Last visit was: 06 Oct 2024, 02:03 It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 02:03
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Stacy Blackman Consulting Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Applicants Love SBCs B-Schooled Podcast [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: Applicants Love SBC’s B-Schooled Podcast

SBC often receives emails thanking us for the killer content we provide on the B-Schooled podcast. For many MBA applicants, the actionable advice we share is invaluable for their business school pursuits. Today, we’re highlighting a note of gratitude we recently received from one thrilled B-School-bound candidate.

Hi Stacy Blackman Consulting Team,

I am writing to express my sincere gratitude for your podcast on Spotify. I became a listener in November 2022 after deciding to pursue an MBA. For background, I was a non-traditional undergrad student (…) with less than a 3.0 GPA.

With my less-than-stellar undergrad performance, I doubted my chances of getting into a reputable graduate school program – much less a top 20 MBA program.

Know your podcast gave me the guidance and confidence to aim high. Thanks to your numerous episodes on essays and applications, I landed invitations to the Rice Jones Hybrid MBA and Texas McCombs Weekend MBA programs. I am thrilled and honored to have these opportunities, and I owe it all to you.

Thank you for creating such a valuable and inspiring resource for MBA applicants. You are making a difference in the lives of many people, and I am one of them.

Keep up the great content!

If you’re applying to business school and need all the guidance you can get, check out our trove of quality audio content.

Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:

Apple Podcasts

Spotify

Stitcher

TuneIn

Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email podcast@stacyblackman.com. We’d love to hear from you!

The post Applicants Love SBC’s B-Schooled Podcast appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Deadlines for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Deadlines for 2023-2024

The application to Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina is now live. Here are the UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA deadlines for the 2023-2024 admissions season.

UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Deadlines
Round 1
Application due: October 16, 2023

Decision released: December 11, 2023

Round 2
Application due: January 8, 2024

Decision released: March 11, 2024

Round 3*
Application due: March 4, 2024

Decision released: April 22, 2024

Round 4
Application due: April 29, 2024

Decision released: May 20, 2024

*Round 3 is the final deadline for international applicants.

Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the application date. The Admissions Committee requires all applicants seeking a GMAT/GRE waiver to submit requests by the test waiver deadline for each round. Late submissions may be denied or moved to the next round.

Please visit the UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA admissionswebsite for more information on applying. If you need guidance on your UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA application or wish to discuss your MBA plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!

The post UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Deadlines for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Essays for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Essays for 2023-2024

Are you interested in the full-time MBA program at UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School? Then let the brainstorming begin! Here are the updated UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA essays and deadlines for the 2023-2024 admissions season.

UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Essays
From the AdCom: You’ll respond to two required essay questions and one optional question. Your responses should be concise, clear, and introspective as we’ll use them to learn more about you, your motivations, and your aspirations.

Required Essay 1
Your response should be no longer than 500 words and should address the following questions:

• What are your immediate career goals and how will you benefit from earning an MBA at Kenan-Flagler Business School?
  • As the business world continues to evolve, circumstances can change and guide you in a different direction. Should your goals that you provided above not transpire, what other opportunities would you explore?
Required Essay 2
Your response should be no longer than 500 words and should address the following question:

Reflect on a project or initiative you were involved in that had a significant positive impact on a community, organization, or individual. How did this experience shape your sense of responsibility as a future leader dedicated to making a difference in the world?

Optional Essay
We encourage you to tell us more about who you are so we can get to know you as a person and potential member of the Carolina community. Use this essay to convey information that you may not have otherwise been able to in the application. Your response should be no longer than 200 words.

Optional topics:

• Personal or professional accomplishments
  • Interests and passions
  • Gaps in work experience or inconsistent academic performance
  • Context for recommender selection
  • A fun fact about yourself
Essay 4 is required only for previous applicants to any UNC MBA program format. Your response should be no longer than 100 words and should address the following prompt:

If you are re-applying to the program, we appreciate your continued interest in UNC Kenan-Flagler. We require a complete application in addition to a brief essay that describes how your application differs from your previous submission and that alerts us to new test scores, a recent promotion, or other areas that demonstrate how you have strengthened your candidacy.

For more information on applying, please visit the UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA admissions website. If you need guidance on your UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA essays or wish to discuss your MBA plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!

The post UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Essays for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
Oxford MBA Essays for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: Oxford MBA Essays for 2023-2024

The University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School has confirmed the Oxford MBA essays and deadlines for the 2023-2024 application cycle. They remain unchanged from the previous season.

Oxford MBA Essays
As part of your application, you will need to submit a supporting statement.

Tell us something that is not covered in your application which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you. (Maximum 250 words)

If you are applying under the Oxford 1+1 MBA scheme you also need to submit the following essay:

Explain why you see this as particularly beneficial for you and how it fits with your career and personal development aims. (Maximum 250 words)

Re-applicants will need to submit an additional essay as below:

What improvements have you made in your candidacy since you last applied to the Oxford MBA? (Maximum 250 words)

When reviewing your essays, the admissions committee will be looking for evidence of the following: good communication skills, leadership potential, analytical skills, fit with the Oxford MBA community, among other characteristics.

Applications for the Oxford MBA class of 2024-25 are now open. For more information on applying, please visit the Oxford MBA admissions website. If you need guidance on your Oxford essays or application or wish to discuss your MBA plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help! Meanwhile, check out the expertise of the SBC consulting team here:

The post Oxford MBA Essays for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
IESE MBA Application Essays for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: IESE MBA Application Essays for 2023-2024

Is IESE Business School in Spain on your shortlist of target MBA programs? Then let the brainstorming begin! You’ll find the IESE MBA application essays for the 2023-2024 admission season in the online application.

IESE MBA Application Essays
Career Goals Essay: What are your short-term and mid-term post-MBA goals? How will the IESE MBA program help you achieve them? (word limit 300 max)

Optional Essay: What would you like to highlight about yourself or your journey which may have not been captured in your application? (word limit 300 max)

For more information on applying, visit the IESE MBA admissions website. If you need guidance on your IESE application essays or wish to discuss your business school plans, don’t hesitate to reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!

The post IESE MBA Application Essays for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
HEC Paris MBA Deadlines for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: HEC Paris MBA Deadlines for 2023-2024

Are you interested in applying to the prestigious French business school HEC Paris? Take a look at the HEC Paris MBA deadlines for the September 2024 Intake.

Upcoming HEC Paris MBA Deadlines
September Deadline
Application due: September 11, 2023

Decision released: October 13, 2023

October Deadline
Application due: October 13, 2023

Decision released: November 17, 2023

November Deadline 
Application due: November 13, 2023

Decision released: December 15, 2023

December Deadline 
Application due: December 11, 2023

Decision released: January 19, 2024

January Deadline 
Application due: January 15, 2024

Decision released: February 16, 2024

February Deadline 
Application due: February 12, 2024

Decision released: March 15, 2024

March Deadline 
Application due: March 18, 2024

Decision released: April 19, 2024

April Deadline 
Application due: April 15, 2024

Decision released: May 17, 2024

May Deadline 
Application due: May 20, 2024

Decision released: June 21, 2024

June Deadline 
Application due: June 17, 2024

Decision released: July 19, 2024

The admissions process at this European business school operates on a rolling basis throughout the year. HEC Paris aims to take applicants through the entire process from submission to decision in five weeks.

For additional information on applying, please visit the HEC Paris MBA admissions website. If you need guidance on your HEC Paris application, or wish to discuss your MBA plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!

The post HEC Paris MBA Deadlines for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
HEC Paris Essays for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: HEC Paris Essays for 2023-2024

HEC Paris has a rolling admissions process. You can apply throughout the year to begin your MBA journey in either January or September. The following are the HEC Paris essays found within the application and remain unchanged from the previous season.

Essay 1. Why are you applying to the HEC MBA Program now? What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA, and how will the HEC MBA contribute to the achievement of this objective? (500 words max.)

Essay 2. What do you consider your most significant life achievement? (250 words max.)

Essay 3. Leadership and ethics are inevitably intertwined in the business world. Describe a situation in which you have dealt with these issues and how they have influenced you. (250 words max.)

Essay 4. Imagine a life entirely different from the one you now lead, what would it be? (250 words max.)

Essay 5. Please choose from one of the following essays, 250 words max.:

a) What monument or site would you advise a first-time visitor to your country or city to discover, and why?

b) Certain books, movies or plays have had an international success that you believe to be undeserved. Choose an example and analyse it.

c) What figure do you most admire and why? You may choose from any field (arts, literature, politics, business, etc)

Essay 6. Optional: Is there any additional information you would like to share with us? (900 words max.)

For additional information on applying, please visit the HEC Paris MBA admissions website. If you need guidance on your HEC Paris application essays or wish to discuss your MBA plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!

The post HEC Paris Essays for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
Tuesday Tips: IESE MBA Essays and Tips for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: Tuesday Tips: IESE MBA Essays and Tips for 2023-2024

IESE Business School offers a world-class MBA program based in Barcelona, Spain, which started as an alliance with Harvard Business School. The IESE MBA program attracts students from more than 64 different countries and offers a globally-minded education in either 15 or 19 months.

The IESE MBA ranking and brand continue to rise. In fact, The Economistcrowned IESE the number-one full-time MBA program in the world in 2021.  To teach its core general management curriculum, the school uses both the Case Method and other experience-based learning approaches. (Instruction takes place in both English and Spanish.)

You can learn more about the allure of international MBA program options by reading our consultant advice: Why US Applicants Should Consider MBA Programs Abroad.

IESE is looking for MBA applicants with academic ability, personal drive, and confidence. Also, your IESE MBA application should include leadership, work experience, and an international outlook.

Make sure you show you have excellent communication skills, a team player mentality, and strong values. As you draft your IESE MBA essays, remember to weave these attributes into your MBA application.

Curious about your chances of getting into a top B-school? Contact us to talk strategy with a free 15-minute advising session with an SBC Principal Consultant.

Career Goals Essay
What are your short-term and mid-term post-MBA goals? How will the IESE MBA program help you achieve them? (word limit 300 max)
Essay two focuses specifically on your short and mid-term career goals and why IESE. The admissions committee can see your resume within the application, so this essay should give the background of who you are and why you have made your choices. Think about one or two pivotal career moments you may want to explore.

Ideally, your experiences have led to a career goal that you can describe clearly in both the short and mid term. In other words, be specific. For example, if you want to go into venture capital after graduation, talk about the industry you would like to focus on. Then, discuss what progress you envision after five to eight years in venture capital. What level will you be and where will you focus? Consider if you want to experience different industries or firms in the first several years after your MBA graduation.

Finally, you should explain why an MBA is your next step. What will you learn in the IESE MBA program to complement your work experiences? Will your classmates and the environment benefit from your expertise? Specific classes and professors are always useful details to add.

Optional Essay
What would you like to highlight about yourself or your journey which may have not been captured in your application? (word limit 300 max)
This optional essay is entirely open-ended and allows you to explain anything additional. Therefore, think about the stories you could tell about your background and questions to describe your journey.

If you focused on your career in the previous questions, this is a great essay to tell a personal story. For example, you could describe your background and motivations that have led to your accomplishments. Or, you could discuss a challenge in your life that has built character and impacted your life journey. Finally, make sure to include specific details to strengthen your story.

Also, to track this essay to the IESE MBA criteria, you could use this space to demonstrate that you have personal drive, an international outlook, and strong values.

To learn more about the admissions process at IESE, please visit the school website.

Stacy Blackman Consulting offers multiple services to meet your MBA application needs, from our All-In Partnership to test prep to hourly help with targeted tasks. Contact us today for a free 15-minute advising session to talk strategy with a Principal SBC consultant. Here’s a snapshot of the caliber of expertise on our SBC team.

The post Tuesday Tips: IESE MBA Essays and Tips for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
Tuesday Tips: Oxford MBA Application Essay Tips for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: Tuesday Tips: Oxford MBA Application Essay Tips for 2023-2024

Are you currently working on your Oxford MBA application? The highly ranked one-year Saïd at Oxford MBA program exposes students to an international, diverse network at a world-class institution. For that reason, Oxford seeks engaged students and mature leaders with extensive work experience.

In addition to attending virtual information sessions and visiting the school, a great way to learn about the Oxford MBA is by reading student blogs. You’ll notice that there is a strong culture of improving the world. In fact, this emphasis on making the world a better place comes through clearly in this set of Oxford MBA application essays. Conveying your deeper purpose is a core motivator for a successful applicant.

Above all, Oxford states, “the admissions committee will be looking for evidence of the following: good communication skills, leadership potential, analytical skills, fit with the Oxford MBA community.”

Curious about your chances of getting into a top B-school? Contact us to talk strategy with a free 15-minute advising session with an SBC Principal Consultant.

The Oxford MBA Application
Supporting Statement: Tell us something that is not covered in your application which you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you. (Maximum 250 words)
This Oxford MBA application essay is open-ended. Therefore, it allows you to cover almost any topic that you think needs more clarification. Perhaps you want to describe something about your personal background. On the other hand, you might want to describe a leadership role in a volunteer role.

In addition, it’s possible to use this essay to further emphasize your career goals.  Consider sharing information about your international experience if applicable. Oxford is looking for maturity, leadership, and diversity in applicants. Accordingly, this essay is an opportunity to show these qualities.

Once you have chosen a topic for this Oxford MBA application essay, you will want to explain yourself clearly. With only 250 words, you should make sure to use precise language and examples. Specific examples will help the admissions committee understand you better. For example, you might describe a volunteer accomplishment. To do so, describe who was there, what you accomplished, and how you felt about it.

If you are applying under the Oxford 1+1 MBA scheme, you also need to submit the following essay:

Explain why you see this as particularly beneficial for you and how it fits with your career and personal development aims. (Maximum 250 words)
The Oxford 1+1 MBA provides a unique experience. You can study business for one year and spend the other year studying topics from African Studies to Water Science, Policy, and Management.

Successful applicants will show why they have a good reason to study both. Consider your career goals and how a well-rounded course may help you. In addition, focus on long-term goals and consider how deep knowledge in a master’s topic could provide perspective.

This Oxford MBA application essay is asking “Why 1+1,” and you will need a clear answer. Therefore, extensive program research will help you answer the question thoroughly. To conduct your research, consider contacting current or former students, as well as alumni or faculty. Make sure you have well-researched questions to ask of them and focus on your interests and goals.

Re-applicants will need to submit an additional essay as below:

What improvements have you made in your candidacy since you last applied to the Oxford MBA? (Maximum 250 words)
It’s easy to answer questions like this one when you have improved scores. However, even if your improvements are less tangible, this essay allows you to express them.

First, consider what you have learned since you last applied. Second, think about any advancements at work. Third, review your outside activities for any leadership experiences. Once you have reviewed the recent developments, describe them briefly in this essay. Finally, make sure to explain why you are a stronger candidate.

To learn more about the Oxford MBA application process, visit the Oxford Saïd website.

Stacy Blackman Consulting offers multiple services to meet your MBA application needs, from our All-In Partnership to test prep to hourly help with targeted tasks. Contact us today for a free 15-minute advising session to talk strategy with a Principal SBC consultant. Here’s a snapshot of the caliber of expertise on our SBC team.

The post Tuesday Tips: Oxford MBA Application Essay Tips for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
Tuesday Tips: HEC Paris Essays and Tips for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: Tuesday Tips: HEC Paris Essays and Tips for 2023-2024

HEC Paris essays focus on your ethics and values. A fantastic location in Paris and a robust leadership education distinguish the HEC MBA. HEC Paris boasts a high number of CEOs in its alumni community. Another distinction is an entrepreneurial spirit. HEC Paris consistently ranks as one of the top MBA programs in the world.

If your life and career are based in Europe, HEC is worth a closer look. And, even if you are primarily United States-based, consider adding a European MBA program to your list.

Listen to B-Schooled Podcast #64: European MBA Programs FAQs to hear one of Stacy Blackman Consulting’s European MBA experts answer frequently asked questions about MBA programs outside of the US.

HEC Paris Essays
Essay 1: Why are you applying to the HEC MBA Program now? What is the professional objective that will guide your career choice after your MBA, and how will the HEC MBA contribute to the achievement of this objective? (500 words max.)
Describing your career goals is the first task in this HEC Paris essay. Also, why now is the right time for an MBA, and why HEC Paris is your choice. Also, you will want to explain past experiences, but avoid reciting your resume. In addition, think about the critical moments in your career that can highlight your skills.

Focus on some mini-stories to tell. Then, you can explain your career choice with specifics. Within which industry do you want to work? What will be your function (marketing or finance, for example)? Do you have any desires for location and aspirations to impact the global economy?

HEC Paris has successfully assisted its students with career changes and entrepreneurial dreams. If you are looking for a new career after your MBA, HEC may be the perfect place. Thorough school research will help you make the case to the admissions committee. Also, you should explain the classes, professors, and student activities that will help you achieve your goals.

Essay 2: What do you consider your most significant life achievement? (250 words max.)
HEC Paris is looking for leaders. In the second of the HEC Paris essays, describe an experience demonstrating leadership. Consider that there is no time limit to this essay. For instance, you could explore something formative that happened to you as a teenager or an achievement from last week. Also, consider an accomplishment that demonstrates who you are when selecting an example. It should showcase a moment that changed the course of your life.

For example, perhaps you were given an assignment at work that was beyond your capabilities. That experience may have taught you how to leverage the expertise of a team. Or, it may have forced you to research and learn on your own. Think about the achievements that stretched your abilities and taught you the most. A leadership example can also show how you helped a team achieve its best work.

Essay 3: Leadership and ethics are inevitably intertwined in the business world. Describe a situation in which you have dealt with these issues and how they have influenced you. (250 words max.)
Because ethics are so important, the third in this set of HEC Paris essays focuses on this issue. As a future leader, ethics can determine how well your company performs. When you look at the devastating results of the 2008 financial crisis, or recent security breaches at major tech companies, it is clear that ethics can influence business.

You have likely encountered colleagues or leaders who did not adhere to ethical behavior during your career. When you have come across a moral dilemma, how did you handle it? Explain the situation, how you felt, what you did, and the outcome. Ideally, you have learned a lesson as a result of the experience. Finally, consider your overall approach to leadership and ethics.

Essay 4: Imagine a life entirely different from the one you now lead. What would it be? (250 words max.)
This HEC Paris essay is a creative way to explore your character and core personality. When you think about the opposite of who you are today, it shows how you view yourself. Where would a person leading an entirely different life live? What career would they pursue? What would be their family responsibilities? Ask your friends and family what they think as a thought starter.

Describe this alternative life with as many specifics as possible, and use the exercise to clarify your core values.

Essay 5: Please choose from one of the following essays, 250 words max.:
a) What monument or site would you advise a first-time visitor to your country or city to discover, and why?
b) Certain books, movies, or plays have had an international success that you believe undeserved. Choose an example and analyze it.
c) What figure do you most admire and why? You may choose from any field (arts, literature, politics, business, etc.)
Of all the HEC Paris essays, this one provides options to share your strong opinions and personality with the admissions committee. For instance, you can choose to describe your country or city, discuss an art piece, or a leader you admire. Honestly, any of the choices can showcase an aspect of your personality. Overall, the goal is to differentiate yourself.

Consider the best option for your unique background. For example, if you live in a small country or city rarely visited by tourists, describe a monument or site. In this way, using the essay to describe your city or country can further explain your background.

On the other hand, if you choose a public figure you admire, you could explore your leadership ideas. Or, perhaps you admire persistence, overcoming obstacles, or helping others. Use those ideas to explore your core values. Finally, whichever option you choose, get personal!

Essay 6 (Optional): Is there any additional information you would like to share with us? (900 words max.)
This HEC Paris essay gives you space to describe any additional information you would like to provide to the admissions committee. Generally, optional essays are for any confusing or concerning information in your application. In this case, you may also use this essay to provide positive details.

You may have a story about leadership or another achievement you would like to highlight. If so, this is a place to tell that story. If you have described your core values in any of the above, you may be able to reinforce that story with this essay.

This is the essay to use if you need to explain an academic issue, low GMAT, recommender issue, or gap in work experience. It is far better to clarify any problems in your application than to leave the admissions committee to guess what happened. Briefly explain your issue and focus most of the essay on the correction employed.

For example, if you had a low grade in a quantitative course in college, spend most of the essay describing how you have shown academic promise since then, rather than focusing on the negative. Avoid blaming anyone else for your issue. Instead, explain why this one incident is in your past and will stay there.

You may skip this essay if you do not have another story to tell or an incident in the past to explain. Remember that it is optional.

For more details on the HEC Paris essays and application requirements, please visit the HEC Paris website.

The post Tuesday Tips: HEC Paris Essays and Tips for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
B-Schooled Podcast Episode #174: Why an MBA? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: B-Schooled Podcast Episode #174: Why an MBA?

In this episode of B-Schooled, we cover why it’s so important to clearly convey the reasons you are pursuing business school. What will an MBA help you achieve that you couldn’t otherwise accomplish? Even though many programs don’t specifically ask this question, that doesn’t mean applicants shouldn’t be prepared with a strong answer.

Other topics covered include:

• Common reasons for pursuing an MBA

• Four candidate types that need to ensure they have clear reasons for wanting the degree

• Reasons for wanting an MBA that you should probably not mention in your materials

Listen to B-Schooled episode #174 here or on any of the podcast apps listed below.

B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:
Apple Podcasts

Spotify

Stitcher

TuneIn

Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email podcast@stacyblackman.com. We’d love to hear from you!

The post B-Schooled Podcast Episode #174: Why an MBA? appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
Harvard Tops Fortune MBA Rankings in 2023 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: Harvard Tops Fortune MBA Rankings in 2023

The folks at Fortune Education recently released their third list of Fortune MBA rankings of the best business schools in 2023, and to no one’s surprise, the HBS/GSB/Wharton trifecta strikes again. Below are the top 15 B-schools and the median base salary of new grads.

Business School Ranking/ Starting Salary
  • Harvard Business School- $175,000
  • Stanford Graduate School of Business- $175,000
  • Wharton School at University of Pennsylvania- $175,000
  • Yale School of Management- $160,110
  • Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University- $165,000
  • Columbia Business School- $175,000
  • University of Chicago Booth School of Business- $175,000
  • MIT Sloan School of Management- $165,000
  • NYU Stern School of Business- $170,000
  • University of Michigan Ross School of Business- $165,000
  • Fuqua School of Business at Duke University- $160,055
  • Cornell’s SC Johnson Graduate School of Management- $165,000
  • UVA Darden School of Business- $175,000
  • UC Berkeley Haas School of Business- $155,000
  • Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business- $175,000
Methodology for the Fortune MBA Rankings
For the 2023 list, Fortune says it ranked 81 programs based on three components: Outcome Score, Brand Score, and Fortune 1000 Score. Here’s how they break down the evaluation process:

Performance Rating (65%)
  • Heavy emphasis on starting salaries
  • Equal importance given to median and mean base salaries of MBA Class of 2022 grads
  • Did not consider additional enticements, such as signing bonuses
  • Did consider employment rates three months post-graduation
Reputation Score (25%)
  • Partnered with Ipsos to survey 2,500 hiring managers/business professionals to gather their perspectives on specific business schools.
  • Focus was to evaluate brand reputation, including aspects that go beyond their full-time MBA programs
  • Survey participants hold executive roles within corporations, have advanced education, and are familiar with at least two of the schools included in Fortune’s selection.
  • The resulting score indicated a business school’s Attitudinal Equity (AE) measurement. According to Ipsos, this metric gauges “the level of interest a group of individuals has in recruiting from a particular university. It reflects the university’s presence in people’s minds.”
Fortune 1000 Assessment (10%)
  • Focused on identifying schools with a well-established track record of nurturing future business leaders.
  • Examined the number of MBA alums from each school in C-suite roles within Fortune 1000 companies.
  • Higher representation of MBA graduates in Fortune 1000 C-level positions translated to a higher Fortune 1000 Assessment score.
Ratings can be a helpful starting point in the school selection process. But they aren’t everything. We advise our clients to pick MBA programs based on what will add value to their careers and life. We encourage our clients to research each MBA program to derive a strong belief in why that brand is meaningful to them. Prospective students would do well to focus more on each program’s culture, size, or the strength of its alumni network.

If you’re thinking about business school, you should decide the factors that will play a role in where you apply. Consider cost, location, program specialties, faculty’s areas of expertise, and so on. Keep these factors in mind as you research specific programs. This will help you home in on the ones that fit you best.

Stacy Blackman Consulting offers multiple services to meet your needs, from our All-In Partnership to test prep to hourly help with targeted tasks. Contact us today for a free 15-minute advising session to talk strategy with a Principal SBC consultant. Here’s a snapshot of the caliber of expertise on our SBC team.

The post Harvard Tops Fortune MBA Rankings in 2023 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
Tuesday Tips: Kenan-Flagler Application Essay Tips for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: Tuesday Tips: Kenan-Flagler Application Essay Tips for 2023-2024

The UNC Kenan-Flagler application essay questions focus on learning more about you. At UNC, a world-class university offers resources beyond the MBA program. The Research Triangle region is home to global corporations as well as startups, small and midsized firms, and nonprofits. In Raleigh alone, you’ll find more than 500 startups spanning sectors such as software, automated marketing, life sciences, consumer packaged goods, media/design, and IoT device manufacturers.

There are several global immersion opportunities with each program at UNC Kenan-Flagler. Also, students love the environment in Chapel Hill; it’s a beautiful and lively college town. Celebrated for its temperate climate, flourishing foodie scene, and friendly locals, the Triangle offers UNC MBA students a vibrant atmosphere without the urban grind.

UNC Kenan-Flagler Application Essays
From the admissions committee: You’ll respond to two required essay questions and one optional question. Your responses should be concise, clear, and introspective, as we’ll use them to learn more about you, your motivations, and your aspirations.

Required Essay 1
Your response should be no longer than 500 words and should address the following questions:

What are your immediate career goals and how will you benefit from earning an MBA at Kenan-Flagler Business School?
As the business world continues to evolve, circumstances can change and guide you in a different direction. Should the goals that you provided above not transpire, what other opportunities would you explore?
This first essay in the Kenan-Flagler application asks a primary career goals question and a “Plan B.” Knowing yourself is the best first step in this essay. What has your career taught you, both in hard skills and soft skills? How have leadership opportunities grown your perspective? Think about the experiences of your work life. And what you have learned about yourself.

Then, describe your short-term career goals. As a program, UNC provides individual career guidance and has a recruiter focus. Therefore, realistic career goals help the admissions committee imagine you at UNC. Finally, show a clear link between your career goals and your MBA. What skills will you gain from classes and clubs to bring to your post-MBA job?

Everyone’s life takes twists and turns. And, often, your path takes you in another direction. For that reason, this essay also asks about your Plan B. To answer the question, consider how your experience and MBA can apply to different goals.

For example, your Plan A is to work in consulting and then transition to a strategy role at a CPG firm. If you cannot land that job, you could look for in-house strategy roles to gain experience. Or, you could work in a different kind of professional services firm, such as marketing research. Finally, as long as you focus on the type of work that appeals to you and the roles that fit, you will find the right path.

Required Essay 2
Your response should be no longer than 500 words and should address the following question:

Reflect on a project or initiative you were involved in that had a significant positive impact on a community, organization, or individual. How did this experience shape your sense of responsibility as a future leader dedicated to making a difference in the world?
Like most schools, UNC Kenan-Flagler focuses on inclusive leadership and impact leadership, specifically making a difference in the world. Thoughtful and nuanced leadership is vital to your UNC MBA application. That means showing that you are empathetic and understanding. Even if you are not a leader now, you can positively impact those around you. For this essay, you are asked to describe a time when you had that positive impact on a community, an organization or an individual.

Consider using the STAR method for this essay. In the STAR method, you will first describe the Situation, which is the background to the story. Think about where you were working and volunteering, and with what group of people or individuals. Then, you will describe the Task. Think about the Task as the goal you were trying to accomplish. The third part is the Action you took. Here you should be specific about what you thought, said, and did in the situation. Finally, the Result. What happened, and how did everyone feel about it?

Finally, this essay asks you to reflect upon the experience and how it has shaped your sense of responsibility as a future leader. Consider the impact you had and how you felt about it. Ideally, you have already demonstrated a desire to make a difference, and you have the basic ability to do so.

You will also learn more about leadership in your MBA program, and you could write about some of those leadership skills you plan to hone in this essay. As always, be specific and identify programs and professors you are excited to learn from.

Optional Essay
We encourage you to tell us more about who you are so we can get to know you as a person and potential member of the Carolina community. Use this essay to convey information that you may not have otherwise been able to in the application. Your response should be no longer than 200 words.
Optional topics:
  • Personal or professional accomplishments
  • Interests and passions
  • Gaps in work experience or inconsistent academic performance
  • Context for recommender selection
  • A fun fact about yourself
This Kenan-Flagler optional application allows you to discuss either areas of concern or personal topics.

First, identify any gaps in your overall application. Then, consider if you need to explain those gaps. For example, if you do not have the required classes listed, you may have learned the same topics at work. Or consider registering for continuing education classes. Finally, substantial work experience can help offset poor academics. Or, explain that you have taken courses since undergrad and received high grades.

If you do not have any significant resume or application gaps, you can use this essay to focus on a personal topic. Consider describing a noteworthy professional accomplishment. Or, explain a personal achievement of which you are proud. If you tell a personal story, use specific examples to make the story stand out. Consider why the accomplishment was remarkable and what you learned from the experience.

Reapplicant Essay
If you are re-applying to the program, we appreciate your continued interest in UNC Kenan-Flagler. We require a complete application in addition to a brief essay (100 words or less) that describes how your application differs from your previous submission and that alerts us to new test scores, a recent promotion, or other areas that demonstrate how you have strengthened your candidacy.
The Kenan-Flagler application requires re-applicants to complete all of the required essays. You should take 100 words to describe what has changed since your last application. Also, ideas for this essay include updates like a promotion or a new job.

If you don’t have a resume change, consider updates like a change in career focus. Or, you may have learned new skills in other ways, such as in a stretch project at work. Overall, this is your chance to show you are a stronger candidate now than last year.

Finally, to learn more about the Kenan-Flagler UNC MBA program, please visit the school website.

The post Tuesday Tips: Kenan-Flagler Application Essay Tips for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
B-Schooled Podcast Episode #175: Clear, Consistent, Cohesive MBA Appli [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: B-Schooled Podcast Episode #175: Clear, Consistent, Cohesive MBA Applications

On this B-Schooled podcast, we spend a lot of time diving into different elements of your MBA application: essays, recommendations, scores, grades, and so many other things. But it is also critically important—especially as you near the end of your application process—to take a step back to review all these different elements of your application to make sure that they fit together as a cohesive whole.

Think about these different application elements as chapters in a book. While you want each chapter to be compelling in its own stand-alone way – your MAIN GOAL is for these different pieces to function together as an OVERALL NARRATIVE about you, who you are, what your goals are, and what you will bring to the school and to the world after graduation.

To that end, this podcast offers specific tips to help make your overall application narrative as compelling as possible, including:

• Working through a “story mapping” exercise before you start your application
  • Forcing yourself to think through—and pressure test—your short and long-term goals EARLY in your application process
  • Creating your own “MBA soundbite”
  • Stepping back and reading each element of your application and thinking carefully about how they fit together, including:
    • Your resume
    • Your essays
    • Your recommendations
    • Your data forms
    • Your MBA interview prep
Finally, think about how all of these elements interact with each other to create a clear, consistent, and cohesive narrative—while also making sure that you are as bold, vulnerable, and authentic as possible.

This B-Schooled episode can be found here, or take a listen on any of the podcast platforms below.

B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:
Apple Podcasts

Spotify

Stitcher

TuneIn

Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email podcast@stacyblackman.com. We’d love to hear from you!

The post B-Schooled Podcast Episode #175: Clear, Consistent, Cohesive MBA Applications appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
Kellogg MBA Program: Get the Inside Scoop [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: Kellogg MBA Program: Get the Inside Scoop
[img]https://www.stacyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/Kellogg-Global-Hub-02-1500x1000.png[/img]

Northwestern University’s [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/mba-application-advice/]Kellogg School of Management[/url] is a top-choice program for many SBC clients. That’s why we’re thrilled to have [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/consultant/beth/]Beth[/url], the former director of full-time admissions for Kellogg, on our MBA consulting team. Today, we’ll spill all the deets on Kellogg’s curriculum, culture, and admissions practices that Beth shared previously on the B-Schooled podcast. As someone who led the team responsible for reading applications, interviewing candidates, and making admit decisions for the two-year, one-year, MMM, and JD-MBA programs, there’s no one better to shed light on what it takes to get into the Kellogg MBA program.

[b]Curious about your chances of getting into a top B-school? [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/contact/]Contact us[/url] to talk strategy with a free 15-minute advising session with an SBC Principal Consultant.[/b]

[img]https://www.stacyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/Kellogg-Global-Hub-2-1-734x490.jpg[/img]

Questions and answers have been edited and condensed for clarity.
Q: What makes Kellogg unique overall?
Kellogg differs from other schools because it offers multiple programs to get an MBA. First, you have the traditional two-year program with about 475-500 students. But then, for over 50 years, Kellogg has had a one-year program that many people don’t know about. Or they imagine it’s an accelerated program, which it’s not.

It’s more intended for people who got a business degree in undergrad and have had experience with business classes like statistics, economics, and marketing operations, and they want to accelerate directly into the electives. They don’t want to go back to 101-level courses.

The one-year class is interesting. It’s about 130 people and starts in June, so they have that nice Chicago summer together as a smaller cohort. And then the two-year class returns and it’s all folded together in the fall.

The MMM is a cohort of 60, and if you talk to an alum who’s a decade out of school, they remember it as an engineering program. But in 2014, Kellogg revamped the entire curriculum, and it’s now a dual degree with the Siegel Design Institute at Northwestern. It’s fantastic for people who want to focus on design thinking skills and attracts people from all different backgrounds—consulting, tech, healthcare, and more.

The three-year combined JD-MBA is much smaller—usually around 25 people—and that’s in conjunction with the Pritzker School of Law. So, all these students are together in the same classrooms, learning from the same professors and doing group projects.

Then there’s the new MBAi program that explores how artificial intelligence and machine learning are exploding right now in the business world. The programs may start on different schedules, but you get all these different perspectives and backgrounds mixed together during your time at Kellogg.

Q: Are there any misconceptions about the Kellogg MBA program you want to clear up?
The persistent misconception is that Kellogg is primarily a marketing school. There are so many areas you can pursue! Kellogg has great resources for entrepreneurs, social impact, health care, real estate, etc. The most significant job placement out of Kellogg right now is consulting, with almost 40% of the class. Next, roughly 26% went into tech jobs, and only 8% went into traditional CPG roles.

Several schools in the top 10 are viewed as “the finance schools,” but in working with applicants over the years, some people find it very strategic to apply to Kellogg to pursue finance or private equity. Since it’s a smaller aspect of the program, they get lots of attention from professors, and top firms from across the country still come to recruit at Kellogg. And the alumni network is heavily engaged with finance.

[img]https://www.stacyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/Kellogg-Global-Hub-734x513.jpg[/img]

The final misperception would frequently be related to geography. Perhaps there’s an idea that if you come to Chicago for business school, that’s where you’ll land long-term. But a big percentage of Kellogg’s grads go to New York and California. About 21% of 2022 graduates went to the East Coast, and 32% went to the West Coast.

Q: How does the Kellogg Admissions Committee assess applicants?
The admissions team reviews applicants holistically. They’re going to look at your resume to see your career progression. Have you gotten a couple of promotions? Are you on track or ahead of your peers in terms of advancement? They are going to consider your career goals and your career focus. Do you have an idea in mind of where you’re headed?

It’s never a contract. You don’t have to achieve that goal ten years down the road. But they want to make sure you’ve thought about why you want an MBA and how Kellogg will help launch you in the direction you’re headed.

They’re also going to be looking for interpersonal skills. We’ve talked about how there’s a lot of leadership, teamwork, and collaboration happening in the Kellogg MBA program. You may already bring those skills, as demonstrated through sports teams or consulting.

Or maybe you’re someone at the other end of the spectrum saying, “I haven’t had that experience. And that’s exactly why Kellogg is right for me because I want to build those skills and experiences.”

They’re looking for a strong intellect through your grades and test scores. And they’re looking for that passion for Kellogg, really the fit. Have you done your research into the program? Do you seem genuinely interested in Kellogg as your top choice school?

[img]https://www.stacyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/thought-catalog-UK78i6vK3sc-unsplash-1-1500x1000.jpg[/img]

Q: What is the Kellogg AdCom looking for in the MBA essays?
I advise clients to brainstorm meaningful stories and examples the admissions committee cannot see from their resumes. So, talk about a few experiences with family, friends, or personal struggles that shaped you into who you are today. This is where people often write about their parents’ influence, upbringing, or childhood experience. This is an essay that should be unique and authentic for each applicant. And my biggest challenge with clients about the essays is nudging them to open up and get more personal.

Read [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/blog/northwestern-kellogg-school-mba-essay-tips/]SBC’s expert tips[/url] for the 2023-2024 Kellogg MBA essay questions

[b]And the video questions?[/b]
As of last season, applicants knew two of the video questions in advance and got one surprise question. Kellogg’s been tweaking the questions a bit each cycle, and last year, the first question was to introduce yourself. We don’t know what the video questions are this year because they will only appear after applicants submit all their other materials and payment.

If Kellogg asks applicants to introduce themselves this season, my advice is: Don’t repeat your resume.

Remember, they just read your whole application file. Now, you can breeze through your background to highlight something more personal, fun, or unique. You only have 60 seconds here. So, just a couple of nuggets that might be memorable about your interests would fill the bill of “introduce yourself.”

Since there isn’t a written essay question that asks, “Why Kellogg?” the video essay is often a good place to display your depth of research into the program. You can talk about how you plan to get involved, your career goals, and why Kellogg is the ideal program for you.

I know the videos create stress for the applicants, but they’re a great feature for the AdCom. You spend 15-20 minutes reading about a person on paper, and there’s just something humanizing about watching the videos. And the videos are always reviewed last, so they’re not a deal breaker if you cough, if a cat jumps onto your keyboard (which is a true story), or if you get tongue-tied on a word. Keep going, record your videos confidently, and realize that they are just part of what the AdCom at the Kellogg MBA program is learning about you.

[img]https://www.stacyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/Kellogg-School-of-Management-734x482.jpg[/img]

Q: Do you have any tips or insights about the Kellogg interview process?
Kellogg handles interviews differently from most other top business schools in that they try to interview almost everyone. People should expect a behavioral interview with many of the standard questions to get more clarity about why an MBA, why Kellogg, your career to date, and your career goals.

And the interview should be very conversational. It’s a chance to explain yourself and your background in more detail than the written materials. Often, they’re checking for maturity, your presence, and the elusive fit vibe. Basically, that means they’re thinking, would you be a good teammate?

If someone has an off day and thinks they tanked their interview, it won’t necessarily ruin their chances. Again, Kellogg reviews applications holistically. So, strong written materials, a great resume, solid essay responses, positive letters of recommendation—all those things will be factored in.

The impact if you have a “bad” interview might be different at Kellogg than other programs because they are seeing hundreds more interview reports than other schools. The interview is truly just one part of the review process.

Listen to Beth and Erika’s conversation on [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/blog/b-schooled-podcast-episode-86-spotlight-on-kellogg-school-of-management/]B-Schooled Podcast #86[/url]: Spotlight on Kellogg School of Management

Q: What do students do outside of class for fun?
To have the full Kellogg experience, you’re going to be heavily engaged in student clubs. Students partner with the administration across the board in leadership roles. There are over 100 student clubs, and students form new clubs each year. You’ll find professional clubs for people looking to go into consulting, marketing, data analytics, finance, FinTech, real estate, etc. All those professional readiness recruiting clubs are very popular.

There are also geographic clubs, like the Africa Club, the Canada Club, and the European Business Club. And then there are the affinity clubs, such as Pride at Kellogg, the Black Management Association, the Veterans Association, the Women’s Business Association, and the Hispanic Business Association. And then, of course, you have the social clubs, like sports and fitness, things for foodies, the wine club, and the cleverly-named the Brew and Q Club for people who like beers and barbecue.

But I also really like the conference schedule that Kellogg students put on. There’s the healthcare conference, the Black Management Association conference, the real estate conference, and the marketing conference. Students gain so much leadership experience and real-world knowledge from the multiple leadership roles that they take on. It’s such an opportunity to grow as an individual, to make mistakes and learn from them without any devastating consequences.

Beyond the campus, there’s a whole host of leisure and entertainment possibilities. Kellogg is in Evanston, directly on Lake Michigan, with beaches for sailing and a running biking path along the lakefront with the Northwestern campus.

[img]https://www.stacyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/Evanston_IL_Aerial_View-Kellogg-1500x1000.jpg[/img]

Evanston has a college town vibe, many coffee shops, great restaurants, and easily walkable. But 30 minutes away is downtown Chicago. For students who want to go to world-class museums, out to Michelin-star restaurants, attend a professional sports event, or see major concerts, all of that is available in Chicago.

Q: What advice would you give anybody applying to the Kellogg MBA program this year?
I would advise applicants to reach out to current students they may know or connect with them via Kellogg’s listing of club leadership online. Do your research and visit the campus if possible. And if you can’t visit, be sure to look at their schedule of live virtual events hosted by different clubs on campus.

You can get more insight from the admissions committee about what they’re looking for in applicants. Maybe you’re interested in a particular perspective, like an international student panel or the women’s in business panel, or you’d like to hear from an alum in your field. But my advice is to talk to some real-life people in the Kellogg community to get yourself up to speed.

Thank you, Beth, for sharing your insights into the Kellogg MBA program and its many strengths! To learn more about the program, please visit the Kellogg School of Management [url=https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/]website[/url].

Stacy Blackman Consulting offers multiple services to meet your needs, from our [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/comprehensive-services/]All-In Partnership[/url] to test prep to hourly help with targeted tasks. Contact us today for a [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/contact/]free 15-minute advising session[/url] to talk strategy with a Principal SBC consultant. Here’s a snapshot of the caliber of expertise on [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/about/mba-admissions-consulting-team/]our SBC team[/url].

[img]https://www.stacyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/SBC-consultants-Kellogg.png[/img]

The post [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com/blog/kellogg-mba-program-inside-scoop/]Kellogg MBA Program: Get the Inside Scoop[/url] appeared first on [url=https://www.stacyblackman.com]Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting[/url].
Send PM
The Best MBA Admissions Questions [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: The Best MBA Admissions Questions

Before you apply to business school, step one in the process is to do your research. The MBA experience is a life-changing and expensive endeavor. That’s why it’s so vital to do your due diligence to come up with a target school list. While many top 20 programs discourage interaction between applicants and admissions, that isn’t the only way to get your burning MBA admissions questions answered.

SBC Principal Consultant Esther Magna recently spoke with Bschools.org to share insights into how prospective applicants can gather the intel they need to make informed decisions about their MBA plans.

Esther urges clients to ask genuine questions that show a candidate is open to feedback and has done their research. “If a candidate is approaching admissions, the best questions to ask are ones that allow the admissions expert, who has likely seen thousands of success stories and also dinged applicants over the years, to give honest feedback,” she advises.

“Good questions might include ‘What do you think of my profile based on a resume scan? What do you think of my strengths? Are there gaps, and what are they? And how does that map to the admitted student profile? What’s your stream-of-consciousness reaction to my profile?’”

Get the Scoop
Esther evaluates up to 800 MBA candidate profiles annually, assessing fit and advising on crafting compelling and strategic stories. To continue reading her expert tips on the types of questions to ask before applying, whom to ask MBA admissions questions, and what to ask during the interview, hop over to the original article on bschools.org.

Stacy Blackman Consulting offers multiple services to meet your needs, from our All-In Partnership to test prep to hourly help with targeted tasks. Contact us today for a free 15-minute advising session to talk strategy with a Principal SBC consultant. Meanwhile, here’s a snapshot of the caliber of expertise on our SBC team.

The post The Best MBA Admissions Questions appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
Send PM
USC Marshall Application Essays for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
FROM Stacy Blackman Consulting Blog: USC Marshall Application Essays for 2023-2024

Are you targeting the USC Marshall School of Business this year? The application for the full-time MBA program is now live, and the deadlines are here. Meanwhile, the USC Marshall application essays remain unchanged for the 2023-2024 admissions season.

Essay #1 (Required)
What is your specific, immediate short-term career goal upon completion of your MBA? Please include an intended position, function, and industry in your response. (word limit: 100)

Essay #2 (Required)
Please draft a letter that begins with “Dear Admissions Committee” (word limit: 600)

This letter is meant to be your personal statement that provides the Admissions Committee with an understanding of your candidacy for Marshall beyond what is evident in other parts of your application. This essay is purposely open-ended. You are free to express yourself in whatever way you see fit. Our goal is to have an appreciation for and an understanding of each candidate in ways that are not captured by test scores, grades, and resumes.

Essay #3 (Optional)
Please provide any additional information you would like the admissions committee to consider. (word limit: 250)

For more information on applying, please visit the USC Marshall admissions site.  If you need guidance on your USC Marshall application essays, or wish to discuss your MBA plans, reach out for a complimentary analysis of your candidacy. We’re here to help!

The post USC Marshall Application Essays for 2023-2024 appeared first on Stacy Blackman Consulting - MBA Admissions Consulting.
GMAT Club Bot
USC Marshall Application Essays for 2023-2024 [#permalink]
   1  ...  128   129   130   131   132  ...  139