Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:21 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
 Q45  V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Tau Beta Pi, Phi Beta Kappa, Inroads
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V47
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Am I ready? Test Sat, 750 GMAT prep2 [#permalink]
do it or not...i am sure you will get a good score!!! be calm and give your best!!!
good luck!!
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V42
Send PM
Well I took the exam yesterday, and had pretty mediocre results compared to my practice scores.

Basically the quant section was harder than anything I had seen on the gmatclub tests, along the lines of MGMAT. Most of the problems I got were harder algebra problems that I never understood well, along with a string of several tricky DS problems in a row. Maybe I was just nervous and didn't perform as well as I did on practice.

Anyways, verbal was relatively easy, hardest part was a hard RC passage over physics. I click through, get my score, and I scored 710: 45V, 42Q. Normally I would be happy with this score if it weren't for the miserable, unbalanced performance in quant. My percentiles were 73% for Q and 95% for V, 92% overall.

So, should I resit the exam? I definitely don't want to right now. Will it matter? You tell me. I'm not applying to MBA programs just yet - I am applying to top MS Accounting programs in the US, MSF at Stockholm School of Economics and Univ of Saint Gallen, Switzerland, and maybe a few other US msf programs. It's really too late for me to retake the test... since applications are becoming due as of Feb 1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
If you are ready to devote some time for the preparation, say around 2 months, I think you can improve your quant score. 48 is very reachable. It becomes tougher beyond that.
All the Best!
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V42
Send PM
Lol, I actually misread my score the first time I saw it and didn't realize I had 45Q 42V until I applied for graduate programs. Anyways, I didn't retake the test for graduate school, but I may retake it in the future if I decide to apply to an MBA program in 5 years or so (I am just now graduating from undergrad).
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 433 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
kseel wrote:
Lol, I actually misread my score the first time I saw it and didn't realize I had 45Q 42V until I applied for graduate programs. Anyways, I didn't retake the test for graduate school, but I may retake it in the future if I decide to apply to an MBA program in 5 years or so (I am just now graduating from undergrad).

Congratulations on your 700 plus score and your score of 42 in the verbal section.

As and when you take your GMAT, try to be systematic about the preparation. Focus on quant this time :)
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V42
Send PM
Entwistle wrote:
kseel wrote:

Congratulations on your 700 plus score and your score of 42 in the verbal section.

As and when you take your GMAT, try to be systematic about the preparation. Focus on quant this time :)

Yeah, surprisingly I didn't study verbal (native English speaker, had a Nazi-grammarist as an English teacher in high school). I devoted most of my time studying to quant, but I didn't practice time management well enough. I got caught up on a few problems and guessed on the last 5-6 questions. I think I wasn't used to the mind-numbingness of really trying to write a winning essay before completing the quantitative section.

Also, I haven't had much math in college, and I don't think I ever learned it very well at a younger age due to moving around (I went to five different high schools in four years). It was difficult to face this fact since I always considered arithmetic one of my strengths, but without proper education not everyone can do it all (unless you are Will Hunting, lol!).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Wow! You guys are super brainy makes me think:What am I doing in this club anyways! Lol, jokes apart, u will breeze thru quant if you become more systematic and be the new star to score 770+, just go rigorously thru basic math stuff and pray give urself 3 months atleast!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
 Q45  V42
Send PM
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Wow! You guys are super brainy makes me think:What am I doing in this club anyways! Lol, jokes apart, u will breeze thru quant if you become more systematic and be the new star to score 770+, just go rigorously thru basic math stuff and pray give urself 3 months atleast!

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks Desi, I really appreciate that. I was disappointed to score lower than my practice tests, but I didn't put in the work to deserve higher than what I got. BTW, did you go to Texas A&M?
GMAT Club Bot