Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 05:27 It is currently 08 May 2024, 05:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: [1]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Second trial..dissappointed again... [#permalink]
bsd_lover wrote:
Excellent quant improvement emir. Would you mind sharing your gmat-challenge scores ? so that we can see the co-relation between those results and final scores ?

Good luck for take 3.

Thanks.
I have technical background actually. So improvement in math was not so challenging for me. After my first exam, I decided I did not take GMAT so seriously. It is not enough to know the basic concepts to do well in GMAT. There many key factors. Timing, key points, getting to know question types.. And the tests in the GMATclub are the only source which give you all of these. I did not keep every score of the tests I took. I did 19 of them and if I remember correctly I did between 8-10 mistakes on average. It is really important to go back and go over your mistakes. Sometimes they were really silly mistakes sometimes tests really thought me important key points. But I really advise to do the OG material before starting the GMATclub tests. After some gmatclub tests I got to know how the question are designed to trick you. I started to avoid basic mistakes. And it really paid of in the actual exam. I caught myself correcting my answer choice 3 or 4 times after realizing my mistakes. And this would not be possible if I wasnt prepared from the GMATclub tests. The thing on my second exam was I was really short on time towards the end. I did not want to make silly mistakes on easy questions so I checked my answer again which cost me some time. I believe GMAT is getting harder overall. I got 2 hard geometry questions, 2-3 prob., comb. problems, hard number theory problems (terminating decimals etc.). So i thought I was on the right track because I was getting medium-hard to hard questions on the exam. But when it came to verbal, i was nowhere near as focused as I was in the math section. During my prep. and the exam, I was so concentrated on math that I actually did not care about verbal at all. I thought, I got 37 in the first exam so I can at least match that, but obviously I was wrong. So now it is time to work on both sides equally.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Second trial..dissappointed again... [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37403 posts