Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 199 [0]
Given Kudos: 1283
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: 720 (49Q, 40V) - First GMAT Experience [#permalink]
luckluck123 wrote:
At the end of the test, I saw that I got 720 with a 49Q and 40V. If I had never done the GMATPrep tests, I would've never had the confidence to sit my exam today, and I might've even given up at some point.

First of all congrats. I too experienced something similar. I was scoring in the 680-710 range in various tests and when I took a GMATPrep mock I was suddenly at 740+.
That encouraged me and I went on to purchase the GMATPrep exam packs and that helped immensely in my prep.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 459 [0]
Given Kudos: 173
Send PM
Thanks!! luckluck123

That is very helpful. Good to know RC & CR on actual test are similar to GMATPrep.

Any tips for time management on Verbal, i always seem to run out of time in Verbal. Mostly due to RC & CR.

Thanks,
GyM

luckluck123 wrote:
I found it marginally harder. My biggest area of difficulty in the Verbal section is Sentence Correction, and I thought the SC questions that I got on the real thing were a little harder , and more subtle than the ones I got on GMATPrep. I would still say that looking at all the tests, I would say that the Manhattan Prep test's Verbal Sections were a bit harder than the real thing. Also, I didn't find a huge difference between the RC and CR on my GMATPrep tests and the real GMAT. To me, they were pretty much the same in terms of difficulty. Hope this helps, and good luck studying!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
GyMrAT wrote:
Thanks!!

That is very helpful. Good to know RC & CR on actual test are similar to GMATPrep.

Any tips for time management on Verbal, i always seem to run out of time in Verbal. Mostly due to RC & CR.

Thanks,
GyM

luckluck123 wrote:
I found it marginally harder. My biggest area of difficulty in the Verbal section is Sentence Correction, and I thought the SC questions that I got on the real thing were a little harder , and more subtle than the ones I got on GMATPrep. I would still say that looking at all the tests, I would say that the Manhattan Prep test's Verbal Sections were a bit harder than the real thing. Also, I didn't find a huge difference between the RC and CR on my GMATPrep tests and the real GMAT. To me, they were pretty much the same in terms of difficulty. Hope this helps, and good luck studying!

Posted from my mobile device

My tips for CR and RC would just to do as many passages as possible. I think the more I did them, the easier it became to distinguish between what information was important, and what wasn't. For the RC section, the GMAT pretty much tests the same concepts every time (main idea, author's opinion, etc.) and so, my main strategy is to just keep those questions in mind when I'm reading through the passage. I think your main goal should be to read the passage in its entirety only once, but read it slowly and carefully so you don't need to read huge chunks of it again. For me, the only way I was able to get better at that was to do lots of practice! If you've already exhausted the OG questions, I'd suggest doing some untimed questions from the LSAT PrepTests. They are similar in terms of what they test, but the LSAT passages are quite a bit harder (at least, imo). If you can handle those, the GMAT passages will seem like a piece of cake.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your studying!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts