Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile review (Fashion Studies) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yashkumar wrote:
JonAdmissionado wrote:

Hey there!
Great to hear from you!
So first regarding the GMAT, it is up to you. Meaning, to answer the question of whether or not you should take it again, you need to honestly evaluate yourself and think about how easy or hard it might be to get a higher score, how much work it require, how much higher you could get, and whether it is worth it for the delay that this would bring about.

If you DO want to retake your GMAT it is totally okay to do it in between jobs, but I do NOT suggest quitting your job to take the GMAT. Being unemployed will make your profile VERY unattractive.

As for your goals, I wanted to ask: do you intend to work in Fashion?

There are fashion jobs everywhere, but if you intend to move up in management in big fashion, then it makes sense for you to privilege the fashion markets - NY, Paris, Milan. And there are schools like NYU, HEC, ESSEC, Boconni, which has fashion-specific programs.

If you don't necessarily want to stay in your industry, then where you apply will depend more upon your profile and GMAT.

I hope this helps!
And if you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask:
https://admissionado.com/free-consultati ... n=mba_blog

Best,
JF

Thanks a lot JF for your reply. I am actually looking for switch for two reasons - 1. get growth in my career, 2. prepare for GMAT.

And yes I won't leave my job till I have a new job in hand. I know I can't apply to any B school when I am unemployed.

I do believe I can further take my score up to 730. Hopefully will be in a much better situation with a higher score. Work on application will remain same, irrespective of my score.

Can you suggest colleges which I should target keeping in mind my profile and my area of interest in general management/strategy?

Also with a 700 should I apply in Ross/Fuqua/Stern in R1 or should I wait for my next GMAT attempt attempt and target them in R2?

Will there be any negatives of applying in Round 2 ?

Also, as I have already done my under graduation in fashion, I don't want to confine myself when it comes to Masters. Hence looking for a more generalized field.

Hey,
Well I hear you regarding your goals. You wanna do something new, right? After all, that's the whole point!

For General Management, there aren't any schools that are more specialized than any other schools. Gen management is the bread and butter of the MBA. In that case, I would just say apply and go to the best schools you can get into given your GMAT and profile.

To REALLY tell you where you can fit, I need a lot more info from you about everything studies, volunteer work, extra curriculars, etc.... So feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: https://bit.ly/mbafcGC

As for when to apply, if youre going to retake anyhow, and there is a realistic chance of you hitting a 730, might as well wait. (although this means you are gonna have to work extra hard in R2!!!

Best,
Jon
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Profile review (Fashion Studies) [#permalink]
Note Jon. Will do that.

Also, will be great if you can suggest how I should start shortlisting colleges. I can start with the initial research. Thanks!
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile review (Fashion Studies) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Well with your current GMAT, and with your profile, I'd say that your school list should range in the 10-30 ranking in the US, so that is where I would start.

Best,
Jon
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts