Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 01:40 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 01:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Wharton vs. Booth ($$$) vs. Kellogg ($$$) vs. Haas ($$$)

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72907 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72907 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Wharton vs. Booth ($$$) vs. Kellogg ($$$) vs. Haas ($$$) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If you’re planning to work for a few years after graduation, I don’t think it’s that critical for you to be right there in the bay area so I think the impact and importance of being on the West Coast with Berkeley is diminished. I don’t think Berkeley is a bad choice but I just mean that the value that the location brings is not necessarily there. You can always go to booth or Key Largo Wharton and work on the West Coast and plug into your bschools net work later. And by the way, nobody’s going to fund your company just because they went to the same business school you did…

It probably makes the most sense to focus on finding the best job when you graduate. Kellog is really strong with tech product management and product marketing. They have a great tech placement in addition to consulting and other opportunities.

Booth and the new venture challenge they have are interesting but it’s yet one more thing to do during an otherwise busy recruiting season. You will pitch your ideas to actual investors and it could be very valuable but it’s not like everyone gets unlimited access to investors or anything like that. If you win it, I think you have a good shot at networking but that relationship will last only so long unless you keep it engaged.

I feel that Wharton while the top name and definitely something you can throw around the board room, could be one of those things that could make all the difference or make no difference whatsoever. If you’re going to go into corporate tech recruiting, I see no big advantage that she would get with Wharton vs Kellogg or Booth that would be worth 100k for example.

I like booth or Kellogg. I feel there is plenty of safety and long-term brand strength. At the same time, I don’t think anyone would fsult you for picking Wharton or Haas.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Wharton vs. Booth ($$$) vs. Kellogg ($$$) vs. Haas ($$$) [#permalink]
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts