Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:54 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 2.79
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: UCLA Anderson - Class of 2015
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
hswk wrote:
Thanks a lot for the confirmation. This is really helpful. So I am guessing there are almost 625 students meaning close to 55-60 seats remaining for R3 and Waitlist candidates.

One more query:- Soojin mentioned in her blog that yield is higher this year but I find it strange how can she know about the yield when the deadline for deposit is 1 May 2013? I think most students put their deposit in last 2-3 days so Soojin would not have known how many students will actually send their deposits by 1 May 2013.

I think she must be making her interpretation based on Round 1 students whose deposit deadline was in March.

RossMBA2014 wrote:
hswk wrote:
Can anyone of the admitted candidate confirm the number of group members in admitted google group? My understanding is that there are close to 660 members and as per Soojin's recent blog, the yield this year is better than last year (51%). So assuming a yield of 62-63% and class size of 440 students ~410 students have accepted the offer which leaves 30 odd spots for Round 3 and waitlisted students (430 odd, based on google group).

This means its game over for all the waitlist candidates.

I can confirm that at least 40-50 of the people on the google group are current students who represent different clubs/MTREKs etc. Adcoms are also on the google group.

Do not give up! I am on the Google group and I know several people there who won't be matriculating. I think you still have a chance. And their decision for R2 was on the 16th of April. I think 1st of May is for those accepted off the waitlist from R1 (it is my vision of it)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: UCLA Anderson - Class of 2015
Send PM
I am sure they have 2 deadlines -16 of April and the 1st of May.
I think it is not long to wait till the 1st of May! Plus, given they plan to make it very quick process, you won't wait long.
Wish you all the best in your waiting!
I can understand what it feels to wait as last year I spent the whole summer in Booth and Haas waitlists.
But hopefully that won't happen to you with Ross))

hswk wrote:
Hey Buddy, thanks for your encouragement. I have couple of friends who are international students (applied in R1) and they mentioned to me that their deadline for deposit is 1 May 2013.

Also I am assuming that 38-40% people of Google admit ((664-50)*39%) group will not matriculate at Ross which means ~ 370-380 students of that list will matriculate at Ross. This leave approx 60 seats for R3 and waitlist group which is also very few considering a large wait list of 430 odd......

Any one has any more data on what the approx yield might be this year in light of Soojin's blog and what percentage of Google admit group is class of 2015.

Sorry for this nervousness......

RossMBA2014 wrote:
hswk wrote:
Can anyone of the admitted candidate confirm the number of group members in admitted google group? My understanding is that there are close to 660 members and as per Soojin's recent blog, the yield this year is better than last year (51%). So assuming a yield of 62-63% and class size of 440 students ~410 students have accepted the offer which leaves 30 odd spots for Round 3 and waitlisted students (430 odd, based on google group).

This means its game over for all the waitlist candidates.

I can confirm that at least 40-50 of the people on the google group are current students who represent different clubs/MTREKs etc. Adcoms are also on the google group.

Do not give up! I am on the Google group and I know several people there who won't be matriculating. I think you still have a chance. And their decision for R2 was on the 16th of April. I think 1st of May is for those accepted off the waitlist from R1 (it is my vision of it)[/quote][/quote]
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Can any of the admit student post about the updated on Google admit group. Are there many candidates who are pulling out of the admission game considering the deposit date is approaching soon.

any information will be highly appreciated. I am a wait list candidate....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi,

I am an international R2 WL.
I understand the the official cut-off date for waitlist results (International) is July 1st, but what has been the general trend? Do they declare it along with R3 results (15th May). I have to decide upon bunch of things based on this result so need to know results ASAP. Any pointer are greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
crimemasterGoGo wrote:
Hi,

I am an international R2 WL.
I understand the the official cut-off date for waitlist results (International) is July 1st, but what has been the general trend? Do they declare it along with R3 results (15th May). I have to decide upon bunch of things based on this result so need to know results ASAP. Any pointer are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I believe they will consider us among R3 applicants. I am in the same boat. I got an admit (with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) and I am still waiting Ross for a response.
Let’s see what happens!

:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
When can we expect WL movement?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
thank you for the insight. That is very helpful. Hoping for good news for the three of us.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[quote="kasonhills"]thank you for the insight. That is very helpful. Hoping for good news for the three of us.[/quot

Looking at last years thread - looks like they release the decision ( by calling admitted candidates) a few days before the deadline -- so, Im guessing accepted candidates will start getting calls from Monday the 13th -

Does anyone know, how many were interviewed in round 3 ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Good luck to everyone, the R3s and the WLs. Have hope and faith, and i'm sure you will get the call tomorrow Friday, if not, then by Wednesday next week. It's never over until it is over!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
btw, does anyone know how much is the enrollment deposit amount? As Soojin mentioned, if any Waitlisters is given an opportunity, s/he will have to accept the offer within a day or so (which means deposit this amount as well, as I confirmed with the school).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
crimemasterGoGo wrote:
btw, does anyone know how much is the enrollment deposit amount? As Soojin mentioned, if any Waitlisters is given an opportunity, s/he will have to accept the offer within a day or so (which means deposit this amount as well, as I confirmed with the school).

Can we expect calls to go out today ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm an R3 applicant and just recieved an email stating that the decision will be available on 15th and instructions to create login etc. Is this an email that everyone gets or is it the end of the road ( because I have heard - they call applicants who are admitted )
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Holy heart-attack email. Just got an email titled "Michigan Ross Decision Notification" with instructions on how to get my decision. I got another a few minutes later saying, effectively, "just kidding."

Pulse returning to normal now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
Send PM
Got a call from Ross earlier today.

He wanted to know if I was still up to hangout this weekend. I told him sure.

Can't wait to hear from University of Michigan. My nerves are killing me! What about you guys?

Edit: (Please don't kill me) :P
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
new blog post up, says they'll call Monday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rexman wrote:
Got a call from Ross earlier today.

He wanted to know if I was still up to hangout this weekend. I told him sure.

Can't wait to hear from University of Michigan. My nerves are killing me! What about you guys?

Edit: (Please don't kill me) :P

Did you also get the email to create the login ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did everyone get an email today to create the login and notifying about the decision dates ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts