Last visit was: 16 Jun 2024, 06:13 It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 06:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Energy, Analytical Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1873 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Retail, Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools:HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Columbia (RD-ding), Booth (R2)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2010 CBS Applicants (MERGED) [#permalink]
unhedged wrote:
Just got my rejection.

Sorry to hear that buddy. I went through your blog and you have pretty good profile. I am sure you get into one of your top choices. Best of Luck.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools:Columbia Business School - Class of 2012
Send PM
unhedged wrote:
Just got my rejection.

Sorry to hear this :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Wow that decision email would have been scary. I am glad my email (on Jan 3rd after Dec30 submission) just said that the status has changed.
Looks like the admissions/interviews are rolling in, keeping my fingers crossed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
Hello everyone, I submitted my application on the deadline day- half an hour before deadline. My last recommender submitted recommendation today- 12. Yesterday my application's status was received- not submitted. is this what CBS does? They have never e-mailed me about my status change of application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
westsew wrote:
Hello everyone, I submitted my application on the deadline day- half an hour before deadline. My last recommender submitted recommendation today- 12. Yesterday my application's status was received- not submitted. is this what CBS does? They have never e-mailed me about my status change of application.

Westew, I was in a similar situation. I spoke with the AdCom office and they told me that the letter of rec (mine was submitted on the 11th) would likely be included into our applications due to our the closeness of our submissions relative to the final deadline. They process applications in the order in which they were received (unlike Stanford where it's random and hence no guarantee). Mine now says Submitted and "Your application is now being printed and prepared for review."
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
 Q50  V35
WE 1: 5- hr
Send PM
gkumar wrote:
westsew wrote:

Westew, I was in a similar situation. I spoke with the AdCom office and they told me that the letter of rec (mine was submitted on the 11th) would likely be included into our applications due to our the closeness of our submissions relative to the final deadline. They process applications in the order in which they were received (unlike Stanford where it's random and hence no guarantee). Mine now says Submitted and "Your application is now being printed and prepared for review."

oh I see. good luck!
Current Student
Schools:HBS (R2 - Accepted & Matriculating), Kellogg (R1 - Accepted), Columbia (RD - Accepted), Stanford (R2 - Dinged)
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Submitted 12/17/09
Interview invite received 01/11/10

The email simply said "your application status has changed" - there was a subsequent email with a link to login and schedule an interview.

Good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: General,Marketing,International Business
Send PM
congrats Kohlia and good luck for the interview!

also does anyone know - for internationals does CBS connect you with alumni or do phone interviews?
Current Student
Send PM
congrats kohlia. best of luck for your interview. do let us know how you prepared and fared.
Current Student
Schools:HBS (R2 - Accepted & Matriculating), Kellogg (R1 - Accepted), Columbia (RD - Accepted), Stanford (R2 - Dinged)
 Q50  V44
Send PM
thanks gkumar.

Aditi123: i'm international and they're setting me up with an alum, not a phone interviewer

just a general question to anyone who is scheduling off-campus interviews through the system: it gives you 3 potential interviewers' details and asks you to email all 3, and ultimately fix one. any idea how this works? what if more than one responds and fixes a time? how do you avoid a situation like that, which i imagine can only come off as being rude on your part. it's not particularly clear how this works.

thanks again
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
to those who were dinged,
did any of your ding letters have language like "we urge you to reapply next year?"

as i was dinged off waitlist, i was hoping to at least read something like that, but there wasn't really any statement encouraging me to reapply.

thanks guys
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gkumar, it is perfectly OK to email all 3 (or even 9), and schedule with the one that responds the soonest or most convenient. chances are more than half of them are going to be out of town etc.

If another alumni responds after you've already set up an interview, just reply to thank them saying the instructions were for you to email multiple alumni. They understand this process can be time consuming so no one would blame you for following the instructions.

before you pick an interviewer, i would suggest you look up their profiles and pick the one (based on job, gender, age, ethnicity etc) that you think you can get along with easier.
Current Student
Send PM
Aidare wrote:
gkumar, it is perfectly OK to email all 3 (or even 9), and schedule with the one that responds the soonest or most convenient. chances are more than half of them are going to be out of town etc.

If another alumni responds after you've already set up an interview, just reply to thank them saying the instructions were for you to email multiple alumni. They understand this process can be time consuming so no one would blame you for following the instructions.

before you pick an interviewer, i would suggest you look up their profiles and pick the one (based on job, gender, age, ethnicity etc) that you think you can get along with easier.

i think you meant to direct this message at kohlia ;-)

but i wouldn't mind being in his situation soon! :D
Current Student
 Q50  V44
Send PM
gkumar wrote:
Aidare wrote:

Thanks a lot for the response, Aidare. That was very helpful. I guess I should've thought about going through all the 3 profiles first - feel silly now. I actually emailed the first of the three, and she happened to get back to me within a few minutes; before i could even get to the next person. So I think I'll just go with this one now and not bother emailing the other two unless some compelling reason crops up from going through their profiles.

gkumar, you'll hopefully hear back soon enough - just keep the faith! Will let you know about the interview once it happens. Will be next week mostly. Good luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Send PM
kohlia- good luck with the interview.
if you wish to chat before your interview, PM me. i'm happy to give you info on what to expect.

praz

kohlia wrote:
gkumar wrote:
Aidare wrote:

Thanks a lot for the response, Aidare. That was very helpful. I guess I should've thought about going through all the 3 profiles first - feel silly now. I actually emailed the first of the three, and she happened to get back to me within a few minutes; before i could even get to the next person. So I think I'll just go with this one now and not bother emailing the other two unless some compelling reason crops up from going through their profiles.

gkumar, you'll hopefully hear back soon enough - just keep the faith! Will let you know about the interview once it happens. Will be next week mostly. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Columbia(Admitted ED)
 Q51  V42
Send PM
kohlia wrote:
gkumar wrote:
Aidare wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it Kohlia. I ended up interviewing with my last choice out of the 9 names that show up, but it was a very pleasant experience. Seeking to determine compatibility based on background can be futile. Interviewing with someone who is from a different field can be advantageous too as you will have a greater chance to talk about stuff outside of a particular field. Good Luck to all those interviewing.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1873 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 2: 670
Send PM
Just got an interview! I am so excited. My heart was racing when I got the email to check.

Submission: 12/4
Invitation: 1/13

Best of luck to you all who are still waiting. Hang on tight.

Praz, pls let me know if I can reach out to you as well. Need some pointers. thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45  ...  83