Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:06 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Business
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
I'm still waiting. Went Under review on the 26th. Its been a while and not a peep out of CBS.

NYU WL, CBS - Wait, Chicago Interview, HBS Ding, Wharton DING.

I dont' have much to look forward to i suppose!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
I went under review on the 31st. I wouldnt worry too much, it looks like they will get to us within the next week or two.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:USC R2 (In), UCLA R2 (In), Columbia RD (Ding w/o interview), Haas R2 (Ding w/o interview)
Send PM
This waiting period is extremely intense! My app went under review on the 1/21 and I haven't heard from CBS. Seeing that my profile is not stellar compared to all of you who have gotten dings recently...I'm slowly losing hope!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Ding w/out interview.
1/5 submission

760 GMAT
6 years Management experience
3.4 gpa

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: International Business, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
marketingchick wrote:
This waiting period is extremely intense! My app went under review on the 1/21 and I haven't heard from CBS. Seeing that my profile is not stellar compared to all of you who have gotten dings recently...I'm slowly losing hope!

Agreed - and I'm not even expecting to hear for another 2 weeks or so.
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools:Booth
 Q48  V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
uprightcitizen wrote:
Ding w/out interview.
1/5 submission

760 GMAT
6 years Management experience
3.4 gpa

Sorry to hear that, upright citizen! Best of luck with your other applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Stanford(R2), Wharton(R2 Ding), CBS, Haas(R3), Sloan(R2 Ding), Ross(R2 Int-WL), Darden(In!! + full $$)
Send PM
For those of us who went under review between 1/18-1/24, did ANYONE got invited? I don't believe i have seen one yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Send PM
Yeah I went under review on 1/18 and just had my interview. But I think there are a lot of people who went under review around the same time who have been dinged so I'd take it as good news if you haven't heard anything yet!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:Stanford(R2), Wharton(R2 Ding), CBS, Haas(R3), Sloan(R2 Ding), Ross(R2 Int-WL), Darden(In!! + full $$)
Send PM
thx, sratzi, do you mind sharing the date of your interview invitation?

sratzi wrote:
Yeah I went under review on 1/18 and just had my interview. But I think there are a lot of people who went under review around the same time who have been dinged so I'd take it as good news if you haven't heard anything yet!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: International Business
Send PM
No problem, I had posted a few days ago but that's a couple pages back now :) Got my interview invite on 2/16. Now waiting for my status to go interview complete.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Applied 1/5
Under Review 1/18
Still waiting :-|

Does CBS go through a process where there are 2 reviewers and if one likes it and one doesn't it goes to a third person to review? That can be the only reason I can think of that it is taking so long.
It probably also explains why a few have been interviewed and few have been dinged. For the one's in status quo - Is ours being reviewed by a third person? Purely speculative, as I am not aware of CBS' review process - but this is something other top univ's do.

Either that, or they are just trying to get a picture of the already filled class and looking to plug gaps to even out their stats! As an engineer this randomness w/ dates is killing me.

Just my random 2 cents.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
I went under review on Jan 13th and haven't heard a peep. Dying to know what's going on. Especially with all the really strong profiles getting dinged. It's a little unreal. After I submitted on Jan 5th, I read that Columbia's RD is like other schools' round 3, especially for those submitting in January. I didn't want to believe it at the time, but I'm definitely starting to think it's true.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LaChloe wrote:
I went under review on Jan 13th and haven't heard a peep. Dying to know what's going on. Especially with all the really strong profiles getting dinged. It's a little unreal. After I submitted on Jan 5th, I read that Columbia's RD is like other schools' round 3, especially for those submitting in January. I didn't want to believe it at the time, but I'm definitely starting to think it's true.

Can you clarify what you mean by "especially for those submitting in January."? Do you think if someone submitted in January after 1/5, it could be more difficult than for someone who submits in February? If so, why?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
WE 1: 4 years - Engineer
Send PM
saritalr wrote:
LaChloe wrote:

Can you clarify what you mean by "especially for those submitting in January."? Do you think if someone submitted in January after 1/5, it could be more difficult than for someone who submits in February? If so, why?

He's not saying that. He's saying that people who submit after and including january face a bit of an uphill battle.
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools:Booth
 Q48  V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
restero wrote:
Applied 1/5
Under Review 1/18
Still waiting :-|

Does CBS go through a process where there are 2 reviewers and if one likes it and one doesn't it goes to a third person to review? That can be the only reason I can think of that it is taking so long.
It probably also explains why a few have been interviewed and few have been dinged. For the one's in status quo - Is ours being reviewed by a third person? Purely speculative, as I am not aware of CBS' review process - but this is something other top univ's do.

Either that, or they are just trying to get a picture of the already filled class and looking to plug gaps to even out their stats! As an engineer this randomness w/ dates is killing me.

Just my random 2 cents.

What I've read is that 3 different people read your application before a decision is made, with one person reading at a time. Any one of those three people could extend the offer to interview.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
theturko wrote:
saritalr wrote:
LaChloe wrote:

He's not saying that. He's saying that people who submit after and including january face a bit of an uphill battle.

Exactly. I'm not even sure Jan 1st - 4th help all that much, I think you have to submit pretty early in RD for it to feel like another school's round 2. This is all speculation though.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LaChloe wrote:

Exactly. I'm not even sure Jan 1st - 4th help all that much, I think you have to submit pretty early in RD for it to feel like another school's round 2. This is all speculation though.

Yeah - it's frustrating but I think you're probably right. Oh well, at least my expectations seem to be reasonably pessimistic. Hopefully that will make any bad news easier to take.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  179   180   181   182   183  ...  198