Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [4]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Wharton vs. INSEAD vs. Cornell ($$$$) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, you can do Period 4 or 5 at Wharton (or Kellogg) which aligns with recruitment timing

Posted from my mobile device
Masters of Science Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Send PM
Wharton vs. INSEAD vs. Cornell ($$$$) [#permalink]
Not sure how I ended up posting a blank message.

Anywho, I would leave towards Wharton or INSEAD.

Originally posted by FinanceMan on 11 May 2022, 09:32.
Last edited by FinanceMan on 11 May 2022, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [3]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Paying the INSEAD deposit is going to be expensive.

Recruiting in the US, is definitely possible for consulting unless you are a non-US person and you don’t have a work permit there. But if you’re not from the US and you don’t have a US work permit, I feel you would be in a very challenging position to recruit in the US because the US consulting salaries are so much higher that ideally everyone would love to recruit in the United States are but I don’t really see MBB going to Paris or Singapore to recruit folks for the US. Maybe I’m wrong and they have done this year? But my understanding is that those who get jobs in the US from Insead or actually US citizens and green card holders.

I do think that it’s possible to transfer after a few years and get transferred to one of the offices in the US however on a transfer visa which is usually fairly easy to get surprisingly. The key is to be able to find a transfer opportunity and do it a year or two after working.

It’s a tricky choice and kind of a bummer you don’t have anything in between these options. I guess another option could’ve been reapply next year….

Looking at the recruiting numbers for Johnson for the last year, they did fairly well with placement and based on your admit track record, I feel you would be at the top of the list for a number of recruiters and potentially give you a bit of an edge.

Keep in mind, management consulting recruiting is very selective. It’s also not the only job. You do have to go through a large number of interviews and it’s very easy to slip up in one of them. Not because you were bad but just all the personalities and the more you talk the greater the chance that someone will take things the wrong way.

Bottom line, if you have a US work permit and you don’t have a weird background that requires an internship, Insead would be very strong.

If you don’t have the US work permit and that is where you want to be in the long run, you can gamble on warden and potentially end up saving a decent amount of money with Johnson.

Your third option could perhaps be deferring to January intake. This hasn’t been an option in the past but in the last 12 months schools have been fairly generous and understanding with requests that are legitimate to defer to other intakes.

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
P.S. I replied on the phone and did not see you were not from the US.
I feel being from another culture makes it tough for internationals to get into consulting and connect with interviewers during the recruiting process, sometimes having a hard time to find the balance between being too humble and too immodest....

Ideally you would have something like Tuck or Fuqua or Kellogg as an option in your choice but unfortunately those are not in the cards.
My guess is that with INSEAD you would most likely have the best luck recruiting in Dubai. Not sure if that is an attractive option but with your background and skills it would be the most likely destination.... not a bad choice per se. London is another option of course. US would be easier if you have a work permit but tough otherwise.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
P.S. I replied on the phone and did not see you were not from the US.
I feel being from another culture makes it tough for internationals to get into consulting and connect with interviewers during the recruiting process, sometimes having a hard time to find the balance between being too humble and too immodest....

Ideally you would have something like Tuck or Fuqua or Kellogg as an option in your choice but unfortunately those are not in the cards.
My guess is that with INSEAD you would most likely have the best luck recruiting in Dubai. Not sure if that is an attractive option but with your background and skills it would be the most likely destination.... not a bad choice per se. London is another option of course. US would be easier if you have a work permit but tough otherwise.

I am actually an American citizen so the work permit shouldn't be an issue. Appreciate your thoughts thus far. I got some further clarity from INSEAD and actually have a full month to decide whether I want to attend or not. So there is some time to see if anything with Wharton materializes.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Awesome!

👍 in that case worth waiting for Wharton. When is the Johnson deadline or did you already pay the deposit?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Awesome!

👍 in that case worth waiting for Wharton. When is the Johnson deadline or did you already pay the deposit?

15th of June is the deposit deadline for Johnson. Issue is Wharton don't have to make a decision until late July.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts