Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
 Q50  V34
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 5 years
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
My file went under review on Nov 4th and haven't heard back yet.Getting anxious!! :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mbacheckmate wrote:
My file went under review on Nov 4th and haven't heard back yet.Getting anxious!! :(

Hang in there. I think one of the best ways to lower the stress level is to exercise and create an alternative plan if you do not get accepted by Cornell.

Also, you need to lower your interest level in Cornell Johnson. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but if you really love the program, then you will fall even harder if you do not get accepted. I think a medium level interest in the program is best for your sanity.

Finally, don't lose hope. The Adcoms may have a particularly busy year.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck 2012
Send PM
I am new to the forum. I turned in my app on 9/22 (but recs came in closer to R1 deadline), received notification that it was under review on 10/19, got an interview invite on 11/3, and interviewed with an alum here in NYC on 11/17.

Was a little disappointed with the method of scheduling interviews and have overall felt like Johnson has been uniquely disorganized among the schools to which I've applied -- e.g., application became available only six weeks before R1 deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance,General Management
Schools:Ross (R1-Admit)
Send PM
Hi
An R2 applicant here. Is there a way to know the status of my application i.e. whether it is being reviewed or not. Do they send you an email when they begin reviewing it. or is there any other place I can see the status. Maybe some R1 applcants could answer.
Thanks in advance
Current Student
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I heard that some of R2 applicants have received interview invitations.

Can I consider this an end of R1 evalation process?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
 Q45  V46
Send PM
MeowKat wrote:
I am new to the forum. I turned in my app on 9/22 (but recs came in closer to R1 deadline), received notification that it was under review on 10/19, got an interview invite on 11/3, and interviewed with an alum here in NYC on 11/17.

Was a little disappointed with the method of scheduling interviews and have overall felt like Johnson has been uniquely disorganized among the schools to which I've applied -- e.g., application became available only six weeks before R1 deadline.

Unfortunately I completely agree. In addition to that issue you raise, I've noticed a number of disappointing trends, my point of contact in the admissions office even ended his term of employment (generic "oh he doesn't work here anymore statement") between the Round 1 and Round 2 deadlines. It has made me wonder how well run and organized the career services offices is and generally been a buzz kill to what had seemed like a great fit for me. At least my interview went swimmingly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks JinJJa.However,it seems that chances of an invite are very low after the Thanksgiving weekend as the decision deadline is looming around the corner.
JinJJa wrote:
mbacheckmate wrote:

Hang in there. I think one of the best ways to lower the stress level is to exercise and create an alternative plan if you do not get accepted by Cornell.

Also, you need to lower your interest level in Cornell Johnson. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but if you really love the program, then you will fall even harder if you do not get accepted. I think a medium level interest in the program is best for your sanity.

Finally, don't lose hope. The Adcoms may have a particularly busy year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Does anyone know the application volume at Cornell this year!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance,General Management
Schools:Ross (R1-Admit)
Send PM
alnasl wrote:

Hi
Where did you hear that some people in R2 got invite? Has anyone on the forum got an invite? Would help if you could share any information.
Current Student
Send PM
Ari123 wrote:
alnasl wrote:

Hi
Where did you hear that some people in R2 got invite? Has anyone on the forum got an invite? Would help if you could share any information.

I found it on an MBA related online forum. I hope that this be a mistake. :evil: :evil: :evil:

//Cornell Johnson R2 Interview Invitation
//GMAT 700 +
//GPA 3.5 +
//TOEFL waived
//Entrepreneur
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
GMAT 2: 720  Q47  V41
Send PM
alnasl wrote:
Ari123 wrote:
alnasl wrote:

Hi

I found it on an MBA related online forum. I hope that this be a mistake. :evil: :evil: :evil:

//Cornell Johnson R2 Interview Invitation
//GMAT 700 +
//GPA 3.5 +
//TOEFL waived
//Entrepreneur

I am a R2 applicant, no interview invite (yet) here... Do not lose your hope just yet though, there's still a lot of time!! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
orgninja wrote:
MeowKat wrote:

Unfortunately I completely agree. In addition to that issue you raise, I've noticed a number of disappointing trends, my point of contact in the admissions office even ended his term of employment (generic "oh he doesn't work here anymore statement") between the Round 1 and Round 2 deadlines. It has made me wonder how well run and organized the career services offices is and generally been a buzz kill to what had seemed like a great fit for me. At least my interview went swimmingly.

Same here. I got an email notification from one Adcom member asking for a convenient time for my interview.( I wanted an alumni in my area of a telephonic one). The person confirmed that they can do telephonic and provided me a date. When I replied back with my confirmation, I didnt get any reply from him. Then I again email him after 4 dys, when he came up with a date on campus , completely neglecting the previous conversation in the email trail. I had to remind him and then he confirmed. I found its a very unorganized way of scheduling an interview
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Called the admissions office today and they are still in the process of sending invites.Lets hope for the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
mbacheckmate wrote:
Called the admissions office today and they are still in the process of sending invites.Lets hope for the best.

thanks buddy for sharing the update. did you specifically asked for R1 applicants? did they mention anything else related to delay in interview invite?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Duke R1, Cornell R2, Columbia RD, Darden R2 (withdrawn), Ross R2
GMAT 2: 720  Q47  V41
Send PM
mbacheckmate wrote:

for R1?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rohitmakkad wrote:
mbacheckmate wrote:

thanks buddy for sharing the update. did you specifically asked for R1 applicants? did they mention anything else related to delay in interview invite?

Yes,I asked for R1 but did not ask about the reason for the delay.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone received an interview invite whose application went under review on or after November 4th?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  72