Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
taking aim [#permalink]
I really hope you remember what is at stake and what you you stand to gain after getting a job post-MBA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
it takes both hard work and hard play, in my opinion.

I put in 20 hours studying this weekend. Ended Sunday with some time in the hot tubs drinking vodka with a splash of soda water for color for a few hours.

Set time goals and meet them, then enjoy some downtime so you can do it all again the next day.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
zakk wrote:
it takes both hard work and hard play, in my opinion.

I put in 20 hours studying this weekend. Ended Sunday with some time in the hot tubs drinking vodka with a splash of soda water for color for a few hours.

Set time goals and meet them, then enjoy some downtime so you can do it all again the next day.

Thats the way to do it...

I dont have a laptop...so tentative test center is my work place.... most of the time i doddle around, browse the forum. Usually at home i chill with TV.

however i am procrastinator... sleeping and day dreaming keeps me busy when i am stretching my cerebral muscles on Verbal.

FP
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ross Michigan
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: What do you do when you're too lazy to study? [#permalink]
paddyboy wrote:
1. Bust some alien @$$ on your playstation/xbox/wii/whatever you use.
2. post on gmatclub
3. chill out

This. Busting some @$$es (especially in PvP) helps me to get my stuff together for some reason.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
What do you do when you're too lazy to study? [#permalink]
I understand you, sometimes it is very difficult for me to focus. I start a timer for 25 minutes, and I try to learn all those 25 minutes without being distracted. When 25 minutes have passed, I take a break for 5 minutes and then again mark 25 minutes. helps me a lot. I also sometimes read essays click here other students, it helps me with inspiration and gives me more strength.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I just aply to professional services that make my work for me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I don't know what I suggest you.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
Set a time goals. I'll go light jogging with my dog to relax.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I just started college; 2nd semester, and studying is probably one of the harder things I've had to figure out. As someone else mentioned you could try rewarding yourself. I also make a schedule- like I'll say I'm studying for 30 minutes and then I'll stop, go get food or socialize etc, and get back to it. I've found the most productive studying happens when I give myself long ish breaks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
How to Overcome Laziness in studies?

I know most of you are lazy when it comes to so-called "Studies". You always try to avoid studying by wasting your time unless and until a time comes when you have no option but just to face it anyhow.

Frankly speaking, I also don't love studying because it doesn't create any interest or excitement to attract towards it.

So what's the solution to the most critical question "How to Overcome Laziness in studies?"

Not to be tensed more, here I will show you step by step ways to overcome laziness during studies.

First of all, you need to find time for "When" to Study. So our first step is as following,

"Study in the morning to overcome laziness"

It is been said when you study in the early morning then you don't feel too lazy to study.

That doesn't mean to wake up at 4 and start studying better to complete your sleep fully and wake up probably at 6:00 or 6:30 am.

Do all the morning activities and start your study from 7:30 to 8:00 am.

Try it for a month or two then see it really working or not. If you find it right and you are not feeling lazy during study then Bingo!!! you have made it.

If you don't, then try it for a more 3-4 month see the results again. You will definitely get somewhat improved in the result.

So, studying in the morning will also help you to overcome laziness.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
"Your location of studying"

Is it really matter on which place or location you are studying?. Well, it does, the surrounding atmosphere of yours plays a major role in your study.

Just tell me one thing, you will either love to study at the place which is near to the garbage or dumb.

Or you will love to study at the place where you are surrounded by all the natural greenery and a small beautiful sitting arrangement in between.

Definitely, 100% of us will choose the second option as simple as that.

Because somehow what you feel in you is indirectly connected with the work you do or which you are going to do.

If your surrounding is amazing and healthy then your laziness for the study will automatically reduce and will come to an end.

So, your location will also help you to overcome laziness while studying.

Originally posted by yashkshatriya21 on 01 Feb 2019, 07:53.
Last edited by yashkshatriya21 on 01 Feb 2019, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
"Body posture while studying"

What this actually means is that what's your posture of studying whether it's laying down on the bed, hanging on your sofa set, on chair or floor.

Whether you are on the bed or chair your body posture should be straight. (as shown in the picture)

Your back portion should be as straight as an arrow but not to put more effort on your back in order to make it straight. A slight bend matters very little.

By making it in your regular practice, you will automatically adjust yourself is such a posture without been forced by your brain.

This will also help you not to feel asleep while studying or any kind of gesture of being lazy.

So, Body posture will also make a little effort to overcome laziness while studying.

Originally posted by yashkshatriya21 on 01 Feb 2019, 07:55.
Last edited by yashkshatriya21 on 01 Feb 2019, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
"Study less but study smart"

Well continuously studying for 4-5 hours does make a sense rather than to count "How many hours did I study?" one should go for quality study. Better to study 2 hours than 4-5 hours but wisely and smartly.

Giving yourself a little break will also help you to overcome laziness in studying.

Take a break for 10-15 minutes then further continue studying. This will maintain a great deal of interest and long duration for studying.

Remember, don't just study so as to get marks in the examination. Learn something from it and see what changes you can make to improve your life more and better.

So study less study smart can also decrease your sleeplessness.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
"Connect study with some characters"

What this actually means is that,

If you feel that it's getting more and more boring just change your way of studying.

Make it as a story, assigning different characters to each of them accordingly which you wish to be.

Let me explain you in little deep,

suppose a little boy is studying numbers 1,2,3,4... in math and he is not loving it all.

So what to do in such a situation to make it more interesting for him to remember. You just need to assign a cartoon character to those 1,2,3,4 numbers.

Give number 1 to Doraemon, number 2 to Nobita, number 3 to Sunio.....etc

What will really happen is that when the boy connects those numbers with the cartoon characters which he loves,

he remembers it more easily and effortlessly without any pressure.

So, he will learn the numbers easily as if each cartoon character assigned to a particular number.

So, this is also one way to overcome laziness while studying.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know when it comes to studying you feel lazy and boring. So for you guys in this little article, I have mentioned How to Overcome Laziness and concentrate on the study with 5 Steps.

You always try to avoid studying by wasting your time unless and until a time comes when you have no option but just to face it anyhow.

Frankly speaking, I also don't love studying because it doesn't create any interest or excitement to attract towards it.

So what's the solution to the most critical question "How to Overcome Laziness and study hard?"

Not to be tensed more, here I will show you step by step ways to overcome laziness during the study.

Read the complete Blog post on how to overcome laziness in the study?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
When I'm too lazy to study, I try to turn my attention to something else.
Watch the film, walk the dog or cook dinner. It really helps.
The main thing is not to relax at all and understand that you need to learn!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
I just imagine a 770 popping on the screen at the end of the test lol
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2