Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
Re: Ask HKUST Admissions [#permalink]
Hi HKUST,

I am a round II applicant, and had my first round interview in early March.
Since my interview, I have not received any communication from HKUST admissions. Given that the deadline was Apr 10, am I to consider this a reject?
I have sent a couple of emails to the adcom requesting for current status. However these emails have gone unanswered.

Please can you clarify as to when we can expect to hear back regarding the status?

Thanks,
Unmukt
Send PM
Hi Unmukt

Thanks for your enquiry.

Our admissions committee is taking more time to review the application for round 2. We will get back to you by the end of next week. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Let us know if there is any other question.

Regards,
Kara

unuk50 wrote:
Hi HKUST,

I am a round II applicant, and had my first round interview in early March.
Since my interview, I have not received any communication from HKUST admissions. Given that the deadline was Apr 10, am I to consider this a reject?
I have sent a couple of emails to the adcom requesting for current status. However these emails have gone unanswered.

Please can you clarify as to when we can expect to hear back regarding the status?

Thanks,
Unmukt
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi HKUST,

I am an investment banker working in the United States. I am considering doing an MBA at HKUST in order to transition into the Asian market. What % of your full time MBA students receive full scholarships? Is it possible to speak with one of your MBA advisors to discuss my chances of receiving a merit based scholarship?

Thank you,
EM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Hi hkustmba

I had one query regarding re-application process. I had sent the same query on inquiry email id, but haven't received any response at all.

The website doesn't list out any details for re-applications, however, wanted to know, does HKUST really encourage re-applications? If yes, what additional details need to be furnished by re-applicants as a part of the re-application process?

Thanks,
Anand
Send PM
Dear EM,

Thank you for your interest in HKUST MBA program.
The scholarship amount would cover 10%-50% of the tuition fee and on average, 30% to 50% of our incoming class get scholarships from us.
If you are interested in having a admissions chat with us, we appreciate if you could register an account and upload your CV at here to facilitate the consultation. We will provide you further arrangement details upon receiving your registration.

Regards,
Crystal
HKUST MBA Admissions Team

ExcelMonkey101 wrote:
Hi HKUST,

I am an investment banker working in the United States. I am considering doing an MBA at HKUST in order to transition into the Asian market. What % of your full time MBA students receive full scholarships? Is it possible to speak with one of your MBA advisors to discuss my chances of receiving a merit based scholarship?

Thank you,
EM
Send PM
Dear Anand,

You are welcomed to apply for this year.
In making the admissions decision, the admissions committee will also consider a bundle of factors including your undergraduate performance, the quality and amount of your work experience, your global exposure, work references, GMAT score, IELTS/TOFEL result (if applicable), etc. There is no single factor that dominates the admissions decision. With your previous experience of application, you surely shall have better understanding on the program and the school, which should be a great advantage for you to proceed with the admissions process.

Hope to see you in Hong Kong soon.

Best Regards,
Crystal
Marketing and Admissions
MBA Programs, HKUST Business school

ananddas1984 wrote:
Hi hkustmba

I had one query regarding re-application process. I had sent the same query on inquiry email id, but haven't received any response at all.

The website doesn't list out any details for re-applications, however, wanted to know, does HKUST really encourage re-applications? If yes, what additional details need to be furnished by re-applicants as a part of the re-application process?

Thanks,
Anand
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hkustmba wrote:
Dear Anand,

In making the admissions decision, the admissions committee will also consider a bundle of factors including your undergraduate performance, the quality and amount of your work experience, your global exposure, work references, GMAT score, IELTS/TOFEL result (if applicable), etc. There is no single factor that dominates the admissions decision. With your previous experience of application, you surely shall have better understanding on the program and the school, which should be a great advantage for you to proceed with the admissions process.

Best Regards,
Crystal
Marketing and Admissions

ananddas1984 wrote:
Hi hkustmba

Thanks,
Anand

Crystal - thanks for your prompt response!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hkustmba wrote:
Dear Anand,

Best Regards,
Crystal
Marketing and Admissions

ananddas1984 wrote:
Hi hkustmba

Thanks,
Anand

Crystal - as i started my re-application process, I am unable to modify the recommender's list using my existing profile. Can you help me with how to add a new recommender
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi HKUST,

I applied through the late round applicant last week. May I know if I still have the chance to get into HKUST with full scholarship? I am an international student by the way.

And when will I be notify regarding the invitation for interview?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 520 Q31 V31
GPA: 3.3
WE:Human Resources (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi there!

I am currently trying to apply for the 2017 intake at HKUST. I would like to get a head start on my application and would like to get some information.

I am an Indian national as well as a Hong Kong Permanent Resident. Being a permanent resident of HK, will this affect my application in anyway? I ask this because i do understand that a MBA course would try to diversify their class profile as much as possible.

Although i am a HKID card holder, i am currently based in Dubai.

Any information on this would be appreciated!

Thank you

Abhishek :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived HKUST Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our HKUST Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated HKUST Forum for all fresh things related to the HKUST MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts