Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 3.95
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Tips to Improve GMAT in 2nd attempt PLS [#permalink]
as fro you score you have some gap of improvement in quant sectio, i guess you missed few questions in quant or spend some extra time of some questions which may force you to skip few questions in quant. you can improve 40 points just pick up quant to reach to 51. for time management use the excel sheet which i have posted to improve time spec in quant and only one thing that can get you the target score.....never give up.....

give as many mock as possible and if possible go to any test centres or cyber cafe for mock as real test situation is what threatening you

try this this is really effective

and also give kudos to people to appreciate reply
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes, agree with the first poster about really honing in on the areas in which you need the most help. No need to waste time relearning what you already know. You should be able to tell from your practice test debriefs what areas you should focus on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

I need serious help !!! Need 550+ on GMAT . I gave my gmat yesterday and scored 450 .Initially when I used to give mock I used to get 550+ and yesterday all went wrong . I was stuck in few questions and didn't realize about the time and at the end went up guessing questions again and again .However,I am retaking my Gmat in 15 days can somebody suggest me some useful ways to score of 550+ atleast.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11667 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sumi1,

To start, I suggest that you start a new post thread (instead of piggy-backing on this one), so that the conversation can stay focused on your situation and questions. In that thread, you should provide more information on your studies, GMAT Score and goals. I'll be happy to offer advice and answer any questions that you have - and I'm sure that a number of the other Experts and Members will do the same.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sumi1 wrote:
Hi All,

I need serious help !!! Need 550+ on GMAT . I gave my gmat yesterday and scored 450 .Initially when I used to give mock I used to get 550+ and yesterday all went wrong . I was stuck in few questions and didn't realize about the time and at the end went up guessing questions again and again .However,I am retaking my Gmat in 15 days can somebody suggest me some useful ways to score of 550+ atleast.
Don't make any major changes at this stage. Focus on finishing the test without running out of time (a few questions not attempted or marked randomly should be fine for 550, but try to minimize the number of guesses). Make sure that you have a good timing strategy in place.

Although the OP is unlikely to mind your posting in this thread now, you could consider starting a new thread if you need more assistance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
karanj wrote:
Hi

No better forum than this to discuss probably. I gave the GMAT yesterday. Scored a 650 (Q47 V33). Extremely disappointed as the MGMAT CATS and GMAT PREP 1 were much more considerate. ( GMATPREP 730; MGMAT CATS - 640;690;730). Have scored better in Verbal (V42) in GMAT PREP. Not able to figure out what went wrong on the actual test.
Gearing up for a second attempt. Would really appreciate advice on how to improve this to more respectable 720+ otherwise I can kiss my MBA dreams goodbye.

The real problem with 2nd attempt is to find real GMAT questions. Genuine GMAT questions are few and thus most of the education companies keep on using the same or make some minor changes to it. Most of the students use all questions in the starting only. While in the second attempt, everyone practice on the questions which they have already seen. This is the biggest challenge, and that's why you see anomalies in the Mock and real scores.
GMAT Club Bot