Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:53 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: 390 score [#permalink]
Yes I know. I haven't submitted. Some said my profile is good but unfortunately my gmat scores were so low even though i prepared for 2.5 months.

Do you think this score will affect my entry into ISB if I apply again? And what should i do to improve? I am really disheartened. :(
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
I'd say don't worry about that for the moment. And don't be disheartened. Just concentrate on studying for your GMAT, and DON'T RUSH THINGS!!! Retake only when you are comfortable that you will get the best score possible.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
aartisridar wrote:
Yes I know. I haven't submitted. Some said my profile is good but unfortunately my gmat scores were so low even though i prepared for 2.5 months.

Do you think this score will affect my entry into ISB if I apply again? And what should i do to improve? I am really disheartened. :(

Take heart!
If you are applying to ISB's YLP, I believe you are in your final year of undergrad. The good news is the ISB introduced an Early Entry Option this year, under which you can apply next year as an early career applicant with less or no work work experience.

So take you time to study for the GMAT, crack a good score and apply next year with a stronger application. Meanwhile you can continue to develop yourself on other aspects such as professional, personal, and at the community level.

Namita
www.mbadecoder.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank You so much for your reply. And thank you for introducing me to EEP option. I shall look into it.

I have a few more queries. I might be digressing a little. I am in my final year of MA Economics and I feel i am cut out for Management. Maybe it's because I have take up a lot of leadership roles in my college and I really enjoy doing it. And now that I am in my final year, my parents want me to decide as to what I want to pursue. They have been telling me to do a phD/MS in economics. I am very clueless about it. People say i shouldnt do an MBA as I will be moving away from economics and which is not advisable.

As far as I know, I want to a administrative kind of a job with a good decent salary. So what do you suggest. SHould I go for an MS in economics or an MBA. And If MBA, where should I do it India or Abroad.

I would really appreciate if you could guide me. Thank You in advance.
GMAT Club Bot