Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:59 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Accepted!- cancel the GMAT? [#permalink]
mmarie22 wrote:
rg2014 wrote:
Congrats!!
I feel that leaving the GMAT exam would be a find decision. You have been selected plus offered a scholarship means that your profile stands out. Selection to any B-school depends on the overall profile and not just on the GMAT score. I think that you can always justify not reappearing in GMAT with your selection in the college you want.

Btw, if you feel it okay to share, what colleges did you target and what were your scores?
Thanks in advance.

Well my choice of schools was limited to several factors. BTW I'm applying for a MS Finance degree and not a MBA.
First, to best suit my career goals, I wanted to enter a program that was NOT heavily quantitative, but instead pretty comprehensive. Second, due to some current family issues, I have to stay within the northeast area. And third, I did not start studying for the GMAT until December, which did not give me nearly enough time to get a decent score. So when I received my GMAT score in January I received a 600 (which isn't the worst, but I had a extremely low quant score- 45V and 31Q). So given all these factors, I limited my choice to Boston College and U Rochester.

U. Rochester was the school that accepted me with the scholarship. I have an undergrad degree in Accounting and a 3.57 GPA. I attended BC Law School for a year and withdrew September 2013 with a top 25% GPA. I don't have any full time work experience since I went straight from undergrad to law school, but I do have very strong internships and volunteer work.

I would suggest reaching out to current students to see if potential employers look at your GMAT score. I'm not real familiar with your degree program, but if it is like the MBA, some companies will want to see your GMAT score.

In addition, at this point, I'm not sure if you will get a full refund. During one of my GMAT attempts, I tried to reschedule my exam the day of, but the fee for doing so was $250 dollars! I decided to go ahead and take the exam anyways and ended up with a 70 point improvement!
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 160 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hmm. Congrats on getting accepted!! I am not sure if the GMAC would offer any sort of partial refund, but that might sway me to cancel, especially since you got accepted to your top choice with a scholarship! Plus you don't want to take away too much study time from your CPA exam.

To the other poster's point though, I have read a couple articles about some top consulting firms asking for GMAT scores in their application process, so that is also something to consider. Also something to consider -- if you did score higher on this second GMAT, would Rochester give you more scholarship funding?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello , I. Think you have a undergrad degree in accounting , and you are planning for a masters in finance. , that why they accepted , my university also mentioned that if I have an undergrad degree in accounting or a masters degree then I don't need to write GMAT.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot