider your work history and emphasise the significant events that best illustrate your USPs, some outstanding leadership examples, and how you went above and beyond the call of duty to advance the organisation. Additionally, I can see that you have some interpersonal experience, which will give your profile a distinctive flavour and highlight your vivacious personality. ROSS is really eager in learning about its applicants and what they can bring to the table.
Your ECs will undoubtedly improve your application. Your profile will stand out if you are involved with NGOs and work for the common good during covid waves. If you brainstorm, I'm sure you'll come up with some fantastic tales, particularly about the leadership possibilities (both as a team player and as a leader), and how they illustrate the impact made! Make the most of your ECs, which reveal your varied personality and play a significant part in your application.
You have a solid profile all around! Your decision to attend business school makes sense because Ross, Yale, and Stern have better admit rates for applicants with consulting experience. Additionally, you might include CBS, Booth, and Kellogg on your list! Although I believe some parts of your profile are still too brief, it would be helpful if you could be more detailed about your post-MBA goals (your response is quite typical) so that we can assist you match them with the school's principles!

If you need more help, we'd be happy to setup a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 03 Oct 2022, 01:43.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 08 Feb 2023, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Schools: HSG ESSEC (S)
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi, I am planning to apply for the INSEAD MiM in Round 2 and would love some input!

Background
- 24 year old Colombian currently working full time in Germany
- Female
- Post MiM goal is to go into consulting (digital marketing / brand's W3 marketing strategy)
- Neurodiverse

Education
- Finished in June 2021 my bachelor's in International Business from Colombia (top 10 uni in the country) in the top 20% and graduated with mention (GPA: 4.35/5)
- Did a double degree bachelor's in European Management in Strasbourg (16.14/20 - graduated with très bien mention)

Languages
- Spanish (native)
- English (C2)
- French (B2)
- German (A2)
- Italian (A1)

Work experience
- Working full time since July 2021 as a Junior International Marketing Manager for a beauty company in Munich developing the digital presence in the South of Europe (France, Italy and Spain) - Have achieved 3-digit sales growth YoY
- Did two internships in the same company (now working full time). Advised on company's expansion strategy to Belgium, fully managed the redevelopment of the French B2B online store generating 300% sales growth vs PY.
- Worked as a financial assistant during my studies in Colombia (mostly making the company's income statement and providing accounting advice for the payment of property taxes)
- Accounting Intern at a notary in Colombia (Crafted suitable strategies for handling accounts payable and calculated taxes).

Extracurricular
- Mentor at home university guiding first semester students for a seamless integration and adaptation into the university.
- Active member of Partners of the Americas for almost four years (during my bachelor's studies) teaching english to lower-income children in Medellin, Colombia.
- Member of Rotary International for 1.5 years (during high school) for hunger alleviation and support of mother's household heads in the Colombian coast.
- Member of Techo (poverty alleviation NPO) helped collecting funds and building houses for people displaced by the Colombian armed conflict.
- Sponsor, Chair, Delegate of Model United Nations (during high school) - went to several MUNs in Colombia and participated two times in Harvard University MUN.
- PADI Advanced Scuba diver. Likewise, I participated on several beach/ocean cleaning days of the Caribbean Sea in Colombia for over 4 years.
- Latin music dancer (Salsa, Bachata, Merengue) - Have given workshops in my current company in Germany.

International Exposure
- Currently working in Germany (for over 2 years) in a German company with international coworkers and currently live with my Chinese boyfriend
- Lived for 1 year in France during my double degree
- Leaded a group of 5 students from different countries for the X-Culture Project
- Summer camp in the UK (1 month)
- Summer camp in France (3 months)

Post Master's goal
- Short term: work with a consulting firm/Start ups developing digital marketing strategies.
- Long term: I want to create my own swimsuit company (handmade in Colombia by woman head of the household) and sell in the European market.

Essay Narrative/LOR
- Outline: I will build the story around how coming from a Colombian family raised by my mother as head of the household has defined my character as she set an example of education as means for a better life. Likewise, how seeing the extreme poverty in my country has ignite a will to give back. Finally my passion for gaining new hard skills, learning languages and immersing in new cultures helps me develop a global vision of the business world.
- Letter of Recommendation:
(1) professor and head of the Academic Area of Global Management of the International Business Department at my home university
(2) CEO of the company that I am currently working at.

Test scores
TOEFL: 100 (but retook it last week - waiting for results).
GMAT: Will take it this month. Circa 600 points on mock exams (I have studied before and after work for the last few months but I work 50+ hours a week which leaves me a limited amount of time).

Considering all of the above, I would really appreciate your opinions on my chances as a whole. I am very doubtful with my GMAT score as I do not know if my score is too low.
I am very happy to hear any other input on my chances and improvement areas as well!

Thanks in advance :)
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
csampayo wrote:
Hi, I am planning to apply for the INSEAD MiM in Round 2 and would love some input!

Background
- Female
- Post MiM goal is to go into consulting (digital marketing / brand's W3 marketing strategy)
- Neurodiverse

Education
- Finished in June 2021 my bachelor's in International Business from Colombia (top 10 uni in the country) in the top 20% and graduated with mention (GPA: 4.35/5)
- Did a double degree bachelor's in European Management in Strasbourg (16.14/20 - graduated with très bien mention)

Languages
- Spanish (native)
- English (C2)
- French (B2)
- German (A2)
- Italian (A1)

Work experience
- Working full time since July 2021 as a Junior International Marketing Manager for a beauty company in Munich developing the digital presence in the South of Europe (France, Italy and Spain) - Have achieved 3-digit sales growth YoY
- Did two internships in the same company (now working full time). Advised on company's expansion strategy to Belgium, fully managed the redevelopment of the French B2B online store generating 300% sales growth vs PY.
- Worked as a financial assistant during my studies in Colombia (mostly making the company's income statement and providing accounting advice for the payment of property taxes)
- Accounting Intern at a notary in Colombia (Crafted suitable strategies for handling accounts payable and calculated taxes).

Extracurricular
- Mentor at home university guiding first semester students for a seamless integration and adaptation into the university.
- Active member of Partners of the Americas for almost four years (during my bachelor's studies) teaching english to lower-income children in Medellin, Colombia.
- Member of Rotary International for 1.5 years (during high school) for hunger alleviation and support of mother's household heads in the Colombian coast.
- Member of Techo (poverty alleviation NPO) helped collecting funds and building houses for people displaced by the Colombian armed conflict.
- Sponsor, Chair, Delegate of Model United Nations (during high school) - went to several MUNs in Colombia and participated two times in Harvard University MUN.
- PADI Advanced Scuba diver. Likewise, I participated on several beach/ocean cleaning days of the Caribbean Sea in Colombia for over 4 years.
- Latin music dancer (Salsa, Bachata, Merengue) - Have given workshops in my current company in Germany.

International Exposure
- Currently working in Germany (for over 2 years) in a German company with international coworkers and currently live with my Chinese boyfriend
- Leaded a group of 5 students from different countries for the X-Culture Project

Post Master's goal
- Short term: work with a consulting firm/Start ups developing digital marketing strategies.
- Long term: I want to create my own swimsuit company (handmade in Colombia by woman head of the household) and sell in the European market.

Essay Narrative/LOR
- Outline: I will build the story around how coming from a Colombian family raised by my mother as head of the household has defined my character as she set an example of education as means for a better life. Likewise, how seeing the extreme poverty in my country has ignite a will to give back. Finally my passion for gaining new hard skills, learning languages and immersing in new cultures helps me develop a global vision of the business world.
(1) professor and head of the Academic Area of Global Management of the International Business Department at my home university

Test scores
GMAT: Will take it this month. Circa 600 points on mock exams (I have studied before and after work for the last few months but I work 50+ hours a week which leaves me a limited amount of time).

Considering all of the above, I would really appreciate your opinions on my chances as a whole. I am very doubtful with my GMAT score as I do not know if my score is too low.
I am very happy to hear any other input on my chances and improvement areas as well!

Great profile,
Very well described too.
If you can pull up your GMAT to 680+, I am confident you can make it with good scholarship.

Can also suggest online help for your GMAT, freeing more time for your application.

Please ping 1:1 on my LinkedIn for a free, 45 min session to discuss your profile in detail

linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/

Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
csampayo:

You have a very good overall profile. The keys for you are:

(1) Doing decently on the GMAT. You don't need the most outstanding score but high 600s would be ideal. If you can crack 700, all the better.

(2) Fine tuning your career goal. Make a clear connection between your ST and LT goals. Right now, they seem somewhat disparate, though I can envision how you might tie them together.

(3) Put together a set of essays and CV/resume that isn't just a laundry list of accomplishments and experiences. You have a lot of good going on in your profile. It's critical you pull this all together in a way that is organized with consistent themes about yourself.

If we can be of continued professional help, please reach out for a free consultation using this link:

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
csampayo wrote:

Background
- Female
- Neurodiverse

Education

Languages
- Spanish (native)
- English (C2)
- French (B2)
- German (A2)
- Italian (A1)

Work experience

Extracurricular

International Exposure

Post Master's goal

Essay Narrative/LOR

Test scores

csampayo Hi, hope this finds you well

Stellar profile! You fare exceptionally on most criteria that INSEAD evaluates the applicants on

1. Ability to contribute - INSEAD is known for its interactive culture. It is expected that you bring a unique perspective through events from both your personal and professional lives. It's important to be able to accept your mistakes openly and look back on your decisions, accomplishments, and failures. Your engagement in charitable and diverse community activities surely demonstrates your interest, passion, and well-rounded skills.

2. International motivation
At INSEAD, no 2 people would be from the same nationality in your study group. A commitment to pursuing a global career is rightly demonstrated in your profile. Your interest in learning foreign languages demonstrate that you are highly motivated in taking up opportunities globally. Share examples to show adaptability toward other cultures and that you made effort to understand others' perspectives.

3. Academic Inclination
INSEAD has an intense and rigorous academic curriculum. A decent GMAT score (670+) and decent academics will help you to stay competitive, especially since consulting is one of the goals. Highlight any academic accolades and recognition you may have received in the past. You could talk about what "education" means to you or to others in your family to show a deep-rooted value system.

4. Leadership Potential
Candidates with strong leadership potential are sought after. Utilize examples to showcase your leadership abilities. Give instances demonstrating how you led teams to move projects along quickly and produce the necessary outcomes, handled disagreement with strong persuasion techniques, impacted senior management's choices with your astute observations and insights, and added value to your team and firm. Display a propensity for action and careful thought while making decisions.

I like your goals, but do not forget to address the motivation behind your long-term goal/vision. How do you plan to touch the lives of women in consideration through this objective.

Feel free to reach out

Best wishes :)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey, csampayo

Thank you for your post!

First, I must add that you have accomplished a lot for someone your age, from developing your language skills to getting a lot of exposure abroad. Stellar profile! You will fare exceptionally amongst other applicants! Also, till now, the mocks are going well; strive to raise it by 60 to 80 points. It will demonstrate a major impact on your application. Coming to job experience, please emphasize the important projects you worked on, the skills you gained, your position and duties, and all of your professional and academic certificates. Your responsibilities as a Junior International Marketing Manager for a Munich-based beauty brand should be mentioned in your resume, along with the revenue increase you helped to create by creating a digital presence in the South of Europe (France, Italy, and Spain).

You appear to have strong ECAs about mentoring kids and serving as a UN model delegate. Expanding your horizons and bringing up Scuba Diving, in particular, during your interview will enable you to engage the AdComs in a stimulating conversation. To effectively use them in your school essays, I would also suggest adding relevant details about the difficulties encountered, the skills learned, the leadership responsibilities assumed, and the effects produced. Your exposure to other countries would also be quite valuable at this point.

Overall, you have a robust profile for MiM; your certifications and accolades add additional points by increasing your chances at your target B-school. Moreover, your profile is well aligned with the School values upheld by INSEAD, like the ability to contribute to society, expanding your knowledge base by taking an interest in learning foreign languages, a strong academic profile, and true leadership potential! Finally, I would suggest aligning your long-term goal with social responsibility (how you can engage the local population with employment and help them generate revenue for a better lifestyle for themselves and their families, which will eventually bring them a step closer to overcoming poverty). If you'd like, we'd be happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your possibilities in more detail and properly address your worries. We'll be pleased to help you and make your profile stand out more. Feel free to submit your profile here for a FREE profile evaluation & to get additional benefits.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

csampayo wrote:

Background
- Female
- Neurodiverse

Education

Languages
- Spanish (native)
- English (C2)
- French (B2)
- German (A2)
- Italian (A1)

Work experience

Extracurricular

International Exposure

Post Master's goal

Essay Narrative/LOR

Test scores

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey, LST786.

Thanks for the post!

I apologize for the delay! I hope this evaluation helps you and any future candidate interested in the INSEAD MiM program!

First, I must say you have a strong overall profile and a strong GPA. Scoring 650 on your practice tests is excellent, and if you can increase it by 20-30 points on the real test, you will optimize your chances and have a genuine possibility of receiving scholarships! Also, I see that you have included several relevant internships under your undergraduate work experience. So, now you’ll need to focus on elaborating on the skill set that allowed you to outperform more seasoned experts in the same capacity. Remember to quantify the significant projects you have worked on and emphasize your leadership position within your organization. Describe your role in business development and your company’s pitches’ influence on you.

About your ECAs, you have led a group of 8 people to host career events, founded a consulting society at your university, and were selected by the new Board to advise them about the coming Business Year. You should mention your role & responsibilities, your experience living abroad, and what skill set you could develop. Also, adding some social services to your application would bring diversity to your profile. I would need more specific information about your aboutness, targets, and long-term objectives in your question. A MIM degree would be ideal for you, in my opinion, since it would provide you with plenty of opportunities to grow. Additionally, if you ever consider pursuing an MBA, your MiM degree would give you a competitive edge over other applicants.

All in all, you do have a great chance at INSEAD MiM. However, if you create a compelling application explaining your cause for the program and demonstrate your abilities through your essays, you will have a relevant chance at INSEAD. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the B-schools. If you’d like, we’d be happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your possibilities in more detail and properly address your worries. We’ll be pleased to help you and make your profile stand out more. Feel free to submit your profile here for a FREE profile evaluation & to get additional benefits.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources.

LST786 wrote:
Hi, I am planning to apply for the INSEAD MiM in Round 1 and would love some input!

Background
- 21 year old ethnic asian adopted to a Scandinavian Country
- Male
- Post MiM goal is to continue in consulting

Education
- Just started my final year of undergraduate studies at the 2nd best business school and best university overall in my country
- GPA: 3,8/4 ~Top 3% in class
- Was selected for Honours Studies at our faculty (20 extra ECTS)

Work experience
- Consultant Intern at a Boutique Management Consulting firm in Copenhagen, started by former partners from Bain
- Sales Intern at a F50 FMCG company (recieved return offer)
- 9 months as a Management Consultant at a firm gathering top talent across faculties. Advised companies worth up to 10MEUR
- Business Development Intern at a 20MEUR Fashion Company in Sweden
- Project consultant after high school, writing pilot studies for investment projects worth 2MEUR

Extracurricular
- Background as one of the best players in my age, in my country, in handball
- Been involved in our student union since I started through 5 roles, and will continue during my last year
1. Fixed sponsors for our career fair (~3 500 visitors)
2. Led a group of 8 people to host another career event
3. Elected by our members to vote in holistic strategic decisions (e.g. Board Recruitment)
4. Founded a consulting society at our university
5. Selected by the new Board to advise them this coming Business Year
- Top 8% in CBS Global Case competition, 2nd place in a regional Case Competition, 1st place in a regional Case Competition, 2nd place in a Case Comepition across the Nordics
- Member of Nova Talent
- Took part in 2-week consultancy project with BCG where we were recieved mentors and presented for our designated companies lead team

International Exposure
- Case competition at Iceland
- Living abroad (Copenhagen) for 6 months
- Living with European roomies

Essay Narrative/LOR
- Outline: I will build the story around how being adopted led has shaped me as a person, and my succeding decisions
- LOR: (1) My mentor from my first Internship who is a former partner from MBB who knows me very well (2) President of our student union who has seen me in the union all three years (3) Potentially adding a open LOR from F50 manager or current manager

Test scores
IELTS: To be taken but expect an 8
GMAT: To be taken within a month. Last practice test was 3W ago (650), and have been working with a tutor since that.

Considering all of the above, I think what I would most want to hear your opinions on is - with what GMAT score would you advise me to retake it and apply in R2? I am am positive that I will be able to build a coherent, compelling story through my essays and my LOR, while you have the rest of the info up here. Of course, I am very happy to hear any other input on my chanches and improvement areas as well!

Thanks in advance!:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 138
Send PM
Hi All,

I have been aiming at joining Insead for quite some time. Took GMAT & scored 710 (Q49V38) in the first attempt and 700 in the second.

Now though I have always aimed at 740+ score, I want to connect with someone who can quickly evaluate my profile (on DM or Call) so that I can understand whether I have to necessarily reattempt GMAT for a higher score or I can apply to Insead with the same score (710).

Don't want to land in a situation where I spend a lot of time preparing for the reattempt only to find out later that I should have spent the time on application with the 710 score.

Looking for some help here.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello An78w

Thanks for posting

To answer your question, the average GMAT score for INSEAD class of 2022 was 710. However, acceptance to top schools like INSEAD is not just limited to your GMAT score, a lot of other parameters are checked upon by the AdComs, including your work experience, EC’s, LOR’s etc. We have recently helped an applicant to get into INSEAD, LBS, IESE (with scholarship) with 720 GMAT. You will get some insights!

It all depends on how you connect the dots and build a great story around it. In order to properly evaluate your chances to the school please provide us with a detailed profile. If properly worked upon, your profile stands a high chance of acceptance. Hence, if you’d like, you can get on a call with one of our profile experts to discuss your profile in length and further chances to INSEAD. She got an admit from INSEAD with 680 GMAT. We’ll be pleased to help you and make your profile stand out more. Feel free to schedule a call here for in-depth profile evaluation & get additional benefits.

Let's discuss with Alums to set up your R2 MBA applications

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager
Testimonials
Visit our website www.mbaandbeyond.com for more MBA resources

An78w wrote:
Hi All,

I have been aiming at joining Insead for quite some time. Took GMAT & scored 710 (Q49V38) in the first attempt and 700 in the second.

Now though I have always aimed at 740+ score, I want to connect with someone who can quickly evaluate my profile (on DM or Call) so that I can understand whether I have to necessarily reattempt GMAT for a higher score or I can apply to Insead with the same score (710).

Don't want to land in a situation where I spend a lot of time preparing for the reattempt only to find out later that I should have spent the time on application with the 710 score.

[size=80]Posted from my mobile device
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
An78w:

Please reach out to us for a free consultation. It's a great opportunity for you to discuss your profile overall and how a 710 would impact your chances. As noted in the previous post, it's very much a holistic evaluation and so 10-20 points (above 700) is not going to drastically alter your chances of admission.

The link is here: https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/

You can also DM us here with separate questions or for personal help getting set up.

-Admissionado
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
An78w wrote:
Hi All,

Hi,

Don't lose hope. WE have helped applicants with this kind of score get admission into INSEAD so I know it could be a possibility. INSEAD looks at a lot of factors in one's candidature- leadership potential, international exposure, all-round development, a strong resume with good brand names being a few of these factors.
I will need to know more about your profile before giving personalized advice, so feel free to share your resume (at contact@mbadecoder.com)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
An78w wrote:
Hi All,

Hi An78w hope this finds you well

Feel free to connect should you need to discuss your INSEAD candidacy.

the key aspects INSEAD evaluates the applicants on are

1. Academic inclination: Proof for strong academic foundation. Tier 1-2 pedigree. Any reference to receiving academic accolades and scholarships previously would be nice.

2. International motivation : This aspect evaluates applicants on their ability to get along in multicultural environments. Bringing out some interesting insights from work relationships you have managed in a multinational set up among a diverse set of stakeholders can make your application stand out.

3. Ability to contribute: This aspect is based on INSEAD’s extremely outgoing culture and interactive environment. Introspect deeply on how you would be able to make valuable contributions to class discussions. What unique experience would you bring to the cohort given your background. Show your uniqueness. Talk about your interests, hobbies, passion for community service or diversity initiatives. INSEAD loves to have great storytellers aboard.

4. Leadership Potential: This relates to your work experience and professional progression over the years. This is the area where most applicants struggle to portray a promising growth trajectory and get noticed. If you especially belong to an overrepresented pool, getting this aspect on point is the most important for your application.

Goals: Be conscientious about your goals and thoroughly research career opportunities abroad post MBA. Show that you have made the effort to connect with people from your target industry/geography and are convinced that you would be able to leverage INSEAD experience to attain your goals. Well begun is half done.

Best wishes
Send PM
Expert Reply
Greetings, Everyone!

With the interview invites flying out for September season deadlines, we congratulate everyone who has received an invite, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!🎉

For anyone who hasn’t received an invitation yet, be patient; sometimes, it might take a little more time than usual! But don’t worry; it will come. Also, especially for anyone Waitlisted, we are very sorry to hear that. However, you must understand that the waitlist doesn’t mean all is lost; there is hope!

At Top B-schools like INSEAD, the WL applicants are considered alongside all other applicants in subsequent application rounds and sometimes even into the summer after round 3 decisions have gone out.

Also, I recommend you follow these tips; it will definitely help with your current situation.

1. Change viewpoint – View being waitlisted as having potential as an INSEAD student, but there was something about your application, or due to a greater applicant pool, that made adcom unable to extend you a full acceptance offer.

2. Taking Steps – Actively taking steps to improve your candidacy; that’s all the committee cares about, a fighter! Showcase how you embodied some of INSEAD’s core values in the time period will definitely improve your candidacy.

3. Don’t bombard Adcom with needless emails or check-ins; limit your communication to specific events, actions, or materials.

The bottom line is that the admissions team won’t know your level of dedication to attending INSEAD unless you tell them. So, reach out and explain your commitment to getting accepted, and finally, stress on Why INSEAD; what is it about the school that makes you want to be a part of it so much?

You can click – How do you deal with being waitlisted?

Lastly, for anyone denied, WE ARE WITH YOU! It’s just a minor setback in your road to your dream, nothing that you can’t shake off; there are plenty of Schools you can target in Round 2! We will try our best to assist in your quest for your dream B-school.

At MBanndBeyond, we believe that “it’s never too early to start preparing, and it’s never too late to improve.

Hence, with that said, we bring to you a detailed profile (one of its kind ) of one of our candidates who got an Interview to invite from INSEAD for everyone’s thorough inspection & Understanding! This would help draw comparisons for your own profile rebuilding & remodeling.

Candidate Profile

Work Experience — 4 years of work ex, as Product strategy at De shaw, CEO office at Razorpay

Undergraduate Information — LSR 2019, 8.6 --> Top 10%

Target Schools — Insead R1 - the inclination of MBA to APAC.

GMAT Score — 710

Why MBA — Want to work in multi-functional roles

Post MBA Goal — Management Consulting

Critical Projects — Strategy projects from Singapore. Impact consulting - South APAC region

ECAs — NGO started for women's empowerment

Well, yes, we did make some improvements, to be specific, on the aspects such as

1. Why MBA? - made it more specific and highlighted why now is the right time for an MBA for you.
    2. Post-MBA goals - polished the short-term as well as long-term goals to present a strong profile to adcoms
    3. Clarity of global vision (very important) - real-world problem needs brainstorming heavily
    4. Impact on the profile both before and after MBA - this needs to be supported with real-world examples

These are some points you can all learn from and highlight as a part of your profile-building process!

Not only that, if your profile is strong, we can help you connect with the Consultant who worked with her and even the Candidate himself in case anyone wants to discuss different aspects of their profile with them! Hence, you can either get on a FREE profile evaluation call with us to help you with your profile. Click HERE to get additional benefits.

We wish you all the best with your Application Process! :)
MBA and Beyond
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  58   59   60   61   62   63   64  ...  70   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3699 posts