Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance , Banking, Economics
Schools:Waaayyy....in the future - Booth!!
 Q34  V26
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
 Q34  V26
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [1]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: What is the best advice for me? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
If you have your raw scores, post those.
You have more material than you need - stop wasting time on all of those books. Just use one. Pick one that you like and use it.
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
Good advice.
It makes sense and I will do just that.

I have a plan, if I can stick to it and if it works then.....(life would become so easy!!!!)

Wish me luck!!
Thx
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Kudos
The OG is not meant to be a study guide, so use it only to reinforce concepts learned and for question practice. The Kaplan material is acceptable, but complementing that with Princeton is repetitive. Discard the other two books that you mentioned.

Your practice scores seem low, so postponing the test for a month or so might be something to consider. You might also be suffering from GMAT fatigue. In that case, take a day or two off to relax.
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
I think Arco math review is good for very basic math concepts.But it does not provide much detail on topics like number properties, probability problems , etc.

I do get the GMAT fatigue or "GMAT phobia" every time I think about how important it is to me.If my score don't go up about a week before the exam then probably I will reschedule . But I really hope I don't need to do that.I have been very disappointed about my scores at first but then I read a lot of success stories in this website.When ever I am feeling down now I take a two minute break and read a success story or encouraging quotation on this site...

I have very little time and lets see what I can do with it.
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
Hi people,

Today I gave the GMAT Prep practice exam again and scored 500. I would be facing the actual exam in exactly 2 weeks from now. Do you think there is still hope for me to reach 600? I know that in the real exam the score is almost always lower than the practice tests. What do you think?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Yipp
You most definitely can :)
I'm pretty sure you will!
Good Luck!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Sednima,

Could you also share the break-up of your score.. that way some of us can help you with the problematic areas.. and, also point out the areas that can be improved in a couple of weeks.. from my experience, I can tell you that reviewing practice tests is the best way to improve score..

best of luck! :)
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
It was Math 37 and Verbal 22.

I still need a lot of work on both of it!! In maths I'm having a lot of trouble understanding probability, permutation and combination. And if I face a complicated question about xy co ordination, I have trouble solving it too. I have searched but could not find any materials on these topics that will explain it to me easily.

At this point of GMAT preparation, what I am trying to do is,

1) Not to freak out,
2) Divide all the questions of OG throughout the week and practice everyday.Does not matter if I am getting some wrong (there are days that I practice questions and get all of them wrong).But understand and analyze each and every question and trying hard to figure out why the right answer is right and why the wrong answers not right.
3)Every one hour or two hour I am taking breaks, I don't study when I don't feel like it and I make up for it the next day.

And about the verbal section , I'm still having trouble to spot the errors the moment I see the question (in SC).I guess I need to memorize some of the grammar rules.

In RC and CR if I read the question really well the 1st time then I can manage to get to the right answer.But it always needs a lot of concentration and I am not a fast reader.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
cool.. that is a pretty neat strategy..
my 2 cents.. easiest way to improve the score in last few days is to improve on the SC.. memorize the important rules and you could easily increase you verbal score considerably.. you could use the Manhattan Sentence Correction book there.. that is the best available out there for SC..

Quant - I can't help you much there.. i myself never prepared for GMAT quant.. i guess, being an engineer helped me in this section.. just one piece of advice, spend more time on first 11 questions and try to get them right.. that helped me.. hope this helps you as well
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: IT Major
Schools:ISB - Co 2013
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 760  Q50  V44
GPA: 2.5-3.0
WE 1: IT Professional since 2006
Send PM
Kudos
You know, sometimes there is no better remedy than a kick in the gut.
Last time when I scored 660 almost everyone gave me reasons why I should consider my score good. Everyone, except one; who asked my why I scored so low. I felt like having been kicked in the gut. I can't say that kick was the only motivator but yes, it played a part too.
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
I think 660 is a very good score 700+ is even better, (Duh!!! of course!!!).

I just dream about 700 now, but I know the reality.In the GMAT prep even once if I score a 600, then I can set my goal for a 700.Right now I don't care about the scores, I just need to get all the formulas, tricks and traps in my head.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Concentration: IT Major
Schools:ISB - Co 2013
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 760  Q50  V44
GPA: 2.5-3.0
WE 1: IT Professional since 2006
Send PM
Kudos
If you can squeeze out a little time, I'd suggest do some 5-10 questions from every section and ever question type of 700-800 Series. Dont worry if you get them wrong, give them your best shot and try to understand the explanations (of wrong choices as well as right choice).

I feel obliged to warn you that 700-800 is meant to be a collection of tough questions for advanced test takers, so, if you are not careful, it may annihilate your confidence. Also, please please please do these questions only if you can squeeze out some extra time. There is no point doing hard stuff when basics themselves have a room for improvement.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [1]
 Q34  V20
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Sednima wrote:
Hi,

I will be sitting for the exam in exactly 23 days from now and I am feeling totally lost.I did study a lot for the last 2 months, but right now I feel as if I cant remember anything at all.When I sit to study I cant seem to figure out where to begin and when I do begin I am getting bored very easily.The results of my practice tests have not been up to my expectations and sometimes I think that maybe that is the reason for my feeling so discouraged. :(

I don't know!! Its been over two years now that I haven't studied and I desperately need to start my masters degree soon.So this exam is very important for me.

Can anyone give me any tips about the fastest way to get my scores up in my practice tests in 3 weeks?

I am also having a lot of trouble in math topics of probability, permutation and combination.Can anyone please suggest me any links to best understand the basics of these topics?

I would very much appreciate and be grateful for any advice, suggestions or help right now.

Thanks!!

Hello Sednima,

Thanks for joining us(gmatclub).
After hearing from lots of people I'm very much sure you will be feeling nice about your study plan and would have made some changes to it.
Now,you're on right path.Write a note to gmatclub's people they're always ready to help then and there.

Now,all the best for your study. do well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 344 [1]
 Q34  V20
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
SoniaSaini wrote:
Sednima wrote:
Hi,

I will be sitting for the exam in exactly 23 days from now and I am feeling totally lost.I did study a lot for the last 2 months, but right now I feel as if I cant remember anything at all.When I sit to study I cant seem to figure out where to begin and when I do begin I am getting bored very easily.The results of my practice tests have not been up to my expectations and sometimes I think that maybe that is the reason for my feeling so discouraged. :(

I don't know!! Its been over two years now that I haven't studied and I desperately need to start my masters degree soon.So this exam is very important for me.

Can anyone give me any tips about the fastest way to get my scores up in my practice tests in 3 weeks?

I am also having a lot of trouble in math topics of probability, permutation and combination.Can anyone please suggest me any links to best understand the basics of these topics?

I would very much appreciate and be grateful for any advice, suggestions or help right now.

Thanks!!

Hello Sednima,

Thanks for joining us(gmatclub).
After hearing from lots of people I'm very much sure you will be feeling nice about your study plan and would have made some changed to it.
Now,you're on right path.Write a note to gmatclub's people they're always ready to help then and there.

Now,all the best for your study. do well.
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
Dear Vaibhav ,

Can you please suggest me any links where I can find some of these 700-800 questions?
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
To Overdrive,

You were right! Manhattan SC is very useful. I should have bought the whole set when I began my preparation ...But ,anyway!!!

Thank you again!!!
Manager
Manager
 Q34  V26
Send PM
10 days left!!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts