Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2011 UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants! [#permalink]
prashant225 wrote:
Is the alum Sunil Parikh. Because he is the only alum in Mumbai. How can he interview two candidates on the same day :? .

Anyways looks like he has a lot of time.

Best of luck for the interview. keep me posted.

Yes. Mr. Sunil.

One interview should take one hour at max. So I don't think two interviews is going to be a problem. In fact, there could be more interviews scheduled on the same date.

I am from Pune. You?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alpeshvc wrote:
prashant225 wrote:
Is the alum Sunil Parikh. Because he is the only alum in Mumbai. How can he interview two candidates on the same day :? .

Anyways looks like he has a lot of time.

Best of luck for the interview. keep me posted.

Yes. Mr. Sunil.

One interview should take one hour at max. So I don't think two interviews is going to be a problem. In fact, there could be more interviews scheduled on the same date.

I am from Pune. You?

I am from Mumbai. Nice to meet you. Has he communicated the venue?

Regards
Prashant
Manager
Manager
Send PM
prashant225 wrote:

Nope. Not yet.
He has asked me to send a reminder on 2nd/3rd March.

May i know you profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General,Non-profit,Marketing,Entrepreneurship
Schools:Yale SOM,Stern,LBS,Vanderbilt
Send PM
talwarmeister wrote:
treehugger wrote:
R3 applicant at UNC. Love the school!!

Just a small query though. I gave an on campus interview and it went exceptionally well...The interviewer kept on telling "atta girl" and gave me very very positive feedback that it was too good to believe..Does it mean that i have more chances of getting admitted? Does the interview hold additional weight?

The wait is killing me and any response will be much appreciated!!

I think that interveiw is the most important part of the process. A good interview can certainly give you advantage over your compitition. But if other parts of application are not very good then even the most amazing interview cannot save you.

Thank you talwarmeister. I am an Indian/female/25 GMAT 650..I wouldnt say my GPA is stellar as well but my essays and recommendations are really good. My career goals are very different form the usual Indian applicants. So lets wait and see..UNC is currently my top school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
alpeshvc wrote:
prashant225 wrote:

Nope. Not yet.
He has asked me to send a reminder on 2nd/3rd March.

May i know you profile?

I am a chartered accountant working with one of the big four in the consulting side in the banking space.

How about you? How is KF for a career in consulting/IB? Any idea. I havent interacted much with the alums.

Regards
Prashant
Manager
Manager
Send PM
prashant225 wrote:
I am a chartered accountant working with one of the big four in the consulting side in the banking space.

How about you? How is KF for a career in consulting/IB? Any idea. I havent interacted much with the alums.

Check my signature link for detailed profile.

I am more interested in product development / mgmt. consultancy (tech.). Don't have much idea about finance side of KF. Study it's placement statistics and you shall have rough idea.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
when can we expect to hear R3 admits?Will UNC stay off until March 21st?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
Did anyone else in R3 who has interviewed receive an email with the subject "An Invitation to Apply to be Considered for the Dean's Fellows Program at UNC Kenan-Flagler" ?

The first sentence is intriguing and is making my mind race about acceptance possibilities... "Congratulations on receiving an MBA fellowship to UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School."

I wasn't aware that I had received a fellowship at all. I haven't been accepted yet. Wanted to pose a question to the group to see if anyone else had received the same message and if it could be a mistake that I'm reading too much into.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Harvard R2 - Ding, Stanford R2 - Ding, McCombs R2 - Admit, UNC R3 - Admit
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Communications
WE 2: Not-for-Profit Management
Send PM
Kilian wrote:
Did anyone else in R3 who has interviewed receive an email with the subject "An Invitation to Apply to be Considered for the Dean's Fellows Program at UNC Kenan-Flagler" ?

The first sentence is intriguing and is making my mind race about acceptance possibilities... "Congratulations on receiving an MBA fellowship to UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School."

I wasn't aware that I had received a fellowship at all. I haven't been accepted yet. Wanted to pose a question to the group to see if anyone else had received the same message and if it could be a mistake that I'm reading too much into.

I did not receive an email like that. I believe it is a very positive sign. Fellowship candidates are hand picked if I remember correctly. Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Kilian wrote:

I received the same email. I'm assuming its a mistake since they've had quite a few this year with the implementation of a new system
Manager
Manager
Schools:Fuqua(no int), Darden(no int), McCombs , Kenan-Flagler, McDonough, Smith(w/$$)
Send PM
Impalpable wrote:
I did not receive an email like that. I believe it is a very positive sign. Fellowship candidates are hand picked if I remember correctly. Congrats!

Hopefully it's not a mistake. Thanks for replying.

skeechiro wrote:
I received the same email. I'm assuming its a mistake since they've had quite a few this year with the implementation of a new system

I may reach out to them this afternoon to inquire if there isn't some sort of retraction sent.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
nfunc wrote:
I received the same email, not until 11 though, so it seems there may have been some sort of thought behind it...hopefully it's not a mistake, my fingers are crossed. Have you even received an admissions decision? I haven't so I called and someone is supposed to get back to me later today.

It's also interesting because the website states that there is no additional application for the Dean's Fellows program which evidently is no longer true.

Kenan-Flagler admissions is on fire this year! Let's hope (for the prospective and current students) that their career management center is doing a better job!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nfunc wrote:
I received the same email, not until 11 though, so it seems there may have been some sort of thought behind it...hopefully it's not a mistake, my fingers are crossed. Have you even received an admissions decision? I haven't so I called and someone is supposed to get back to me later today.

It's also interesting because the website states that there is no additional application for the Dean's Fellows program which evidently is no longer true.

I have not received an admissions decision either, and also called. I left a message with the woman who sent me the email. Please post if you hear back. I will do the same.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congrats guys!!

The only email I got this morning was that they need my transcripts. But I ahd submitted it personally when I went in for the interview. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got a call. Seems to have been a mistake for any R3 applicants to have been included on that email. Nuts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM

Originally posted by skeechiro on 01 Mar 2011, 13:53.
Last edited by skeechiro on 08 Mar 2012, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kilian wrote:
Just got a call. Seems to have been a mistake for any R3 applicants to have been included on that email. Nuts.

Oooops :( :( sorry to hear that..lets hope for the best now :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  37