Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Re: US Program vs. Insead (singapore campus)? [#permalink]
mbahopeful888 wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
mbahopeful888 wrote:
I would truly like to work in a position that requires me to frequently travel between the US and Asia (or heavy interaction with them). I truly want to use my cultural background to my advantage and work for an Asian company, or a company that has strong ties to Asia or has significant operations, but I am not looking to move to Asia completely. Are there career opportunities that would fit this objective of mine? Or am I just out of my mind?

bottom line - you want to work in the US and travel to Asia frequently.
If you don't want to move permanently to Asia, INSEAD S'pore would not make any sense. I'm yet to undergo recruiting, but I feel you would have a better chance of securing this position from a US B school. Would require some work though.

Thanks jumsumtak. So, what if now I say that I could move to Asia in the future, perhaps not immediately post-MBA? Would an MBA earned from a top US program be better than one earned from a school like Insead? In other words, if I want an MBA degree that is recognized or valuable in BOTH US and Asia, do you think a US program is still the better choice? Thank you again for your advice!

I'll stick to what I said. Landing a position in the US from INSEAD would not be very easy. Doable, but not easy. Additionally, your MBA brand starts to dilute after a few years in the job. Your best bet would be to get into the best US school, which has a solid brand in Asia, too. Having said that, if I were you, I would draw a line somewhere and switch to INSEAD/LBS after that. Some people draw that at top-5 and some do it at top-10. It's a pretty subjective call.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: HBS '18 (M$)
Send PM
I second jumsumtak.
Couldn't have summed it up any better.
GMAT Club Bot