Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 21:24 It is currently 12 May 2024, 21:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3675 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Veritas Prep Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 2955 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Re: Veritas prep course starts 5/5/14. What to do until then? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Great to hear that you'll be working with us, FIU! And it's also great that you have some time to ramp up ahead of time. Your book shipment and the initial information in your online account should list a lot of this, too, but I'd highly recommend that you begin with:

-Log in to your student account and click on the "Problem Sets" tab; there you'll be able to download e-book copies of all the books to get started even if your hard-copy books are in transit.

-Click on "Lessons On Demand" and you'll see that we have "Skillbuilder" videos to complement the Skillbuilder (optional) pre-class work.

-I highly, highly recommend that you at least browse the Skillbuilder lessons for Arithmetic, Algebra, Sentence Correction, and Geometry. Much of this content will be review for you, but since most students come in with at least a few rusty areas, these lessons and their accompanying drills are extremely helpful in getting back that muscle memory with fundamental content so that you're better able to grasp bigger-picture concepts and strategies when you're in the classroom with an instructor. You don't have to complete all of these lessons before the course starts, but if you have time it's a great way to kick-start your studies and be as prepared as possible to get maximum value out of the classroom work.

-In the "Homework Help" tab of your student account you'll see information about accessing our Live Online Office Hours service. I'd drop in on one of those just to check it out and introduce yourself to the team; two hours each day we offer those sessions for you to ask homework questions and solicit advice from instructors.

I hope that helps - we're excited to see you in class early next month!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Veritas prep course starts 5/5/14. What to do until then? [#permalink]