Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 04:14 It is currently 21 May 2024, 04:14
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Status:MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Posts: 3729
Own Kudos [?]: 1432 [0]
Given Kudos: 573
Location: United States
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Joined: 24 Jul 2019
Posts: 1767
Own Kudos [?]: 651 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2020
Posts: 87
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Status:MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Posts: 3729
Own Kudos [?]: 1432 [0]
Given Kudos: 573
Location: United States
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
It's a little difficult to answer that, there's a lot of factors at play.

If you are hell bent on recruiting for the Middle East then round three August intake is going to allow you a period there; not the case for Jan intake. If you're going for consulting, and you don't need an internship, August intake is OK.

Acceptance rate is a little better overall for August intake because there is no opportunity for internship (a lot of sponsored candidates might be partly the reason also, however – risk-free candidates.) My guess is that there are probably a lot of consultants on the beach right now and the firms will want to retain talent through lean times and so INSEAD August intake is a perfect idea for that.

But yes, R3 is not as good for Indians because those seats are largely filled…. if you can wait 3 months to start I would encourage Round 1 for Jan intake (applying in March for R1 Jan intake). If you want a job in finance or pivoting to anything other than consulting, January intake full stop because internship.

I don’t really know what you mean by unique profile; one applicant to INSEAD said he felt he was unique coming from Bangalore so it’s hard to know without having the actual facts you feel separate you. Consider where you are an outlier on each of the 4 criteria.

BoiledLine2010 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
It’s impossible to know but if they have 4 rounds if we are assuming 12% - 120 total - I do not think 30 Indians get admitted per round. I believe it is front loaded. Because that’s how they’re going to get the best people. I really think Indians and Chinese applicants should apply earlier than later for admissions odds and also to be eligible for the greatest number of scholarships (this last part applies to all.)

Ah got it. As an Indian applicant would you say R3 is late for a not-so-generic profile?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 10 Aug 2022
Posts: 12
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Location: Lebanon
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41 (Online)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
1
Kudos
BoiledLine2010 wrote:
Hey would anybody know how many students have been admitted so far for the August intake?


248 so far

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Status:MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Posts: 3729
Own Kudos [?]: 1432 [0]
Given Kudos: 573
Location: United States
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Wow that is one heck of a story isolating the impact of citizenship/passport! Thanks for sharing that.

MBAGuide wrote:
sid1723 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I think that would be quite the exception esp for males. They don’t take more than 13 1/2 percent from any one country and so this has an upward pressure on the GMAT - they’re spoiled for choice when it comes to India so it wouldn’t make a lot of sense for them to take an Indian esp Indian male with a 700 unless their profile is so arrestingly unique - they feel like he would add unprecedented value to the class. I was the thread master for many years and I never saw anything like that. But of course I’m not saying it’s impossible

On similar lines, GMAT Focus score of 665, would be tough as well?


I couldn't have put it more honestly than MBAPrepCoach did.
I also see that especially among Indian applicants, the general advice doing the rounds is that you either have an 'INSEAD' profile or you don’t. At the initial stage of profile evaluation, where so many INSEAD aspirants express their interest in the school, I have to say frankly to many that a high score is not enough to give an applicant a nod that they can make it. INSEAD has laid out the main criteria by which it evaluates applicants quite clearly, and most applicants falter when it comes to demonstrating a consistent international focus. I don’t think it would be an exaggeration to say that the overrepresented population at INSEAD is an exception to what I usually preach - not everyone needs to be an outlier in an MBA class. But at INSEAD, by and large, every student from the populous demographic has a unique or even unusual background. Interestingly, I also know people who were so obsessed with INSEAD that they retook the GMAT and worked on the INSEAD application even after joining other top Indian B-schools, almost twisting the original stories so that they ended up getting an offer from INSEAD after being on waitlists a long time. Interestingly, the story is quite different for underrepresented profiles. A friend at INSEAD, who spent their entire life in IT jobs in India, by their own admission, only made it thanks to the unique and underrepresented passport they held. Thats the kind of focus Insead puts on constructing a diverse class (even if it is for the stats).

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Status:MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Posts: 3729
Own Kudos [?]: 1432 [0]
Given Kudos: 573
Location: United States
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you for this - I messed up the math earlier forgetting it's 1000 seats across both intakes not just Jan. Redid this above.

elie911 wrote:
BoiledLine2010 wrote:
Hey would anybody know how many students have been admitted so far for the August intake?


248 so far

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2020
Posts: 87
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
1
Bookmarks
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
It’s a little difficult to answer that, there’s a lot of factors at play. If you are hell bent on recruiting for the Middle East then round three August intake is going to allow you a period there; not the case for Jan intake. If you’re going for consulting, and you don’t need an internship, August intake is OK. Acceptance rate is a little better overall for August intake because there is no opportunity for internship (a lot of sponsored candidates might be partly the reason also, however – risk-free candidates.) My guess is that there are probably a lot of consultants on the beach right now and the firms will want to retain talent through lean times and so INSEAD August intake is a perfect idea for that. But yes, R3 is not as good for Indians because those seats are largely filled…. if you can wait 3 months to start I would encourage Round 1 for Jan intake (applying in March for R1 Jan intake). If you want a job in finance or pivoting to anything other than consulting, January intake full stop because internship. I don’t really know what you mean by unique profile; one applicant to INSEAD said he felt he was unique coming from Bangalore so it’s hard to know without having the actual facts you feel separate you. Consider where you are an outlier on each of the 4 criteria.

Ah thank you for the detailed explanation. And it’s considered a reapplicant even if it’s an application for a different intake right? Say I apply to August now and then apply to Jan in the next window

I believe this will still be counted as reapplicant?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Status:MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Posts: 3729
Own Kudos [?]: 1432 [1]
Given Kudos: 573
Location: United States
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
Yes it would, and no offense but that would be a horrible strategy. INSEAD is particularly not too keen on reapplicants because they have given you a massive opportunity to get the message across already, and so if you apply a few months later you are just basically telling them that they were wrong and made a mistake. And they probably won’t agree. I don’t even think it’s a very good idea to apply the following year at the same time because usually unless your test score or years of work experience was the clear problem and you fixed it - they don’t perceive that as enough time to quote “grow”.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Nov 2022
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.3
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Hi,
I am seeking clarification on the status of my application in the following case. My original plan was to apply for the MBA program for the August intake by January 16. I had already entered the details of my LOR referee and intended to submit the application by January 16. However, my health has deteriorated, and I am currently unable to work on my application.

I want to confirm, if in its current state, my application will be considered as my first attempt. And, if I would be considered as a re-applicant later.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Status:MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Posts: 3729
Own Kudos [?]: 1432 [1]
Given Kudos: 573
Location: United States
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
1
Kudos
Expert Reply
I am so sorry about your health and hope for your recovery. No, if your application is not submitted then you would not be considered a reapplication. It sounds as though your recommenders have not submitted the forms either, so there's really nothing you need to do. If you feel that it would ease your mind, you might e-mail admissions about your interest in applying later, but in no way would you “need” to.

Shivani12346 wrote:
Hi,
I am seeking clarification on the status of my application in the following case. My original plan was to apply for the MBA program for the August intake by January 16. I had already entered the details of my LOR referee and intended to submit the application by January 16. However, my health has deteriorated, and I am currently unable to work on my application.

I want to confirm, if in its current state, my application will be considered as my first attempt. And, if I would be considered as a re-applicant later.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 24 Nov 2022
Posts: 9
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.3
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Thanks a lot for your response. My recommender has not submitted the form yet
User avatar
Intern
Intern
Joined: 09 Jan 2024
Posts: 3
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Random question: does anyone have access to the academic calendar yet and knows when exactly the program starts in August 2024? Is there a welcome week etc.?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Jul 2020
Posts: 38
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Kira Questions I got:
1. What are your guiding principles or involvement in Coporate and Social Responsibility
2. How is Diveristy handled at your organization?
3. What skills do you think you are missing that you want to work on while at INSEAD
4. How do you handle frustration at work and give constructive criticism

Hope it helps!
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2020
Posts: 87
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Can we submit the application before our recommender has submitted it? Will it still be valid?
SVP
SVP
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 2000
Own Kudos [?]: 970 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
BoiledLine2010 wrote:
Can we submit the application before our recommender has submitted it? Will it still be valid?

You can, yes. Your recommender has to submit it by the deadline or the within the allowed grace period if any.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jul 2020
Posts: 87
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Alright thanks

Also there is a section which asks if INSEAD can contact my employer. If I select No does that affect anything? If I select yes, can anybody tell me when they’ll contact? (After/before offer)
Intern
Intern
Joined: 07 Sep 2022
Posts: 19
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Location: India
GPA: 4
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Could anybody give me opinion about this?Is it necessary to mention my full time positions with annual salary and starting and leaving dates if I have already mentioned my full time positions in resume ? Or can i skip that part?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 16 Jul 2019
Posts: 116
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 296
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
You have to mention in the form even if it’s visible in cv
Intern
Intern
Joined: 07 Sep 2022
Posts: 19
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Location: India
GPA: 4
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
Okay thank you Anubhav
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD August 2024 Intake [#permalink]
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34  ...  43   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3729 posts